TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob E Dangerously

Gary Coleman running for Gov. of California

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/recall/index.html

and from his plan ( http://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/2003-...ml/1/index.html )

If there's one class of people Gary Coleman despises, it's career politicians who play games with our tax dollars, while the little guy gets diddly-squat. If elected, he promises to give those Sacramento fat cats what for. "I'd kick in the ass every member of the House that had more than two secretaries," he snarls. "Because that's a waste of public funds. I believe that public service means just that: service. And I'd kick the ass of everyone who had their little pet projects and issues that had nothing to do with keeping California solvent and attracting corporations here." When this newspaper told him that during the recent budget deadlock, members of the state legislature were seen smoking cigars and drinking what appeared to be expensive Scotch on the capitol building balcony, Gary wigged out and vowed to "find them and put my size four-and-a-halfs so deep into their colon!"

But dope smokers of the world, rejoice! You've got Gary Coleman on your side. The actor has no problem with people who wanna get high, and he thinks the federal government's crackdown on medical marijuana is reactionary social policy. "There's been medical marijuana ever since there's been medicine," he avers. "Nobody gets hurt, so why not? People still smoke marijuana, and they still go to work. There's no drug-related crime and robberies and murders in countries like, oh -- lemme pull one out of my ass here -- Denmark. Or Belgium."

I respect the other candidates like Ahnuld and Gallagher, but I think it's time that the little people get somebody in office.

Gary! because he's better than Gray!

Guest Polish_Rifle

here's some more...

LOS ANGELES - Celebrities are already in the public eye, but some are saying they want to become public servants, too.

On Wednesday, Gary Coleman (news), the star of the 1980s sitcom, "Diff'rent Strokes," plunked down $3,500 in Alameda County and declared himself a candidate for governor of California. Current governor Gray Davis is facing a recall election Oct. 7.

The diminutive actor has been in and out of legal trouble since the popular show ended, and was recently on the E! series "Star Dates," where stars and singles mingle with mixed results.

Arnold Schwarzenegger (news) also announced his candidacy Wednesday while taping "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (news - Y! TV)." He ended a news conference by telling reporters "I'll be back."

"The politicians are fiddling, fumbling and failing," the "Terminator" actor said. "The man that is failing the people more than anyone is Gray Davis. He is failing them terribly, and this is why he needs to be recalled and this is why I am going to run for governor."

Comedian Gallagher is also gathering signatures.

The celebrities enter a pool of eager candidates hungry to oust Davis, who has seen his popularity plummet as the state grapples with a record $38 billion budget deficit. Davis is the first California governor to face a recall and would be only the second governor nationwide to be removed from office if the effort succeeds.

Popular Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein ruled out a run, saying the election was becoming "more and more like a carnival every day."

__-

I want to know where a security guard gets $3,500.

Guest MideonMark

What you talking bout Rob?

*Might as well be the first person to say this

Guest Choken One

Soo....

We got a Body Builder, Smut Peddler and A Dwarf running for Gov. of the largest State in America...

I thought he was running seriously, but the news just said that he only threw his name into the hat as a form of protest against the recall (I assume in a "look how ridiculous this is, even I'm running now")... that actually makes sense... as opposed to teh bizarro world where Coleman would actually be running

Guest Choken One

Wisconsin?

What did he learn? How to Make Cheese?

That'll help.

All kidding aside...He is pimping the business back in Cali deal but yet Planet Hollywood Bombed and his restraunt isn't making waves...

I like the one dude I heard was considering running...the guy who Ran 1984 Games in LA and was Baseball Commish...I hear good things for him...

Besides, Gary Coleman...the guy that shitted away a 200 million + profit from his famous days. This would be a upgrade how.

And that speech seemed a little serious for someone that didn't really want to run.