TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Ok Shane-O-Mac lovers....

Yeah, and in the line of thinking that Shane getting suplexed through the glass by Angle was only remembered as Shane went through the glass, I guess RVD flung himself through the wall backstage at Raw several weeks back. I can't quite remember if it was some deranged monster that is supposed to give no one offense or not. WHO was that guy? I think it rhymed with KANE.

:huh:

Saying these did nothing for Blackman or Angle is pretty unwarranted. Blackman became a better hardcore champion because of it, because it got him good exposure, just like a great match that comes out of nowhere will do for the participants.

Really? I seem to remember Steve getting made into Austin's bitch at the next ppv, then disappearing from tv all together. Granted, that was due to injury, but I don't remember anyone saying Steve was tougher after he knocked Shane off the tron. It's not like the announcers mentioned that Steve was any better, and Blackman just continued to do the same old stuff and never really got anywhere from knocking Shane off.

Angle and Shane had a great brawl, bottom line. You can tell me that you didn't enjoy it, or it was a bump/spot fest, but from most opinions I've heard of the match, people really liked it. And the simple fact is that you can't remember a great match and only remember or care about one guy, even if one guy totally carried the other. You're REALLY telling me that people say: "Shane got thrown through glass! How cool! Well, I don't remember who did the suplexing, but who cares?" People know it was Angle and it made him look like a total badass.

I'm not saying someone couldn't tell you if you asked them, but that spot totally put the spotlight on Shane and didn't do much for Angle. Shane's not a big guy and doesn't look too hard to throw around compared to most wrestlers. Most people who have feuded with Shane have tossed him around like it was nothing at one point in their feud, so I don't think it did much for Angle, but that is just my opinion. I don't think Angle became a badass until he feuded with Austin.

Plus it just looks bad when a wrestler is punked out by Shane McMahon. I mean come on....the kid is just this skinny little rich punk that has always been made out to be a spoiled pussy when he's a heel.

Yeah...he's not that big. I know size doesn't matter but in Shane's case not only is he small but we've been led to believe that he's a huge ass pussy that thinks he's tough when he's a heel. Now he's got a sudden burst of strength when he turns face!? I don't think so....it doesn't work that way.

I still think it's funny that the only person ever to make Shane look like a complete fool is the Hurricane. Shane goes to punch him and he easily blocks it and shakes his head. Shane never really got a chance to punk Hurricane out....meanwhile he's punked out everyone else he's faced.

Guest ManKinnd

Well you could say that any big bumper puts the spotlight on himself. Jeff doing swantons off ladders made him famous, Foley flying off the cell did likewise for him, same with basically HBK's whole career. It's hard to tell, though, when the opponent of the bumper is being put over, or if it's the bumper himself. Too many other things determine crowd reaction and pushes. So it really comes down to if we, the IWC, think the opponent benefitted from someone bumping big for them.

Is that fair?

Guest ManKinnd

On another point, I believe that very rarely does one person get put over big when someone bumps huge for them. What happens when someone takes a big bump is the match type gets put over. Think of it this way:

HBK splashed Razor Ramon off a ladder. Does anyone care any more about Razor? No, but it made people look more forward to ladder matches.

Hell, TLC was basically made for Jeff to shine with stuff like swantons off ladders. Did anyone care about Bubba Ray for taking them? Of course not, but the TLC match was put over big.

Foley going off the cell put the HIAC over, etc etc.

So, to me, Shane getting hit off the titan tron put over hardcore style matches, and getting suplexed through glass put over street fights. There ARE more things, however few they are, that can be put over instead of wrestlers. Just sometimes a wrestler and a type of match can be put over at the same time, like Foley and the cell.

Well you could say that any big bumper puts the spotlight on himself. Jeff doing swantons off ladders made him famous, Foley flying off the cell did likewise for him, same with basically HBK's whole career. It's hard to tell, though, when the opponent of the bumper is being put over, or if it's the bumper himself. Too many other things determine crowd reaction and pushes. So it really comes down to if we, the IWC, think the opponent benefitted from someone bumping big for them.

Is that fair?

Yes.

It's all a matter of opinion, which obviously varies person to person. I don't think Blackman or Angle benefitted from Shane's bumps the same way that Rocky or HHH benefitted (is that even a word?) from Mick Foley's bumping, largely because Mick's bumps involved both people. Hunter and Mick brutalized each other at the Rumble which made both men look tougher in the end, and HHH look really good because he came out on top.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.