TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest godofdeadlydeath

The Power Trip vs. Benoit/Jericho match....

Guest godofdeadlydeath

Wow. I had forgotten how awesome that match was, it was really exciting and exhausting to watch, especially for a RAW match. I was under the impression that the walls gave HHH the quad tear at first, but it seems it was when he dove at Jericho to knock him out of the ring? Is that right? Anyways, that match was really great, and Jericho seemed to be on the top of his game at that point, popularity and in ring wise, as a face. Damn good match.

Guest Choken One

It was when he planted his foot to break up up the walls...

Match was ****. It's over rated because of the Legancy the QUAD TEAR would bring thus giving it this twinge of Immortality to it.

Guest JHawk

A very good match. And you're right, HHH tore the quad in the ring hitting Jericho from behind and sending both of them out of the ring. That was probably the best free TV match that year.

Guest bob_barron

The Quad Tag Match is one of the best matches I've seen period.

Right up there for MOTY of 2001

Guest eiker_ir

yeah the injury was when he went to stop the walls and you kind of can see is knee landing wrong on the mat.

great match too, best tv match that year

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

I still watch that match occasionally and I am truly in awe that HHH actually finished that match. HHH should always be respected for being able to still finish that match and take the Walls.

Guest Fallen Angel

The one thing no sane person can deny is that HHH loves this business. He may be hurting it, he may be less than what he loves, but the man seems to genuinely love what he does.

Guest godofdeadlydeath
I still watch that match occasionally and I am truly in awe that HHH actually finished that match. HHH should always be respected for being able to still finish that match and take the Walls.

I don't think the bending of the leg in the walls really hurts all that much in a tear like that, but rather standing up and walking on it, now THAT was quite impressive. He does deserve respect for finishing, but it just inflated his ego even more when he eventually came back, and ruined Jericho's career. Why is this thread "unique" by the way? Is it that obvious that I'm new around here? Oh well, I hope it's "unique" in a good way.

I don't think HHH has ever put Jericho over. In a meaning way anyway. Damn him.

Guest Askewniverse

You're half right, Rico. Jericho has beaten HHH, but it wasn't very memorable.

Guest Choken One

Jericho went over a few times in Tag Matches and maybe an meaningless Singles match once (Excluding the Phantom reign)...

Guest Askewniverse
When was this?

Smackdown, 4/25/02. Taker distracted HHH, and Jericho rolled him up for the pin. It was a relatively clean win, but like I said, not very memorable.

Guest wildpegasus

What tag matches did Jericho go over against HHH? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Jericho has ever beaten HHH completely clean.

Guest bob_barron
What tag matches did Jericho go over against HHH? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Jericho has ever beaten HHH completely clean.

As someone posted- April 25th, 2002- Jericho beat him cleanly

Guest ShamRock

Hardcore Holly should be too, but you don't see people talking about him.

Guest Boo_Bradley

I hope HHH recovers from the quad tear soon, because he'll be pivotal to the success of the upcoming WCW Invasion...

And just where are these Angle/Shane segments leading?

Guest JaKyL25

I prefer Austin vs. Benoit 2 from SmackDown later that month as the best free match of '01, but to each his own.

I honestly don't think that the match is as beloved as it is because of the quad tear. I remember everyone at the time marking out like a bitch (myself included) that Benoit and Jericho actually got to go over HHH and Austin, and this was BEFORE we learned the extent of Trip's injury. It honestly seemed like a changing of the guard. It looked like Benoit and Jericho were now fully fledged main eventers, for just an evening, and I think memories of that are why people cream over this match so much.

Guest Choken One

I'm really excited about the InVasion...

It's the ultimate cream job...

It isn't possible for them to screw this up...

This will be something we'll be talking about for YEARS to come...

Guest Choken One
I prefer Austin vs. Benoit 2 from SmackDown later that month as the best free match of '01, but to each his own.

I honestly don't think that the match is as beloved as it is because of the quad tear. I remember everyone at the time marking out like a bitch (myself included) that Benoit and Jericho actually got to go over HHH and Austin, and this was BEFORE we learned the extent of Trip's injury. It honestly seemed like a changing of the guard. It looked like Benoit and Jericho were now fully fledged main eventers, for just an evening, and I think memories of that are why people cream over this match so much.

Hell you can make an Arguement the QUAD TEAR RAW wasn't even the match of the week.

Guest Askewniverse

This isn't going to turn into a rehash of the McMahon-ladder legdrop thread is it?

Edited by Askewniverse

Guest JaKyL25

I honestly don't think that the match is as beloved as it is because of the quad tear.  I remember everyone at the time marking out like a bitch (myself included) that Benoit and Jericho actually got to go over HHH and Austin, and this was BEFORE we learned the extent of Trip's injury.  It honestly seemed like a changing of the guard.  It looked like Benoit and Jericho were now fully fledged main eventers, for just an evening, and I think memories of that are why people cream over this match so much.

Hell you can make an Arguement the QUAD TEAR RAW wasn't even the match of the week.

Very true, but I still would.

Classic Tag Match > Any TLC, in my opinion.

Guest Choken One

I honestly don't think that the match is as beloved as it is because of the quad tear.  I remember everyone at the time marking out like a bitch (myself included) that Benoit and Jericho actually got to go over HHH and Austin, and this was BEFORE we learned the extent of Trip's injury.  It honestly seemed like a changing of the guard.  It looked like Benoit and Jericho were now fully fledged main eventers, for just an evening, and I think memories of that are why people cream over this match so much.

Very true, but I still would.

Classic Tag Match > Any TLC, in my opinion.

Oh and I am just about inclined to agree...

Although The TLC III match was just about as good as a match you can get on free tv.

Guest Boo_Bradley

The McMahon/Austin Ladder match was in 99, stop living in the past

OMG! Lance Storm's run in on RAW was such a shocker!!!!