TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The worlds first wrestling ONLY tv channel!

Guest BAR

I've just bought myself 5 new tapes to start with. I've also wrote down all the promotions and what/how much I'm gonna tape. It's never too early!

Sorry, but damn this is big!

lol. Im thinking of doing some over time this month as well, so I can buy some blank tapes in bulk.

I wonder how much of the stuff wil be replays? Its going to be difficult to fill that amount of time per week, even with the number of promotions on board.

Guest BAR

A lot of shoots, Classic stuff, indies etc will be more than one hour. And, it's 10 hours a day. So, promotions will probably be shown on a weekly basis, or every few days, at least. And, a lot of the stuff will probably be back-dated, so they should have plenty of stuff to show.

I guess so.

How awesome would a Soccer AM - esque show be? It could have news, reviews and competitions etc. There could be phone-ins and top 10's etc.

I hope they do something like that on it.

That would be a cool little thing to do, keep all the viewers updated.

Hopefully they won't blow their load too soon and will show stuff gradually so they don't have to re-show stuff again to soon after it debuts.

I think i'm going to venture into town today to see if i can find a good deal on tapes, its never too early to start buying them in :P

Guest BAR

Like I said, I just bought 5. I'm really looking forward to NOAH. It's the only Japanese promotion i'm not 'up on'. NJPW will probably be the thing that'll fill up most of my tapes though. And, ROH.

Speaking of blank tapes. Whats the cheapest you guys can get them for, and where do you get them?

If I find them for under £1 each then I usually consider that a good price, and buy a few. There must be a place online you can buy them in bulk for much cheaper though.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Damn. What a time to lose my Sky :(

I'm so going to be pestering people on this board for tapes :P

I'm going to be wanting to check out nearly everything that gets shown on this channel, i've only seen one whole ROH event being Era of honor begins, which i loved. So RoH is a must see. I want to check out all the Japanese wrestling, haven't caught any before so looking forward to that. As well as NWA TNA i need my Raven fix. :D

When i buy blank tapes i usually buy them when theres a deal on like 8 4hr tapes for the price of 4 or something like that. Comets a good place i find for tapes.

Note: Just been to find out how much Sky Plus costs, its £249 for the box, £10 for subscription and £1 Insallation, hmmm i may have to consider getting it. Although i would have to dip into my Wrestlemania XX fund, and i'm not sure how wise that would be.

:unsure:

Note: Just been to find out how much Sky Plus costs, its £249 for the box, £10 for subscription and £1 Insallation, hmmm i may have to consider getting it.

Is that £10 a month for subscription, on top of the usual subscription?

I allready have sky in my house, but im thinking of getting a second connection. Does anyone know the fee for this? I just want the basic cheapest package per month.

Although i would have to dip into my Wrestlemania XX fund, and i'm not sure how wise that would be.

:unsure:

Dont forget the channel is practically a cert now, whereas you scoring tickets for WM20 (in the small garden) are very slim.

Suppose your right about the Mania thing unfortunatly, although i did go to Mania X8 i really wanna go to this one. Being surrounded by thousands of Wrestling fans rules.

I'm still gonna keep saving till september 27th when tickets go on sale, and if i don't get any i'll still have all the money i've saved left over which i can spend on getting sky plus in my bedroom.

I've just found out how much an extra regular subscription costs its:

Extra subscription £15 a month

Extra box only £99 when purchased at the same time as an extra subscription.

Standard Installation

£50 for first box and £25 for any further additional boxes installed at the same time.

Edit: Yeah the Sky Plus is an extra £10 a month on top of your regualr subscription.

Suppose your right about the Mania thing unfortunatly, although i did go to Mania X8 i really wanna go to this one. Being surrounded by thousands of Wrestling fans rules.

I'm still gonna keep saving till september 27th when tickets go on sale, and if i don't get any i'll still have all the money i've saved left over which i can spend on getting sky plus in my bedroom.

That sounds like a good plan to me :D

Edit: Yeah the Sky Plus is an extra £10 a month on top of your regualr subscription.

That rules that one out then :(

I've just found out how much an extra regular subscription costs its:

Extra subscription £15 a month

Extra box only £99 when purchased at the same time as an extra subscription.

Standard Installation

£50 for first box and £25 for any further additional boxes installed at the same time.

So its £150 and then £15 a month. Damn, I was hoping it would be cheaper than that.

DOH! I just had a thought. If I allready have Sky installe din my house, woud I have to pay for it to be installed if I wanted to have a second connection? Surely it only involves plugging the second box in, theres no dish or anything to put up is there.

Also, can you buy second hand digi-boxes? If so, they would probably be half the price.

So its £150 and then £15 a month. Damn, I was hoping it would be cheaper than that.

Yeah your right that is kind of expensive, from the adverts i thought it was like £12 pounds extra a month :huh:

If I allready have Sky installe din my house, woud I have to pay for it to be installed if I wanted to have a second connection? Surely it only involves plugging the second box in, theres no dish or anything to put up is there.

I think its kind of like a flat fee, for like putting in the extra wires and shit like that to connect it up.

After doing all this research on Sky, i have come to the conclusion that its bloody expensive. :P

After doing all this research on Sky, i have come to the conclusion that its bloody expensive. :P

You can say that again. Not that I'm supprised in the slightest, the monthly fee for Sky has increased so much over the last few years, they're basically taking the piss because they know you can't really go elsewhere.

If its possible to get hold of a second hand box and get a 3rd party to do the installation, it might be a bit cheaper. It looks like it will be that way, or not at all, for me.

Well i'll know on September 28th (day after mania tickets go on sale) if its going to be viable or not to get an extra box in my room.

Hmmm maybe if i say to my parents they could reward me if my gcse results are good with a sky box in my bedroom :lol:

Think they'll fall for it?

Guest BAR

I'll just use the old-fashioned tapes. My family don't watch too much TV anyway so I don't think I'm gonna have any problems.

Guest BAR

G_Money: I finished my GCSEs a few weeks ago too. I don't know how I did. I probably got a few Bs & Cs, hopefully not too bad. I doubt I'd get no Sky box from though, that's for sure!

Bar: Yeah not sure how well i did either, i'm hoping for that elusive A* at History but the rest will all be C's across the board most likely. The maths papers were horrendous this year IMO.

Back to the subject at hand, i would just record it all downstairs, but all my mum does once she finishs work is wathc tv and smoke so its pretty much out of the question unless she discovers a taste for wrestling pretty soon. :(

I'll just use the old-fashioned tapes. My family don't watch too much TV anyway so I don't think I'm gonna have any problems.

Thats lucky.

You know when Homer and Bart fight over the last pork chop in that Simpsons episode? Thats what its like with the remote in my house! Seriously, its all I can do to watch Raw and Smackdown sometimes.

Yeah it should be, should be debuting now in the spring around March/April apparently.

Just found out that from Monday onwards for about a week on sky cannel 268 there will be a preview of the wrestling channel to see how much interest it gets.

I have no offical source than other than what the presenter on this cahnnel have said but there should be a press release about it tommorow.