TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FeArHaVoC

Another TRL favorite gets booed off stage

Guest FeArHaVoC

Lesson learned, Rolling Stones fans don't like Justin Timberlake...

Justin Timberlake joined the Rolling Stones on stage at a concert in Toronto on Wednesday. During Timberlake's set, the crowd threw water bottles at him. Timberlake finished his set, thanked the crowd, and got off stage only to return later to perform Miss You with the Stones.

Credit: MTV/411mania

I'm shocked MTV would even report this.

Guest Vyce

The crowd merely asserted that they paid to see REAL rock stars, not foolish boy-childs.

Guest DR PHIL

HOLY FUCK!!!

This is the greatest thing ever!

The guy had balls to come out and finish it but fuck him!

"Does happy dance"

Guest starvenger

Apparently , Timberlake told the audience that if he was here to see AC/DC and the Stones, he'd boo him too. At any rate, I think his set was only 20 minutes. Which I think means that he withstood the barrage better than Cake at Edgefest 2002...

Guest Youth N Asia

If I went somewhere to see the Stones I'd boo of some boyband asshole came out.

Guest FeArHaVoC

The Fred Durst incident is part of the problem. Everyone has heard about it at this point so all the morons in the crowd are going to be sheep now. Their going to think it's "cool" (all thought funny at times) to throw shit at the people on stage they don't like in hopes to get a reaction from the performer.

How soon before a riot and people get hurt or even killed?

Guest Ripper

Yeah, I was just about to say that. I wish shit like this wouldn't get reported because some dumbass is going to sit there and say "COOL, we outta do that when someone we don't like steps on stage".

Guest redbaron51

nah...

I think Canadians know what good music is when they hear it.

I don't think they should throw things, but booing them out of the arena is the right thing to do.

It's like the "sit on your hands and be silent" approach to letting Vince know what you don't like in WWE.

Guest CanadianChick

It was only because it was a rock concert. Justin was the only non-rock performer there, correct? So of course the people paid to see a rock concet, not JT.

Guest razazteca

Well come up the average fan of Rolling Stones is what 35 and a Justin fan is 17? Of course Justin would of gotten booed off the stage.

Guest Choken One

Justin is an good peformer and decent singer but they put him in a horrible element of old 35-45 year old AC/DC Stones fans...

Why was he even there?

Guest CanadianChick

Um, how is he fake? He's a good singer. He dances. Nothing really fake about that.

Guest Dangerous A
Probably because most people think that he's trying too hard to be black.

That's one of the reasons. He just seems fake to me overall. The way he walks, talks, and carries himself in general. Something about him just bugs the shit out of me. Eminem trys way too hard to be black as well, but I enjoy Em, so I guess it's just me.

The bit about him being a good dancer and singer is subjective. I like R and B and hip hop, but I don't like Justin's music or Justin himself, period. It's just me. I try not to shit on Flyboy or any of the other Justin fanboys too much because I can see how he appeals to some people. I am not one of those people.

Guest Midnight Express83

Dangerous A, I have a very simple question for you, What the fucking hell is "Being Black" anyways. I hear that all the time and want to know, how does one become "Black"?

At least Em has a modicum of realness to his act, seeing how he grew up near Detroit.

Who was the jackass that would put Justin Timberlake as the opening act for AC/DC and the Stones??? Anyone with a quarter of a brain would know that he would not be a good fit...

Guest Flyboy
I try not to shit on Flyboy or any of the other Justin fanboys too much because I can see how he appeals to some people.

I'm not a fanboy of Timberlake. The guy has talent and put out a fun pop album. Nothing more than that.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk
Dangerous A, I have a very simple question for you, What the fucking hell is "Being Black" anyways. I hear that all the time and want to know, how does one become "Black"?

I'm not DA, but I'll give my opinion. Being "black" is just being hip hop. It gets called black because it started in a predominantly black culture. Some white guys actually are black, and some black guys try too hard and aren't. That statement comes off fairly confusing, so it's probably not the best word to describe the hip hop lifestyle. Calling it "being black" probably comes from black pride. Black folks would equate being cool with being black, because they took pride in their culture and heritage.

Guest Doyo

But Jeff Hardy already is a musician! :ph34r:

Watch out for that bottle!

flip2.jpg

"The afternoon kicked off on a low point for Timberlake when a concertgoer's sign questioning the singer's sexuality made it to the jumbotrons for about 15 seconds."

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate

I say he was there just to say that he performed at one of the biggest concerts ever, regardless of who else was on the bill. If Woodstock returns, he'll definitely try to get on the bill even though he's definitely not a rock artist.

Guest Ingram Paladin

Good music is good music, regardless of how they look. Timberlake gets a bad rap because he is a pretty boy and was in N'Sync. His album is perfectly acceptable. People need to get off him, there is much much much worse out there.

Guest Doyo

He doesn't play an instrument. He doesn't write songs. He probably writes

some of the lyrics, but a fifth grader could write that stuff also. He is not

the least bit original and wants to be Michael Jackson. Neptunes and Timbaland

made some dancy beats and he did his vocal thing over them and then they

used studio effects to make his voice sound better. It is the music version

of McDonalds - corporate produced crap for the masses. We might all eat at

McDonalds now and then, little kids really like it, but it is nothing compared to a

fine steak.

Guest redbaron51

Justin is trying to be like Michael Jackson. From the beats, the moves, to the clothes...

all he needs now is his own theme park and turn white, and become a dilussion freak.

Guest Doyo

uh yeah i like music. this is the music forum. :headbang:

Justin wants to be Michael and Michael wants to be Justin.