TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lil Naitch

Ultimo Dragon on Velocity...

Guest Lil Naitch

Now, I've been waiting weeks to see the guy and see what all of the hype was about. I've managed to forget to tape every Smackdown! he's been on (I work Thursday nights) and the one time I taped the show, he wasn't on! So I hear he'll be on Velocity last night, so I remember to watch. And then comes teh match. The entrance is cool, the start of the match is alright, besides the fact that Nunzio is controlling. No problem, I think. I'll get to see his offens when he takes over. And as SOON as he starts to take over, what happens? a FUCKING COMMERCIAL BREAK! In the middle of a match on a B SHOW! Because lord knows I wanted to see the ENTIRE Billy-Knoble-Ladies feud recap. So the first match I see w/ Dragon is all Nunzio working on the arm, and Dragon hitting his coolr revers Osaka Street Cutter.

Now, there is no excuse for this treatment. If Vince wants to cut Dragons push because his offens is to "Airy" or whatever, fine. But don't put him in a match and cut out his offense! I would feel bad for the guy for the way he's being used, but he's stated that the reason he went to the WWE was to work in Madissn Square Garden, which he's done, so at least he fulfilled a dream. But they either need to push the guy or let him go, because it's a waste what they are doing with him now. :cheers:

Its a conspiracy I tell ya. Vince is ruining a great wrestler through this treatment. He went so far to even take Ultimo out of the SummerSlam CW match even though Ultimo didn't do anything wrong!

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Dragon has still got one more dream to fulfill. Wrestlemania.

My prediction was true though weeks ago. Almost. I said he would be working ** clinics on Velocity with Crash Holly very soon after the debut. Except I guess he gets to do them with Nunzio instead.

Guest Angle-plex
Dragon has still got one more dream to fulfill. Wrestlemania.

Is there a garuntee on his contract that he'll wrestle on Wrestlemania? If not, he definetly should have gotten that in before he signed, because at this rate, he may not even make the pre-Wrestlemania Heat match.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

I'm sure at the very least they will throw him into some mini feud or some kind of one off kind of match. Would he really be able to have a clause put in his contract that means he is required to be included in mania?

But then again, it did take Rey Mysterio 10-11 months after his debut match to finally win some singles gold. Mysterio STILL hasn't won a match on a PPV yet.

Guest bob_barron

But Rey was established as a player- the FIRST night he debuted by jumping off the cage onto the UnAmericans.

He also had his PPV match against Kurt Angle.

Ultimo was on HEAT facing Kanyon

Ultimo was on HEAT facing Kanyon

Yeah, that was total bullshit. Everyone knows Gunn / Noble should have been on Heat instead.

Its a cryin shame wat they R doing to this great talent. Already he is wrestling on Velocity (and HeAT) after the WWE hyping the crap out of Ultimo Dragon going to the WWE.

Guest Choken One

Mysterio has been a Main eventer/ Popular Attraction for WWE since the second he debuted.

I never got the Hype Dragon got...Because Mysterio is right there and as far as I am concerned no one, save for MAYBE Liger can touch Mysterio.

Dragon never really impressed me for the most part.

And he pretty much said to Vince "Msg. Mania. I sign"

I don't know weather the actual contract said "Cruiserweight Title Match with One of the following 4- Mysterio, Spanky, Knoble or Tajiri" or it was just "WM Apperence" which could mean ANYTHING from CW Title Match to A spot in the Battle Royale.

I would be semi-content if he was a mainstay in the lower middle-card and occasionally did opening matches, but this is ridiculous for the hype they gave his debut. Rey Mysterio started out the same way and didn't get completely thrown to the side... and I don't see how his offense is realistic/"hard" either.

They didn't really give him that much hype though. Sure they ran a few video promos and did the old "Ultimo Dragon debuts next week", but it was no where near the hype they gave Rey.

His debut was anti-climatic as well. When Rey made his debut, they gave him backstage segments and hyped him all night before letting him come down to the ring, Ultimo just came out without any warning at all.

I'm not supprised they've done this. They did it with Spanky and Paul London will be next. The thing is, what do you do as an Indy wrestler, sure Ultimo had a choice, but you can't really say no to Vince if he offers you a contract. These guys dream of making it big, and so there is no way they can turn that sort of deal down.

I can put up with watching raw and SD when they are shit, but it just pisses me off beyond all belief to be force fed the Big Show when I've seen, from the Indys, the ****+ matches that London, Ultimo and Spanky are capable of.

Guest Choken One
I would be semi-content if he was a mainstay in the lower middle-card and occasionally did opening matches, but this is ridiculous for the hype they gave his debut. Rey Mysterio started out the same way and didn't get completely thrown to the side... and I don't see how his offense is realistic/"hard" either.

They didn't really give him that much hype though. Sure they ran a few video promos and did the old "Ultimo Dragon debuts next week", but it was no where near the hype they gave Rey.

His debut was anti-climatic as well. When Rey made his debut, they gave him backstage segments and hyped him all night before letting him come down to the ring, Ultimo just came out without any warning at all.

I'm not supprised they've done this. They did it with Spanky and Paul London will be next. The thing is, what do you do as an Indy wrestler, sure Ultimo had a choice, but you can't really say no to Vince if he offers you a contract. These guys dream of making it big, and so there is no way they can turn that sort of deal down.

I can put up with watching raw and SD when they are shit, but it just pisses me off beyond all belief to be force fed the Big Show when I've seen, from the Indys, the ****+ matches that London, Ultimo and Spanky are capable of.

How did they do that with Spanky?

They did the whole "Wrestle for your spot" angle and gave him a cute mid-card gimmick.

How did they do that with Spanky?

They did the whole "Wrestle for your spot" angle and gave him a cute mid-card gimmick.

Im talking about him being a wasted talent. How much of chance was he given? Practically nothing.

Whereas Zack Gowen, who has half his talent, gets a big time feud with Vince, Hogan and Stephanie.

For how long? You can hardly call him a regular mid carder.

You can't blame Ultimo at all. He gets a great reaction from the crowd when he comes out. Sure, he doesn't have mic skills (Has he even cut a promo before in WCW?), but I don't he needs them unless you want him to be like Tajiri. The guy's been gone since 1998 after his career almost ended from a botched arm surgery. I'm just sad WWE doesn't know what to do with him because even though his arm only works at 50%, he can still give put on great matches and could possibly pull some MOTNs if he was given more ring time along with another great contender on a PPV, on SD. But if you stick him on Velocity or dark matches, how are people suppose to care if they can't see the guy? :angry:

What are you talking about with Tajiri? Have you seen this guy in ECW? When he wrestled with Super Crazy, Steve Corino, and Little Guido. Those were some good matches!

I was refering to Ultimo Dragon being like Tajiri when it comes to cutting promos (talking in Japanese) since Ultimo doesn't do them and could wind up doing them that way.

Tajiri was rather serious in ECW though, hell I remember when he used to be clean shaven. :P

Guest Trivia247

The problems that occur with this is that Booking and Working a Japanese Superstar is a completely alien concept to the WWE management especially Vince..

Of course his Father had more respect

Mr. Fuji & Mr. Saito won the WWF Tag team championships

Inoki actually won the World championship

Vince Jr. tried his hand kept on Fuji, only to put him in some China man outfit like he was the enemy of the Green Hornet. Then there was Orient Express, Sato & Tanaka, two of whom spent most of their lives in the US than Japan.

The strongest Japanese wrestler was Yokozuna, whom himself wasn't totally Japanese but Samoan.

few others did make a impression, but usually during a tour from a promotion

Tenryu and its now failed SWS brought with him Koji Kitao and later Great Kabuki

and Great Sasuke made a surprise visit to the WWF bringing with him Taka and later Kaientai... but of course this was during the Michinoku Pro's tour the WWF did there.

the rest, Tajiri, the remaining Sho Funaki, Hakushi (Jinsei) was and is treated shabbly basically because Vince doesn't have one fucking clue how to deal with them.

Now Ultimo is here and all OUR knee jerk reactions is to see a Ultimo vs Rey Rey series... But however Vince doesn't see the marketability

in Ultimo, well GEE Vince after you GUT his moveset leaving him nothing but his Kicks and his Namesake Moonsault, how the hell is he suppose to impress you?

point is, after time if Ultimo lasts Vince will see the Money sooner or later.. they need to stop throwing Ultimo against people like Kanyon though, whom himself should be also on Smackdown.

and Please Let Ultimo's opponents get some shots in, that Noble match was pitiful

Holy shit, the Great Sasuke once came to WWE? When was this?

Hakushi was awesome. Wasn't Kwang (sp?) Japanese though?

I wish Funaki got a push.

*would mark out for a Kaeintai reunion or a new Kaeintai group / Japanese stable

they need to stop throwing Ultimo against people like Kanyon though, whom himself should be also on Smackdown.

I have to admit that even though they didn't have much time, I enjoyed the match (Kanyon didn't even get his damn entrance on TV though!) and it was far superior than what Jamie Noble was able to get out of Billy Gunn.

Guest Askewniverse
Holy shit, the Great Sasuke once came to WWE?  When was this?

In July 1997. He had two matches against Taka Michinoku, one at IYH: Canadian Stampede, and one the following night on Raw. Sasuke won both of those matches.

Wasn't Kwang (sp?) Japanese though?

No. Kwang was Savio Vega under a mask.

No. Kwang was Savio Vega under a mask.

O_O

All this time and I had no idea...

UD sucks, he blows as many spots as RED, and isn't nearly as impressive as the hype, whereas Mysterio lived up to it. The guy really isn't very good in WWE, and I don't see why I am the only one to realize he doesn't belong on SD!, PPVs, or anything worthy.

Would Mysterio v UD be good? Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that UD ain't that good no more.

Guest Korgath

All I'm wondering is why a Japanese veteran is working B shows so soon after his debut.

WWE needs to realise that lucha libre =/= puroresu.

Guest Dynamite Kido

The fact is the WWE is not only dropping the ball with Ultimo, but they have made themselves look like jackasses. They didn't realize that his style was "airy or light" before he was signed? NEWSFLASH TO WWE::::: ULTIMO DRAGON IS A JUNIOR - LIGHTWEIGHT - CRUSERWEIGHT!!!!!!