TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Any brand trades soon?

I think obviously people would like to see an RVD for Undertaker trade, but what other ones could be pulled off right now AKA who is really stale and could use a different environment? At least with Taker on Raw he could be a 'new' face for HHH to feud with for two months and then obviously move onto the Kane feud. I agree with the poster last week saying another RVD-Brock feud could work well with how they meshed last summer. The question is this, if an RVD-Taker trade went down, could you have Kane squash RVD on his way out and have Bischoff say he's pissed at RVD and will try to move him at all costs without hurting RVD's character for SD!

Guest JaKyL25

I saw an idea awhile ago that would precipitate this trade:

Kane declares Van Dam his #1 target. He continues to haunt Van Dam's matches for weeks, and nothing can be done to keep Kane away from trying to kill Van Dam.

Bischoff & Austin agree to trade him to SmackDown out of respect for his safety. And they get Undertaker in return, the one person who they think can attempt to deal with Kane.

Kinda makes Van Dam out to be a coward, but eh.

I think that would be a good premise, and let's be honest we have short attention spans, we wouldn't even remember why RVD was sent over after about 2 weeks. :D

Guest JRE

Major trades right now?....nah, that's booking for the weak. Maybe in a few months.

Minor? Rikishi to Raw to form a team with Rosey. Dawn Marie to Raw to manage Lance Storm. Maybe Scotty to Raw when he gets back...if they sign Brian Lawler....Raw needs Tag Teams.

(The last paragraph was basically...what I've done in EWR)

Guest Coffey

I don't really want the Undertaker back on RAW. He was on RAW to begin with and then went to Smackdown. Hell, I think he was the champion when the champion was on both shows too.

Keep him on Smackdown.

I still think the best trade would be the Women's division on RAW for the Smackdown Cruiser division.

Well, maybe not...

Guest JaKyL25
Major trades right now?....nah, that's booking for the weak. Maybe in a few months.

Minor? Rikishi to Raw to form a team with Rosey. Dawn Marie to Raw to manage Lance Storm. Maybe Scotty to Raw when he gets back...if they sign Brian Lawler....Raw needs Tag Teams.

(The last paragraph was basically...what I've done in EWR)

Trades usually involve a kickback for the other side too. Any suggestions as to who SmackDown gets in return?

Guest Choken One

Hurricane...(for the Rikishi)

Mae Young and Moolah (for Dawn) AKA bischoff's revenge of sorts

Scott was never "drafted" so thus...he can just join raw on his own but only if they can get him a Brian Christopher to play with

Guest JRE
Trades usually involve a kickback for the other side too. Any suggestions as to who SmackDown gets in return?

Do you honestly think Raw needs to lose somebody?

Guest JaKyL25

Moolah & Mae are non-branded. Remember that time Moolah showed up on SmackDown and a PMSing Steph made her wrestle The Big Show?

Scotty WAS drafted by SmackDown. He wrestled one match afterwards to my knowledge--the blowoff to Albert's heel turn on him--and then went for surgery (two if Albert's heel turn was post-draft). But, as was the case with Bradshaw, apparantly anyone who went on the DL before the rosters were frozen last September can still switch brands freely.

Guest Chuck E Cheese

THIS IS

hi-ate

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Hmm...i'd trade:

Booker for Cena, just since Cena would totally freshen up RAW, & Booker isn't worth much anymore in the way of drawing but could go in feuds with Benoit, Eddie, etc.

HHH for Eddie, so HHH/Steph can reignite on TV & Eddie can go ME on RAW, & give Orton his own spotlight away from HHH.

Matt/Shannon for La Rez, because one rules & one doesn't.

Guest The Czech Republic
Hmm...i'd trade:

Booker for Cena, just since Cena would totally freshen up RAW, & Booker isn't worth much anymore in the way of drawing but could go in feuds with Benoit, Eddie, etc.

HHH for Eddie, so HHH/Steph can reignite on TV & Eddie can go ME on RAW, & give Orton his own spotlight away from HHH.

Matt/Shannon for La Rez, because one rules & one doesn't.

I'd say put the crap on Raw and the good guys on Smackdown.

Hey, here's an idear: what if Bischoff tried to trade himself with Steph?

Guest JaKyL25

This poses the SUPREME ethical question:

Are we attempting to even out the talent on both shows, or are we attempting to shift all the dead weight into one solid block of crap and have the best show ever otherwise?

Guest Choken One

Problem is...

Smackdown some how still has a pile of crap stinking about...

Guest The Czech Republic
This poses the SUPREME ethical question:

Are we attempting to even out the talent on both shows, or are we attempting to shift all the dead weight into one solid block of crap and have the best show ever otherwise?

Crap-best ever.

I do like the GM trade idea: instead of them trading the talent, the talent all rallies together and trades THEM.

Guest Choken One

What about this one

Lance Storm For Rikishi

Straight Up.

Gets you the good worker on Smackdown...

Gets you a Tag Team Face team for raw...

Guest Choken One

Except

Jericho-Cena-Rock-Austin-Eddy-Kurt-Matt-Sean O Haire

Lock them up inside the

WWE BIG BROTHER SHOW

Guest The Czech Republic

What if everyone went on strike except Evolution?

da-da-da-da-da!

It's the Ric Show, starring me, I'm Ric!

It's the Ric Show, and I've got lots of good guests da-da-da-da-da-da!

Guest JaKyL25

*Everyone goes on Strike*

CUT TO: a darkened WWE arena

STING drops from the rafters.

Sting: It's SHOWTIME, FO---dammit, I knew I should have signed sooner.

(Ah, yes, that good ol' 4 AM humor, folks.)

Guest The Czech Republic

Seriously, if everyone went on strike, what would they do about it? Fire everyone? And replace them all with whom? Steve Bradley? Kenny Bolin?

Guest Choken One
Seriously, if everyone went on strike, what would they do about it? Fire everyone? And replace them all with whom? Steve Bradley? Kenny Bolin?

I'm sure Vince has it worked in the contracts they can't ALL strike at once...

and Why would they?

Guest The Czech Republic

I'm sure Vince has it worked in the contracts they can't ALL strike at once...

and Why would they?

shits and giggles, just like everything being written at this god forsaken hour.

Guest JaKyL25

Seeing as how there's no union, can they legally do that? They could just be fired for no-showing.

Then Vince takes all the money he just saved and buys TNA.

Guest The Czech Republic

Seeing as how there's no union, can they legally do that? They could just be fired for no-showing.

Or they could do a Confidential segent with JR going "he took his ball and went home" for EIGHTY WRESTLERS.

Guest JaKyL25

Mean Gene: "...and there you have it folks. Thanks for tuning in to this very special edition.

And remember: if you see and hear it here...awww fuck you Vince. I'm out of this shit hole. Save a seat at the bar for me, Steve!"

Guest Deviant

I have both shows now, so they can trade guys like Booker and RVD to SD and I can appreciate why it is an incredibly good idea that salvages their potential for good, fresh matches. On the flipside, I can watch a piece of shit like Albert added to Raw and enjoy and even better SD.

So trade away. The trades added a great element of unpredictability to the shows. My only note is that the trades should be very rare, with one a month at the most, no matter how many people you want on the other show. THat was the major problem the first time, Raw lost the vast majority of its good talent within a couple of months, leaving it for dead before guys like Guerrero and Benoit had all the potentially great matches they could have had(RVD, Jericho, Booker).