TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

The Mystery Man Behind The Curtain

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'll take the minority stance and say it's about time.

I remember reading that they had a costume made for him MONTHS ago and they still haven't brought him in.

I'll give anyone a chance outside of the WWE to prove me wrong.

Guest BrokenWings

Yeah - I don't really mind this. I'm interested in seeing what he can do. I think he'll be good addition, assuming he can move well for a big man (which I believe he can do, if I'm not mistaken) and used properly.

I guess we'll see how the cookie crumbles.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Being able to move is half the battle.

Most of the guys in TNA can put together a match.

Given his role I assume we'll see matches against Punk, Julio and then Raven...none of which sound bad to me.

The trouble gets to when you have a big man against a shitty wrestler (New Jack or Sandman) or a big man against a big man (Which TNA doens't really have many outside of Abyss and Legend...both of whom I have seen can work).

In fact...the lack of big men has also meant a lack of big man vs. little man matches...which if done right can be interesting and good.

Or they can be Kash vs. Watts.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

All I have to say is that if Bull Buchanan is on an NWA show, I won't order. No matter how good the rest of the card sounds.

He's a talentless one-move hack.

Guest BoboBrazil

Why wouldn't you order a show with Bull on it if you have been ordering shows with Erik Watts on them?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

His one move was too many for the WWE style which is why they let him go.

Guest Slapnuts00

The Observer reported that Buchanan was given a tryout match before the show and he asked about pay but apparently their don't pay talent for dark matches which pissed him off. Maybe things have smoothed out though.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I'm all for Bull showing up. The New Church suits him. I actually liked the guy pre RTC (of course, he was with Bossman, so it might have been a lesser of 2 evils thing), & if he can break away from the famed WWE Style, i'd be curious to see how he does. But i'm not expecting a Vader here- maybe a Bigelow in his prime? Ah well, we'll know for sure in 2-3 weeks (as he shakes off the WWE moveset, hopefully).

His new outfit better kick ass.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Bull's problem wasn't WWE style so much as it was that he never looked like he knew what he was doing. He just looked incredibly lost out there and dare I say, the friggin Bossman and the then Goodfather held the tag matches together when they teamed with Bull.

He's got a couple of cute moves but it doesn't seem like he had any actual training so much as he went in, learned how to bump, learned 3 moves and called it a day.

Guest Deviant

You know, we saw all that Bull has in WWE. They didn't restrict his ring-style...

Of course, I guess he could have improved, but I'll believe it when I see it and admit that my doubts weren't called for. Until then, I can't say I have any desire to see him at all.