TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The worlds first wrestling ONLY tv channel!

The wrestling channel that weve been getting excited about over here in th UK, now looks certain to happen. Heres the newest info:

(from wrestle-zone.co.uk)

Massive news breaking, I have just been sent information on the new wrestling channel that will be airing on the SKY Satellite network.

The channel will be called the Wrestling Channel and not the Combat Channel as other sites posted.

wchannel.jpg

The channel's head quarters will be in London and the studio's and production offices will be in Dublin and will be trading under the name of The Wrestling Channel Ltd.

The channel will have a fully functional website with a merchandise, chatroom and news section. The site is currently under development and can be found at www.thewrestlingchannel.tv

The channel will be FREE to sky subscribers and 10 hours of Wrestling will be shown 7 days a week.

The channel boasts a magnificent line up of promotions. Here is the line up they currently have: CZW, FWA, TNA, IWW, NOAH, XPW, XWF, NJPW, Mid-Atlantic (Classic), Memphis Classic), MLW, ROH, RF Video Shoots, Florida (Classic), CMLL, UPW, WEW (Nude womens wrestling), UWF (Classic), ITV World of Sport, Classic Wrestling Superstars (52 Episodes of top stars in other promotions.

The wrestling channel is the first of its kind anywhere in the world, and this is a great boost to Pro Wrestling in the UK.

How awesome is this going to be!? I know it will only effect a minority of visitors to this board, but I think its worthy news as it will be the first of its kind anywhere in the world.

I think I might be investing in a second Sky subscription.

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate

their logo sucks, though....looks very amateurish.

their logo sucks, though....looks very amateurish.

Indeed it does, but give them a chance. The website is currently a single image, so they clearly have a long way to go.

70 hours of 'free' wrestling a month - 1 crappy logo = :D :D

Guest Nevermortal

Bah. Why can't they do this here? And by here, I mean the US. And by the US I mean America. And by America, I mean the US.

(Depending on where you are from) you've got the option to go and see top Indy and WWE stars live in your own backyard. We've had to put up with tapes, the odd import, shitty wwe house shows and raw and smackdown days after they were on in the USA, for years now.

I say its about time we got lucky for once! :D

Sounds like the greatest channel ever... Lucky brits...

but how can they have XPW, XWF, UPW, ROH on when those promotions currently don't have TV shows? Just going to show old matches/shows or something?

Sounds like the greatest channel ever... Lucky brits...

but how can they have XPW, XWF, UPW, ROH on when those promotions currently don't have TV shows? Just going to show old matches/shows or something?

It just says that it will feature those promotions. to what extent it will feature them is unknown.

Perhaps it will be re-runs of high impact tv etc. Or it could well be a collection of old matches bundled with a load of rfvideo.com adverts, hence making it more than worth while for the promotions to get on board.

It'll make it's way over here in another year or two.

If it is a sucess it probably will, but if it is a British company behind it and they decide its not worthwhile, it could never happen. DO you have a national TV provider in the USA? With Sky digital in the UK, you effectively have that in place, so it is easy for them to broadcast to the whole country, Scotland and Ireland.

Guest Nathan_Avara

I think Direct TV would carry it if it comes over here. The US steals American Idol from the UK they better steal this. lol

Hopefully Time Warner will pick it up if they ever decide to bring the channel over here, but the bad thing is it'll probably be year old matches that I've already got on tape.

I think Direct TV would carry it if it comes over here. The US steals American Idol from the UK they better steal this. lol

I actually really hope it does, because it would give UK based promotions a chance to get weekly exposure in the USA. That can only be a good thing.

Fleh, I love this and all, Good for you Brits. But I personally have always wanted to see reruns of old raws and nitros. Now that would be awesome and would probably get higher ratings then the raw of today.

It certainly has the potential to be awesome.

Fleh, I love this and all, Good for you Brits. But I personally have always wanted to see reruns of old raws and nitros. Now that would be awesome and would probably get higher ratings then the raw of today.

I dont think that will happen on the new channel as WWE has a deal with Sky Sports. Why Sky sports can show re-reuns is beyond me though, perhaps they feel that not enough people would watch it plus, like you said, it would show up the new raws.

Guest BAR

The biggest surprise here is that it's gonna be free. Kinda strange to think we're gonna get NJ in the UK. From being starved with the WWE, to being spoiled with this. I better start getting tapes in now.

The only bad thing is that it probably won't last a year. But, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Its been rumoured to be starting this autumn, although there is not a specific date as of yet.

Until now, its all been a bit hit and miss. But this latest batch of news makes it look like it will definetly happen.

The only bad thing is that it probably won't last a year. But, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

A lot of poeple ive talked to have said that, but I think it stands a good chance. I know hardcore wrestling fans are few and far between in the UK, but I think the fact that it is free will mean a good number will tune in.

Also, when you flick through the Sky digital channels, you can find all manner of things. If Chrisitan rock tv and life tv and all the auction channels can make it, why cant a wrestling channel?

Disclaimer: I may have made up some of the above channels :D But you get the point!

Guest BAR

LOL. But you know how many 40 year old woman tune in to those auction channels. And they generate alot of money.

You've got a point there.

On the subject of obscure Sky channels, I found these ones:

* You TV

* UK Bright Ideas

* FRIENDLY TV

* Civilisation

* Ideal World

* Vitality

* Christian TV

... and the list goes on.

Im honestly not making any of those up! They are all legitimate channels.

*Leaves to watch Friendly TV*

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate

Adding WEW's nude women's wrestling is cetainly going to give this new network the credibility it deserves.

Guest Dangerous A

That would be sweet if that could make it's way here. I would consider getting satellite cable if it did.

I wouldn't want WWE to be on this channel at all. WWE has TNN and UPN to show it's drivel. Last thing I need is them spoiling a wrestling channel with "sportz entertainment".

WWE would never agree to do the channel because they don't want to acknowledge that there is other wrestling out there. Remember kids, if it ain't WWE, it isn't any good says a McMahon.

Guest Taz_mark

You forget WWE has rights to the NWA WCW and ECW stuff. I'd watch it for sure.

I've just made a post over in General Wrestling about the wrestling channel. I hadn't seen this one, but i've just read over at themayhem.com the channel will be debuting in October. so only 2 months now till we'll have wrestling goodness on our screens 10 hours a day.

I've just made a post over in General Wrestling about the wrestling channel. I hadn't seen this one, but i've just read over at themayhem.com the channel will be debuting in October. so only 2 months now till we'll have wrestling goodness on our screens 10 hours a day.

Seen as it apears to be carrying mostly indy stuff, I thought I would post it here.

On top of the debut date, a logo has been released for on-sceen stuff, I cant remember where I saw it though. Ill post it when I find it again.

Found it!

I think it is what they are planning on having in the corner of the screen all the time the channel is on. (The bottom left corner to be specific.)

logocorner.gif

As with all this info, at this stage, its all very first draft and nothing is for certain. However, I think it looks pretty good.

I'm salivating over the very thought of this channel :P

Also i like the screeen logo its simplistic in a good way.

I like it as well.

Ive also just found a small promo video that the station made. Its not much, but you can check it out here.

Hopefully we will get some more news soon.