TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karnage

Incite Gaming

Guest Karnage

Does anyone remember reading Incite Gaming? It was actually a decent game magazine and always had those tie-ins with WWF which was cool also. I remember only six issues coming out before the magazine dissapeared.

Guest Brush with Greatness

Yeah, I thought Incite was a great magazine. In fact, I'd call it the best gaming magazine.

It's funny, it had a similar fate to Gear, another magazine that was the best of its breed (yes, better than Maxim, FHM, etc).

Guest William E

Yeah, I remember Incite. I remember buying the issue that had the Rock on it. It was a pretty good gaming mag. I lked the way they rated games by comparing it to other games of the same genre.

Guest Eagan469

Incite Gaming was great. It was probably the most down to earth gaming mag ever. Cheap as hell too (like 2.99 an issue).

Guest starvenger

Good magazine, but I guess the large glut of gaming mags killed their sales.

Too trendy in my veiw. It's strange for a video game magazine to feature celebrities on the cover instead of actual game characters, but it was an interesting way of doing things.

I bought it when it was like $2 Canadian when it started, but didn't like it enough to justify buying it when it became a full price mag. It seems I wasn't the only one.

I was pissed when it got cancelled. I got a subscription after the first magazine came out.

The first mag was the best of the whole run.

I also bought the PC Mag with the disc, but I didn't like the PC version as much because Im not really that big of a PC gamer.

And although the lifesize Lara Croft Poster rules, It still lies on top of the pile of (Actually there were 9 issues of incite before it quit) magazines unceremoniously folded up.

After Incite folded up I stopped getting mags alltogether because of the internet and the fact that my favorite mags always got cancelled shortly after I put a subscirption in (See Game Players/Ultra Game Players, which in my opinion, was and probably still is the greatest video game magazine ever. They did a Swimsuit Issue as the finale which was stupid and changed over to some crap called Game Buyer which was cool at first but suffered the same fate as Incite: A short run and then caput.

Memories of Bill Donohue, Frank and Roger..

Game Players/Ultra Game Players, which in my opinion, was and probably still is the greatest video game magazine ever.

Damn right.

/huge Roger Burchill/Mike Salmon/Bill Donohue/Patrick Baggata fan

//thank you Google

///uhhh....hail Gazuga?

Edited by DerangedHermit