TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sandman9000

IWA-MS KODM Night 2 Results

Guest Sandman9000

Figured I'd go ahead and make the topic.

Take this as you will for now, but someone on the IWA-MS board made a post congratulating Madman Pondo as the winner, but added nothing about the show.

It's not even 2 a.m. in Indiana yet, and knowing Ian's big shows, it's probably not even close to over yet. I'm not saying that Pondo's the winner, but take it as you will. I'm taking it as GODFUCKING DAMMIT NO SON OF A BITCH WHY GOD WHY IAN WHY?

Guest Sandman9000

Well, it's true.

IWA Mid-South Hardcore Wrestling presented night two of the 2003 King of the Death Matches tournament on Saturday night, August 2nd, at the IWA Arena in Clarksville, Indiana. Here are your results...

1. BRAD BRADLEY def. STRIKER with a lariat in the opening contest.

2. SONJAY DUTT & ADAM FLASH def. ALEX SHELLEY & JIMMY JACOBS and "Spyder" NATE WEBB & M-DOGG 20 (w/ BECKY BAYLESS) in a three way tag team match when Dutt hit the Phoenix Splash on M-Dogg 20.

3. BULL PAIN wrestled JIM FANNIN to a no-contest when BJ WHITMER & "Mean" MITCH PAGE attacked Bull.

4. MAD MAN PONDO def. AXL ROTTEN in a Light Tube Tables Match.

5. JC BAILEY def. THE NECRO BUTCHER in a Light Tube Coffin Match.

6. NICK GAGE def. "Mean" MITCH PAGE (w/ JIM FANNIN) in a Barbed Wire Canvas & Light Tube Ropes Match.

7. IAN ROTTEN def. BALLS MAHONEY in a Fans Bring The Weapons Match.

8. NIGEL McGUINNESS def. "Classic" COLT CABANA.

9. HOMICIDE def. BJ WHITMER following the Cop Killa.

10. MESSIAH def. CORPORAL ROBINSON to retain the CZW Heavyweight Title following a Michinoku Driver off the bleachers through chairs & light tubes.

11. DANNY DANIELS def. CHRIS HERO to win the IWA World Heavyweight Title in a Texas Death Match.

12. JC BAILEY def. IAN ROTTEN in a Fans Bring The Weapons Match.

13. MAD MAN PONDO def. NICK GAGE in a Caribbean Spiderweb & Bed of Nails Match.

14. MAD MAN PONDO def. JC BAILEY in a House of Horrors & Barbed Wire Ropes Steel Cage Match to become the 2003 King of the Death Matches. Bailey was at the top of the cage about to hit a maneuver when Pondo used a taser to electrify the cage, causing Bailey to fall into the ring and be pinned. During the match, Bailey used a weedwhacker on Pondo's back, and Pondo used it on Bailey's leg/lower extremities (while Bailey was seated, with several light tubes in front of his chest).

NOTES: The event was filmed by Smart Mark Video, with commentary by Dave Prazak, Steve Stone, "Spyder" Nate Webb, Balls Mahoney, and more... The Q&A session during the afternoon hours at the hotel totaled over 3 hours, and will be available as a separate SMV release.

Christ, FOUR Pondo matches! I don't know if I want to buy this now. At least it might only be 2 tapes, since ONLY 26 matches happened this weekend. Who knows.

And I thought Ian wouldn't let his wrestlers take the weedwhacker? Guess that's off.

Note: House of Horrors is IWA-MS' name for 200 Lighttubes and other weapons, so the stip was to be No Rope Barbed Wire 200 Lighttubes Steel Cage Deathmatch with weapons (such as the weedwhacker) inside of the cage. They might have just wrapped the ropes with barbed wire instead, who knows.

And that honestly sounds like a SHITTY final spot, with the taser. It might look good on video, who knows.

This was going to be an automatic buy for me, but four Pondo matches is really turning me off. It'll depend on how many tapes it is, 3 or 4, and how much SMV charges for it.

Pondo? That is a shock!

MESSIAH def. CORPORAL ROBINSON to retain the CZW Heavyweight Title following a Michinoku Driver off the bleachers through chairs & light tubes.

Any idea how high off the bleachers? That sounds pretty sick.

Oh yeah, what on Earth is a Carribean spider web match?

Guest ShooterJay

Cabana jobbed to NIGEL FUCKING MCGUINESS?

Wait, that's not what I'm supposed to be upset about now, isn't it?

Guest ConspiracyVictim

I dont see a reason to complain about Pondo winning. Im no Pondo fan at all. I dont think he is the greatest deathmatch wrestler in the company but all his DM I have seen this year have been entertaining and also, he has been with IWA a long time and helped pioneer the US deathmatch scene, no matter how bad of a wrestler he may be. Also, Bailey still has time since IWA will still be open next year. I think we all just need to realize that this was probably the best US DM tournament ever and just buy the tape. On top of that, I doubt that Bailey is angry he didnt get put over, so we shouldnt be either.

Guest Joe_G

I'm guessing they put Pondo over because this tournament is being broadcast on Samurai TV in Japan. Pondo's the only guy in the tournament who works overseas.

And what's wrong with Nigel? I've liked what I've seen from him so far.

Guest Nevermortal

Barbed Wire wrapped around the ropes.

What has that got to do with a Carribean spiders web?

Guest Nevermortal

What has that got to do with a Carribean spiders web?

The match is actually "Carribean Barbed Wire Spidernet". It was originated in Puerto Rico.

Guest Sandman9000

There is also the spider's net, which is a piece of wood with either glass or lighttubes on top of it, with stakes sticking out and barbed wire wrapped around those stakes, elevated above the glass below. That's probably what Ian used, he's used those before.

I know, shitty description, best I could do.