TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Goldust predicts World Title Run

Goldust predicts World Title reign

by Keith Elliot Greenberg 

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. –- July 28, 2003 -- While RAW fans here were talking about Triple H, Goldberg and Kane, one flamboyant Superstar predicted that, soon, much of the chatter would be about him.

"I believe I'll be the World Champion one day," predicted Goldust, backstage at RAW, looking composed after a recent vacation from televised combat. "It's something every WWE Superstar wants, and something I believe I'll get."

Goldust has been an unpredictable presence since his debut in the mid-1990s. Over the years, he's evolved from a curiosity to a respected Superstar. After holding both Tag Team and Intercontinental gold, Goldust contends that a conquest of the world crown is inevitable.

Asked if he could replicate the achievements of his father, the legendary Dusty Rhodes, Goldust insisted, "I'm as big as my father ever was. He's Dusty. I'm Goldust. And I stepped out of his shoes a long time ago."

How does he visualize his World Title victory? "Probably with my rapid-fire powerslam variation, the Shattered Dreams," he said, in reference to his below-the-belt maneuver. "Either way, you will never forget the name..." he drew in his breath, "Goooldust."

Um yeah, whatever you think man. Thoughts?

Guest Askewniverse
How does he visualize his World Title victory? "Probably with my rapid-fire powerslam variation, the Shattered Dreams," he said, in reference to his below-the-belt maneuver.

I don't think that a main eventer is going to job to a powerslam.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I don't think Goldust was serious either.

How does he visualize his World Title victory? "Probably with my rapid-fire powerslam variation, the Shattered Dreams," he said, in reference to his below-the-belt maneuver.

I don't think that a main eventer is going to job to a powerslam.

Apart from RVD...

Well, I mean....RVD jobbed to a friggin elbowdrop. The Bubba-Tough elbowdrop is painful enough, but a powerslam is like stabbing a knife into Van Dam's stomach.

And, come on...Goldust could feasibly win the title from HHH. One kick in the groin and Triple H will be screaming in pain while picking his balls up off the mat. Then it'll be an easy 3 count.

Hell....Goldust would be a better champion than Goldberg.

Guest razazteca

Come on the current champ won with a SLEEPER and DDT!

If Goldust becomes champion it should as a result of a Dusty finish or one so bizzare that it gets named after him.

Guest Askewniverse
Come on the current champ won with a SLEEPER and DDT!

But look at the people he beat with the sleeper. Jeff Hardy and Spike Dudley aren't exactly main eventers.

HHH beating RVD with a DDT wasn't that bad, since it was on a steel ramp.

Guest CanadianChris

Even if he was serious...would it be worse than what's on top right now?

Guest redbaron51

If goldust was champion, at least there is some entertaining value at the main event

Guest razazteca

If HHH wants to be like Flair than he must lose to Dustin Rhodes in a cage match from a reverse Indian Death Lock or Small Package while attempting his finisher.

Guest bort

i think it could happen, goldust is still farly young and if RAW had a few injurys and Goldduat had his working boots on he could move up the ladder, i think hes one of the better workers in the WWE and if he dropped the goofy gimmick then you never know, i could see him and Y2J having good matches if givin 20 min

Guest bort

i think it could happen, goldust is still farly young and if RAW had a few injurys and Goldduat had his working boots on he could move up the ladder, i think hes one of the better workers in the WWE and if he dropped the goofy gimmick then you never know, i could see him and Y2J having good matches if givin 20 min

Guest bort

Guest AndrewTS

The problem is that Goldust up until now has been the wrestling equivalent of a character actor: a gimmick wrestler. He doesn't really have the type of look that WWE would push for a main eventer, especially with their current direction. I wouldn't have ruled it out back in the mid-late 90's since he was pushed heavily and even main evented as a WWF Title challenger (vs. Undertaker I believe).

Now, his current character is not even close to the Goldust of old, but he's probably deeper and definitely more entertaining.

However, until he at least drops the Down's (wait, that's the writers)--er, Tourette's Syndrome gimmick, no chance in hell.

Guest Korgath

Goldust needs the booking of a genius *cough*Heyman*cough* to get over with the marks for a World Title shot.

Face it, no one in the current creative team is capable of pushing Dustin properly.

Though I would DEFINTELY mark out for even the slightest hint of a World Title push.

Guest Indy
Hell....Goldust would be a better champion than Goldberg.

It's True, It's True

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

I'd mark for a Goldust title win, especially if it was a Dusty finish. Oh, the irony...

Guest redbaron51

Heyman workin with Goldust...

it sounds crazy and it might actually work.

Guest Ingram Paladin

Goldust's old school style is the yummy goodness that would turn me on. His gimmick goes beyond a comedic or side-show route. It is so unique, and so intruiging that it can stay afloat amongst the main event stars.

Guest Ingram Paladin
I still just can't see, nor do I want to see it.

Why not? You don't like his character or in-ring style?

Guest Ingram Paladin
If he wasn't so much of a comedy act I would like it.

He could easily slip back into the creepy character he was doing back in '96. Thats how I see it. As a wrestler, he can keep up with nearly anyone, especially since he has lost a ton of weight.

Guest AndrewTS
Heyman workin with Goldust...

it sounds crazy and it might actually work.

Oddly, both their characters have had homosexual overtones.

Guest saturnmark4life

With his absence from TV they could quite easily bring back the classic Goldust character. I'd love to see it. But er, let's all wake up now.