TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

You are all banned!!!!!

Guest JaKyL25

There once was an all-haiku thread

That was awesome, then decent, then dead.

'Cause Haikus are cool,

But Limericks Rule,

So I thought I'd try that instead.

Guest Fallen Angel

This is all so lame. None of this shit happens at WDI.

There's a haiku in there, if you're smart enough to find it. Also note that haikus traditionally have a "flow" to them, rather than just five, seven, and five syllables. Chave, this is mostly for your benefit. If you're going to do a gimmick, do it right.

By the way, if you are smart enough to find the haiku in this post, click the link in my signature. Any of the few posters here that aren't too slow for the short bus would be welcome there.

Guest Fallen Angel

I got nothing against TSM, just the majority of the posters. Besides, what is this, the U.N.? In any case, I'm just recruiting.

And I DID want to drop my two cents on haiku, in the hopes people would learn. I always say, "any day you learn something new is a good day." Take from it what you will.

This is all so lame. None of this shit happens at WDI.

There's a haiku in there, if you're smart enough to find it. Also note that haikus traditionally have a "flow" to them, rather than just five, seven, and five syllables. Chave, this is mostly for your benefit. If you're going to do a gimmick, do it right.

By the way, if you are smart enough to find the haiku in this post, click the link in my signature. Any of the few posters here that aren't too slow for the short bus would be welcome there.

I was gonna reply with a haiku, but fuck it.

While a haiku traditionally has a flow to it, they are defined by the number of syllables in each line. Therefore what I have been writing, while not high art, is still a haiku. Besides which, it does have a flow, albeit not in the traditional form.

Besides, when you put CobainWasMurdered into a line, it kind of fucks the flow up.

Guest Fallen Angel

I do have to commend you, Chave, on the use of "Cobainwasmurdered" in poetic verse. But the point still remains. I'm not knocking you; I'm amused by the gimmick. But at the same time, why not tweak it where you can.

And yes, I know, technically any 5-7-5'er is a haiku, but that's akin to those teachers in high school who said that "anything you write can be poetry." True? Yes. A good lesson? Absolutely not.

One other point, back to the original comment by JaKyL25 (alternating capital and lower-case letters is very cool, by the way): I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to complain about the state of affairs here. And I do like it here, and I want to help the problems I see. But that doesn't mean I can't bitch when I see fit, nor does it mean I can't offer an alternative.

I do have to commend you, Chave, on the use of "Cobainwasmurdered" in poetic verse. But the point still remains. I'm not knocking you; I'm amused by the gimmick. But at the same time, why not tweak it where you can.

And yes, I know, technically any 5-7-5'er is a haiku, but that's akin to those teachers in high school who said that "anything you write can be poetry." True? Yes. A good lesson? Absolutely not.

Point taken, but it is hard enough to write a haiku at high speed and make it (hopefully) amusing without worrying about flow.

Besides, it's not really a gimmick. I just decided to do it for a day or two to engrain it in peoples heads, so that if I decide to do it again at a later date it will be retro-cool or something. I'm cunning like that...

Guest Fallen Angel

Wait...would you be more impressed because you hate Eagan? I'm not sure I follow.

Anyway, I'm not Eagan.

Guest Fallen Angel

Also of semi-importance: I chose this name on here solely on a whim. Read nothing into it.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

mine would repeat itself over and over again when it talked to mimic my Double post super power.

and it would have an axe and beer...canadian of course

Guest cobainwasmurdered

mine would repeat itself over and over again when it talked to mimic my Double post super power.

and it would have an axe and beer...canadian of course