TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

Coolest Songs EVER~!

By cool, i don't necessarily mean "good". Heck, i consider Jungle Boogie cool sounding, but its a shitty song. Im talking about songs that would make you mark out if they were put into a movie, because their so damned cool. Tarantino cool even. Songs with kick ass bass lines and jazzy drums. Eh? Any takers?

-Cheex

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Cowboys From Hell - Pantera.

Seasons In The Abyss - Slayer.

Can't really think of any others right now

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Bling Bling - B.G./Hot Boys

I dig those laser sound effects.

Guest HHH's 'Roid Needle

Anything off of the Meat Puppets "Up On The Sun" album.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The Residents-"Bach is Dead"

This song makes me smile every time I listen to it.

How Long by Ace

Twilight Zone by Golden Earring

Hair of the Dog by Nazareth

Vehicle by the Ides of March

Listen to me Lisa by Blood Sweat and Tears

Most Vanilla Fudge covers

No Sunshine When She's Gone and Use Me Up by Bill Withers

A good deal of Wilson Pickett.

I have to agree on Quiet Storm having the [Tony Schiavonie] GREATEST BEATS IN THE WORLD [/Tony Schiavonie] The Lil Kim remix is just as good.

Alot of Lil Kim songs are great.

The Knight Rider song by Busta Rhymes Fire and the one by Timbaland & Magoo When the Clock Strikes are equally oozing with goodness.

Guest BAR

'Back In Black' AC/DC

'Iron Man' Black Sabbath

'Snowblind' Black Sabbath

'Perfect Strangers' Deep Purple

'Hallowed Be Thy Name' Iron Maiden

'The Battle Of Evermore' Led Zeppelin

'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' Metallica

'Pigs' Pink Floyd

I agree with Back in Black. A cool thing about that song is you can mix it against literally anything. Take any vocal track, put it against the Back in Black instrumental, and it will sound good every time.

I agree with Back in Black. A cool thing about that song is you can mix it against literally anything. Take any vocal track, put it against the Back in Black instrumental, and it will sound good every time.

Have you heard the Eminem or the Dj Magic Mike mix of Back in Black

Have you heard the Eminem or the Dj Magic Mike mix of Back in Black

I have, both great tracks. There's also a good one by Soulwax of the Beastie Boys' Intergalactic, it's over several instrumentals, and the Back in Black section is top notch.

While I'm thinking about it, you can mix a hell of a lot of stuff over INXS' Need You Tonight, I'll throw that in there for coolest sounding too.

Shadows Fall. No one particular song, because I think any of 'em would work perfectly for a flick.

I also think that "The Unforgiven" (Metallica) would make a really good opening/closing tune for an action movie that has a sad ending.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Just about anything by Fantomas. "Book one: Page 6" "Book 1: Page 8"..basically, "Book 1" and page 1-32. Fuck that's a weird album, it's cool as all hell though.

Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart - STP

The chords used in that song make it sound unreal... it would have been easy to stick with power chord throughout the entire song, but during the chorus, it just goes off into another universe, then add the bass line and like, whoa.

The DeLeo Bros. are sick.

Anything from 'Ride The Lightning' and 'Master Of Puppets' would be cool to hear anywhere.

Any version of 'Whiskey In The Jar' would pretty much have me smiling like the proverbial Cheshire Cat.

'Kelly Watch The Stars' by Air has a really neat atmospheric feel to it while being really catchy.

Its a cliche in all discussion of the band but a lot of Calexico songs really do have a classic spaghetti western sound that just sounds great, songs like 'the Ballad Of Cable Hogue' just sound a bit different.

'Grumpus' by Lambchop, I love the way the strings sound together with the vocals in a widescreen but low key kind of way.

Stuff like 'Bulletproof' and 'Congregation' by The Afghan Whigs are effortlessly cool sounding, funky and rocks at the same time.

Good shout for Monster Magnet earlier BTW, everything off 'Spine Of God' is great sounding in a fuzzed up, drugged up, heavy, funny and catchy all at once way.