TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Prince Paul, etc...: I want to help you end him...

Guest Downhome

I want to help you finally get rid of this guy. All I ask is for a few of his IP #'s, since I believe they have been changing.

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If you don't help out DH here, I will quit the board. The people here deserve better then this shit, and you guys seemingly can't do a thing about him.

Guest Eagan469

I'd think that if he changes his IP's, if we could somehow catch him while he's on using it (if he attacks the board, you give Downhome his IP and don't immediately ban him), I'm sure Downhome has some radical measures planned for the fucker.

Guest Eagan469
by knocking down his proxies?

well, in that case we're helpless

but I'm thinking positive here

Guest Choken One

Why doesn't Dames just ban all those ZERO post names lingering around and close registration for a couple weeks?

Then he can move on

Guest Downhome

I'm just trying to help, and I can almost assure you I'd be able to do something. I just need his IP #'s, the more you can give me the better.

Also, I agree that it would be a good idea to delete ANY poster who has 0 posts. I think it's time to cleanse TSM.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

not sure what we could be doing with this, but a location might be handy to find service areas...but you know what guys

2 bucks says hes in college, and hes in computer labs...different ip for each one...so if hte ips are close to each other...then we have an answer and can submit that to the appropriate it office...

ive done it...not pretty...because those accounts are logged.

Guest Eagan469
Why doesn't Dames just ban all those ZERO post names lingering around and close registration for a couple weeks?

Then he can move on

I think he said he "hadn't gotten around to it" about a month ago.

Well, now's the time chief. Now's the time.

Guest Downhome

I'm sure the mods and admins are doing all they can to keep things straight here. They are doing a might fine job if you ask me, this is only one person (I believe) that's causing the trouble lately.

I simply don't think it would hurt anything to have a few of us "normal" posters on the case either. :D

Guest Big Poppa Popick

i hardly call frying someone's processor "on the case"

but,as i said before, having fun with a pc that isnt governmentally owned and operated is a-okay in my book for an asshole like him

cult of the dead cow anyone?

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
cult of the dead cow anyone?

don't those guys still just do silly little backdoor trogan thingies for the script kiddies? Back Orifice or whatever?

and there are a couple of people here that come on just to talk with me in PM, they would get banned under this idea.

understand something, people. There are ALWAYS going to be idiots online, whether it be a message board, chat server or otherwise. This is EXACTLY what this fool is hoping for, to get everyone upset to where some will leave the board. I realize that there are some of you that take this board much more seriously than I do, but I take the long view. Someone is trying to bring TSM down or at the very least disrupt it through this inane behavior, and its succeeding.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

not really...well maybe

cDc, yeah, theyre well-known for their backdoor programs...hell, i knew the guy that designed Back Orifice...4 years ago. but, they're not too shabby when it come to ip-shenagins either

Guest Downhome
and there are a couple of people here that come on just to talk with me in PM, they would get banned under this idea.

understand something, people. There are ALWAYS going to be idiots online, whether it be a message board, chat server or otherwise. This is EXACTLY what this fool is hoping for, to get everyone upset to where some will leave the board. I realize that there are some of you that take this board much more seriously than I do, but I take the long view. Someone is trying to bring TSM down or at the very least disrupt it through this inane behavior, and its succeeding.

All of that is true.

I think we all, myself should ignore him ON the board, while also working on stopping him from being able to post. He needs to go, and it's only a matter of time.

Guest The Old Me

I think maybe you shouldn't be asking for peoples IP's as one of them may have gotten pissed and knocked this board down.

Guest Retro Rob

Why not close the board off to new members for about a month? Maybe make the signing up process a little more tedious as well, which should weed out some of the trolls.

New signups is closed right now.

If only they did that when I mentioned it days ago, this might have been stopped.

(Just kidding Dames.) :D

Guest Choken One

Then he can move on

Bad Idea Eh?

Guest The Old Me

Then he can move on

Bad Idea Eh?

Yeah, way to go.

Then he can move on

Bad Idea Eh?

How does it feel to have the same ammount of posts that I DID have before this went down?

Guest Eagan469

I will send the mods an IP scanner if they don't want to give out the IP's.

It's called "Angry IP Scanner" and if any of the mods want it and can't find it, PM me and I'll send it over.

Its never going to stop..

IP Adresses aren't going to be the answer, since anyone with dial up has a dynamic IP adress that changes every time you disconnect and redail, and they even change based on the ISP.

The only thing I can think of is to password protect the foruims sepreately and change the password frequently, but that still wouldn't stop it completely, and it would be a hassle to manage the passwords.

IP Adresses aren't going to be the answer, since anyone with dial up has a dynamic IP adress that changes every time you disconnect and redail, and they even change based on the ISP.

The only thing I can think of is to password protect the foruims sepreately and change the password frequently, but that still wouldn't stop it completely, and it would be a hassle to manage the passwords.

Could Dames mass-change everyone's password, then mass-email the entire community the new password? Would that stop him from getting in?

Guest Choken One

No because some fucktard will reveal the pass word unless it's dames enforced individual passwords...

No the idea was to use the IP address to find out his ISP and send them an email telling them to ban him from the ISP so that he can't even log on the internet.