TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

"Playmakers" on ESPN

Guest Redhawk

I'm thinking this show might be either horribly bad or really good, with no in between. As much as I'd like to see a show about the dark side of pro football, I don't know if I can buy Mo from The Smart Guy and Hangin' with Mr. Cooper fame as an NFL running back. And how deep into the issues will ESPN go? As soon as they start "exposing" stuff like steroids and shady team doctors, will the NFL get upset and not cooperate with them as much? And if that happens, will ESPN do whatever it takes to get back on the NFL's good side? Also, I see ESPN is slowly becoming MTV-like in that soon it will be all shows that are sports-related instead of what it was originally.

Guest acnx

I'm looking forward to this show a lot. It looks like it will be really good, but I won't be surprised if it blows.

And about ESPN becoming like MTV, I can see that happening. I was so disgusted when I heard about Beg Borrow and Deal...I thought it was a ridiculous idea. I'll admit, I watched the marathon when they played it after the season was over though, and I was surprisingly entertained by how stupid those people were. Why get people that barely even like sports to do all that shit? Morons.

I can also see ESPN really pissing off the NFL with this show, as it looks like it will depict the NFL in a really bad way. I hope that it's not all about steriods, and shit like that. But I really doubt that ESPN would go through with it without atleast checking with the NFL first...I don't think there will be any problems, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if there are.

Guest Choken One

It looks like Any Given Sunday the tv show.

At least ESPN's movies and tv shows involve sports...unlike MTV.

Show won't last long enough for NFL to get upset.

NFL probably won't like it, but they still know ESPN is a huge player when it comes to TV exposure so that'll smooth things over.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I await for ESPN to give the Real World's Puck a show. Fuck it, stick him on Around the Horn.

Guest phoenixrising

Don't forget ESPN also has the Espys just like MTV has the VMA's. I can't see ESPN completely giving up sports...but I can see them throwing all the miscellaneous stuff (billiards, golf, bowling, etc.) on ESPN2 and when there isn't a game on, scheduling sports-themed shows with Sportscenter conveinently thrown in. And is it just me or is Sportscenter beginning to become the ESPN version of TRL? They already have countdowns and the hosts try to act like they're the coolest thing since sliced bread, much like TRL.

I might try to catch Playmakers...seems like it might be good.