TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

Some news, Al Snow, Howard Stern, Teddy Long, more

Guest MideonMark

The reason that Al Snow is working so many indy dates as of late is because he is classified as an announcer in WWE, just as Jerry Lawler. This means that Snow can work indy dates without a problem. For talent classified as wrestlers, they must receive approval from the WWE front office before being able to make an indy appearance.

Rey Mysterio has been added to today’s Byte This show on the official WWE website. Mysterio will join Diamond Dallas Page as a guest on the show that airs live today at 4 pm Eastern.

Playboy Magazine announced their financial numbers, revealing that the numbers are down. The good news coming from the announcement is in an article by the AP they wrote, "Publishing revenue grew 6.7 percent to $28.8 million, as Playboy magazine's results benefited from strong newsstand sales for the May issue, which featured World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.'s Torrie Wilson."

[source: 1Wrestling.com]

Source: WrestlingObserver.com-

Howard Stern was talking about Vince McMahon on his show this morning when he was asked whether he would ever do anything with World Wrestling Entertainment. He responded by saying he had spoken to McMahon on several occassions but he had never accepted any offers because he wouldn't do anything scripted. One of the offers was for last year's Summerslam event.

He said that he was not a major fan of WWE and does not watch the shows often.

Robin Quivers talked about McMahon's behaviour on Bob Costas and Real Sports and said that Stern would be crazy to work with McMahon since he isn't all there. Stern responded by saying he knew someone that worked for McMahon once and that Vince is the same off camera as he is on camera.

Robin Quivers and Artie Lang talked about Vince's news interviews and said Vince was a scary guy - Quivers said there was something seriously wrong with him.

Stern said Vince was probably trying to make good TV more than anything and said that if something was presented to him that was fun, he would probably do it.

I got these ones from wrestlingnewsworld.com, but I dunno where they got it from, so it may not be the most reliable of news but here ya go anyway-

From what I understand, doctors found hepatitis in Theodore Long’s blood and that is the reason that he has been kept off of WWE television. Apparently they are running more tests to see how bad of shape he is in and his future will be decided on pending several doctor examinations.

-- World Wrestling Entertainment set an attendance record at the Sydney Superdome this past Saturday. The previous attendance record holder were The Rolling Stones who set the record of 16,750 for their concert in February. WWE set a record of 17,112 people.

-- The rumoured Eric Bischoff vs. Shane McMahon match for the Summerslam PPV is likely to be for the control of RAW. Steve Austin has been rumoured as a special guest referee.

Guest HHH's 'Roid Needle

Everybody calls Vince "crazy" and "stupid" for trying to kick the ass of Bob Costas. I applaud Vince. Costas is an asshole. Stupid baseball fan.

Guest MideonMark

Like I said, the news story about Teddy Long may not be the most reliable of news, but I don't think anyone would make up a story like that.

Guest Polish_Rifle

That rapist jersey will sell like hotcakes. I almost want to go to the NBA Store and buy me a personalized jersey.

Back on topic...Why is there a McMahon or Bischoff match in just about every PPV? Don't they have enough wasted talent sitting on the sidelines?

Guest acnx

Hopefully Teddy is alright...he's a really entertaining guy.

Get well soon Teddy.

I think Howard Stern should work a program with Bob Holly.

And he should be sure to make extra vicious fun of him before the match.

Like I said, the news story about Teddy Long may not be the most reliable of news, but I don't think anyone would make up a story like that.

"Vader is dead".

I REALLY hope Teddy gets better, he took a horrible angle and made it hilarious. He's easily my favorite manager in the WWE right now.

Guest JMA

I hope Teddy gets better. He's a great manager and entertainer. Get well soon, playa.