TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vyce

Official Arnold Schwarzenegger for CA Gov. Thread!

Guest MikeSC
He's been lambasted on pretty much every medium, actually.

He's had a few good stories about him as of late, but all have been qualified and have caveats abound. Your not seeing them doesn't change that fact, it just shows that you're ignorant.

Watch CNN for a few minutes and you can almost see the announcers spit every few minutes.

-=Mike -- CNN: Fair and balanced, eh?

Guest MikeSC
Not even close to the amount that Fox News praises Bush, though.

CNN is the most moderate and unbiased source in the history of television if you compare it to Fox.

Just because they're slanted towards YOUR guy doesn't make them impartial.

-=Mike --- yes, a LOT of poli sci majors think like this. Sad, huh?

Guest MikeSC
If you'd actually watch it instead of picking out little tidbits that suit you, you'd notice that you're utterly wrong. However, your blind idealism betrays your intentions.

I have to watch CNN non-stop at my job, so I get 8-10 hrs of it a day.

Perhaps if you didn't get your ideas from the assorted idiots in your class, you might have ground to stand on.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Actually, I'm the only liberal in many of my classes. However, I don't know why I should feel the need to explain myself to you, so whatever.

Again, you pick out miniscule stories to prove your point and ignore the rest of the evidence. Whatever.

Now I know you're lying --- or you're so left-wing that you beat out friggin' poli-sci majors (who are, traditionally, the most liberal people on a campus outside of women's and African-American studies). Let's TRY and stay in the same zip code as reality. I was a poli sci major at U. of S. Carolina --- HARDLY a liberal institution --- and I was THE conservative in my classes. Not ONE of them --- THE ONE. So, you're going to try and convince me that you go to a MORE conservative school than U.S.C and have found the single conservative poli sci dept out there?

Let me guess, your professors aren't liberal either, are they?

Miniscule stories? 8-10 hours STRAIGHT of it is "miniscule"? Interesting definition of "miniscule" you have there.

I give 2 months before we see Larry King performing fellatio on Dean on live TV at this rate.

-=Mike

1. I go to a small campus in which the polysci wing isn't exactly the focus of education. Believe it. Of course my professor is probably liberal, but the ones I've had usually just cover the book.

2. Exaggerate much? Yeah, I'm sure Dean gets as much play on CNN as the Kobe trial or J-Lo's latest story.

Guest MikeSC
1. I go to a small campus in which the polysci wing isn't exactly the focus of education. Believe it.

2. Exaggerate much? Yeah, I'm sure Dean gets as much play on CNN as the Kobe trial or J-Lo's latest story.

1) What is this tiny bastion of conservatism called? Speaking as somebody who KNOWS the poli sci mindset, your story sounds REALLY unlikely.

2) Dean is on A LOT. When they're doing "serious" news, it's ALL Dean and how "hot" he is in the race right now. Hour after hour of it.

Does Kobe get a lot of play? Yup.

Does J-Lo? No --- outside of the occasional story about how badly "Gigli" flopped --- but they have not discussed her, sorry to tell you.

But Dean gets worlds of press on CNN and it is ALL favorable.

-=Mike

Also, I find it rather fun to completely dissect bullshit tossed at him.

And yet when someone on this board does that in regards to the president, they are, at best, labeled by you as "ignorant Bush-lovers".

Huh.

Dean is as strong a candidate as Steve Forbes was.

-=Mike --- Dean: Forbes without the money or charisma

There's a debate on now on C-SPAN if you care. Watch it if you'll want and you'll see Dean and Kerry are the strongest speakers aside from Kucinich who isn't going to win even the caucus by a long shot.

But being uninformed is B-) because then you never have to admit to being wrong.

Guest JMA
Watch CNN for a few minutes and you can almost see the announcers spit every few minutes.

-=Mike -- CNN: Fair and balanced, eh?

I believe it's Fox that claims (untruely, IMO) to be "fair and balanced." CNN has the whole "Most Trusted Name in News" thing going on. I would say that CNN is FAR more moderate than Fox News. While CNN used to lean left (IIRC during the Reagan and early Bush years) it has since become a very moderate news channel. Eh, I get my news online anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me.

Guest MikeSC
Just because they're slanted towards YOUR guy doesn't make them impartial.

-=Mike --- yes, a LOT of poli sci majors think like this. Sad, huh?

CNN seems hardly slanted left if you look at international news shows these days.

That's like saying Pol Pot isn't too bad compared to Stalin.

The int'l press is very left-wing (as is most of the world) and virulently anti-U.S.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Dean is as strong a candidate as Steve Forbes was.

-=Mike --- Dean: Forbes without the money or charisma

There's a debate on now on C-SPAN if you care. Watch it if you'll want and you'll see Dean and Kerry are the strongest speakers aside from Kucinich who isn't going to win even the caucus by a long shot.

But being uninformed is B-) because then you never have to admit to being wrong.

Dean has yet to impress me --- but of course, it's easy to claim that a non-supporter is just ignorant.

Which is why the Dems are having a hard time --- they tend to be annoying.

-=Mike

I don't see how Dems are having a hard time. Bush is the one that has his approval ratings drop every week. That can only be good for democrats.

I believe it's Fox that claims (untruely, IMO) to be "fair and balanced."

They not only claim it, they've trademarked it.

Drudge is saying that FNC is suing Al Franken over his new book title, which includes "A Fair And Balanced Look At The Right." This is the book that set off the O'Reilly grudge match at the book convention, before anyone asks.

Guest MikeSC
I don't see how Dems are having a hard time. Bush is the one that has his approval ratings drop every week. That can only be good for democrats.

Because --- and this is the most basic truth in politics, NOTHING kills a President's "bad" numbers like actually NAMING an opponent.

-=Mike

And it sure helped in 1992, when the last republican president we've elected was tossed out of office.

I know you guys are just blowing air up each other's skirts at this point, but Tyler, I'm a registered democrat, and you need to cut that shit out. The election was almost two years ago. You're making us look dumb, and the guy with the Prince avatar certainly doesn't need your help on that.

Come on now. I come to a Bush for California governor thread on its 4th page expecting crappy jokes about how he's going to Eraser Gray Davis' True Lies, and you are just not bringing the movie puns. You have no right to even speak until you do something with Kindergarten Cop.

And it sure helped in 1992, when the last republican president we've elected was tossed out of office.

We should just impeach Bush.

No, really, I'm serious here.

Because hell, we impeached the last one, and NOTHING CHANGED. He was eating steaks and smoking cigars that afternoon.

So I say we impeach every president from here on out, just to throw them a curveball.

Watch out California: the trash-talking, head-bashing Reebok pitch man known as "Terry Tate, Office Linebacker" is getting into the governor's race.

Tate made his name in a popular series of television commercials that debuted during the Super Bowl and depicted the hyper-muscular character's efforts to improve productivity at the fictitious company Felcher & Sons.

He does the job by conducting a supercharged, egomaniacal rampage through the company's offices, blind-siding employees who linger too long on break or fail to fill up the coffee-maker and taunting them as if they were sacked quarterbacks.

Now, Tate apparently wants to apply those management techniques to the state of California.

Lester Speight, the actor who plays Tate, filed to appear as an independent on the ballot in the Oct. 7 recall election under the name "Lester Terry Tate Speight," one of about 250 people who have declared an interest in succeeding Gov. Gray Davis.

Uh..huh.

"When its game time, its pain time!"

Guest JMA
The int'l press is very left-wing (as is most of the world) and virulently anti-U.S.

-=Mike

I'm curious (and I mean that, I'm not trying to be smarmy), what exactly do YOU personally consider "Left-wing"? I know what I consider to be left-wing, but I don't know what you yourself consider it to be. Here is a definition of liberalism (from dictionary.com).

The state or quality of being liberal.

A political theory founded on the natural goodness of humans and the autonomy of the individual and favoring civil and political liberties, government by law with the consent of the governed, and protection from arbitrary authority.

often Liberalism The tenets or policies of a Liberal party.

An economic theory in favor of laissez-faire, the free market, and the gold standard.

Liberalism

A 19th-century Protestant movement that favored free intellectual inquiry, stressed the ethical and humanitarian content of Christianity, and de-emphasized dogmatic theology.

A 19th-century Roman Catholic movement that favored political democracy and ecclesiastical reform but was theologically orthodox.

n 1: a political orientation that favors progress and reform 2: an economic theory advocating free competition and a self-regulating market and the gold standard