TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Latest Storm Commentary

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
This past week has been a lot of fun for me. I’m typing this Sunday night so I can’t comment on any events from TV in Vancouver, but thus far things have been fantastic. I was not booked on the RAW tour of Australia this week so I was home. I’ve been to Australia twice before so I wasn’t all that up set about missing out on the 30-some hour flight, round trip. More over not going to Australia meant more time at home. Time at home is never a bad thing and this past week it was a great thing.

Smack Down was doing house shows in Calgary and Edmonton this weekend and my good buddy Edge was in town doing PR. I haven’t seen Edge since before his surgery (5 months at least) so it was great to see him again. He came over to my house Thursday and I treated him to a nice home cooked meal. When I say I treated him I mean I invited him, truthfully it was my wife’s cooking that made it a treat. If I were to attempt preparing a meal I would venture to guess our close friends could come to an abrupt end. In addition to a great meal we had the chance to just relax and get caught up. For those of you who are curious how he’s doing after the surgery, he looks great. He looks so good that it’s hard to believe he was ever hurt, which oddly enough I did. There is a great story about a cross face here but I will leave that to him. Be sure to check out his next Edgucation commentary as he told me he is going to tell this story there. After dinner we went out to a local pub (site of the cross face incident) and played a few games of dart with my brother and had a great time.

Saturday was the SD house show in Calgary and with me not booked in Australia I was added to the card. Unfortunately I was added too last minute to be advertised (for what ever drawing power I may have in Calgary) but at least I was a surprise bonus for those who did buy tickets. The surprise bonus turned out to be a, first time ever, match. I wrestled Eddie Guerrero for the US Title in the second match on the card. I’ve always wanted to work with Eddie so this was a huge thrill for me. I’ve now wrestled four out of five of the immediate Guerrero family. I’ve worked with Chavo sr. Mando, Eddie and Chavo jr. all I need now is a match with Hector.

In addition to finally getting to work with Eddie we were given an additional challenge. We didn’t know we were working each other till 5 minutes before we had to be in the ring. I kid you not. There were a few travel problems and last minute changes. I was originally going to do a Brother Love interview segment and didn’t even have my gear on. As the show started and the first match was being introduced I was told I was on second with Eddie. Wow what a panic I was in. I had about 5-minutes to get my gear on, prepare for a match, and hit the ring. Thankfully I was in the ring with one of the best in the business, because I was in more of a panic over getting dressed in time than over having a good match.

Eddie and I went to the ring to work each other for the very first time and just did it out there. In the end I was quite happy with the match, (working that way brings out a whole different kind of match) but at the same time disappointed we didn’t have more time to prepare. I love matches where I have to step up to my opponent and I think Eddie and I could have really tore the house down if we had more prep-time. I hope everyone in attendance enjoyed the night as much as I did. The great Calgary response was awesome and seeing the SmackDown roster again was great.

Sunday I was off to Vancouver for some PR and to do a Charity event at Hastings Race Track. We did a charity event/race with The Variety Club, which raised a lot of money. They ran a special WWE race where they assigned each horse the name of a WWE Superstar and all proceeds went the Variety Club. Tommy Dreamer, Ivory, and I were in attendance for the race and my horse came in second to Ivories horse. Ivory even placed a $20 bet on herself and won $97. In addition to the race we did an autograph session and a charity fund raising lunch, which I think raised an additional $20,000 for the Variety Club.

It was a beautiful day at the track, sunny, warm and everyone treated us like gold. If that wasn’t good enough we got to meet a lot of great fans and raise money for a worthy cause. Not a bad week in my books!

Till next week,

Lance Storm

stormwrestling.com

Guest Suicide King

I've said it before, but it is clear that Lance Storm is one of the coolest men on the planet. I would have loved to see Lance and Eddie throw down.

Guest Dillon Likes Bossman

But he is sooooooooooooo BORING!.....

Sorry, Sorry.

Guest eiker_ir

he's pretty cool and his commentary and Edge's are the best, i like how the last to have complemented each other.

and Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye, i LOVE your sig

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I am convinced that there is a conspiracy to keep Benoit and Storm away from each other.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Steve Corino, for my money, has the best commentaries. I find myself cheering along some of his stories. But Storm, for pure dedication alone, is da man.

Guest TheArchiteck

Thanks for bringing this up.....I haven't visited his site in ages. I enjoy reading some of his fan msgs.

Guest MideonMark

RRR, I've always liked Corino, and I'm guessing his commentaries are on his personal website(obviously), so whats the address of the website?

Guest acnx

Great read. I love to read Lance and Edge's commentaries.

I would have loved to see Eddie and Storm go at it though...that would be an incredible match.