TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Hair v. Hair stipulation is off

from rohwrestling.com-

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the hair vs. hair stipulation will not be able to take place in Boston on September 6th when Raven and CM Punk battle in a steel cage. Punk and Raven would like to express their deepest regrets that they are unable to participate in this stipulation due to previous contractial obligations with TNA. Raven would like it known that it is his fault and his fault alone because he placed himself and Punk in that situation. Raven apologizes and promises to increase the violence in Boston by making this a Clockwork Orange House Of Fun in a Steel Cage match. Raven is truly sorry for this turn of events and thanks you for understanding. When asked what he plans to do for the Boston fans Raven said; "Punk must die and you will see new levels of violence from me in Boston on September 6th," Raven said.

Punk said in response that "Raven must die and I will end this in Boston under any rules and conditions he wants."

Also just signed is a huge three-way jeopardy match. It will pit Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide!!! Each man will have something at stake in this one. We'll have what will be at stake soon.

I'm actually glad to hear that. It would have made for an interesting match, but I just can;t imagine either guy without hair, it just wouldn't be the same.

With the emphasis put on Raven in that quote, it makes it sound as if he was the one that was going to lose. Thats strange, as he must of known TNA wouldn;t be happy with him losing his hair.

Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide!!!

Sounds good. Could even be ROH title vs NWA title, I somehow doubt it though.

Whats with the "The Notorious 187" name? I know he uses it in MLW, but it seems to be a general thing now.

Guest DonWestMark03

That's always been his nickname. In ROH promos he calls himself that too.

That's always been his nickname. In ROH promos he calls himself that too.

They don't announce him as that though do they?

I never really noticed it until I heard it in MLW.

"Also just signed is a huge three-way jeopardy match. It will pit Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide!!! Each man will have something at stake in this one. We'll have what will be at stake soon."

They could put both titles up...but it would give away the ending. While Styles could surely be a great ROH champion...none of these people are going to win the NWA title.

I wonder what's at stake...cause as we see with Raven/Punk if it's anything cosmetic Styles can't lose.

I guess it could be the person who wins gets something from the person he beats...and then AJ just wouldn't be the one getting pinned.

Very interesting to have both champions in the match.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. That way, Styles could pin Homicide and Joe doesn't lose the title, or Joe could pin Homicide and Styles doesn't lose the title.

Guest Deviant

I felt sure Punk was going to lose, and if he was, it makes no sense for TNA to stop it. Why would Raven want to go bald anyway? Now I'm scared for when and if ROH can hold that match.

I'm hoping this will remain as the blowoff, I don't want a bald Raven, that would just look weird.

We had Nash/Jericho bald pics made, can someone do that for Raven/Punk?

Three way sounds great, but hair vs hair was an awesome stip and it's a pity it won't be used.

Guest Tim Cooke

The hair vs. hair stipulation was done for two reasons. First, since they decided to continue the feud, they needed to have another attraction other than the cage. Second, the stipulation works because it ends the feud. A lot of people are “happy” since now neither wrestlers appearance will change. But that was the whole point. Both Raven and Punk have long hair and losing would make them look very different, allowing the victor to win the feud and gain the ultimate satisfaction. Not really that hard to grasp. Really isn’t.

As for TNA saying they can’t do it, when TNA draws 1,000 paid legit to a string of shows, they have the right to tell other indies what to do. Until then, they remain and will always be, just another Indy with a PPV deal.

Tim, thinking that “just another Indy with a PPV deal sounds awfully like

E……………………………………….C…………………………………….”

Guest Miss Indy Queen

Well from the looks of it with TNA getting involved, Raven was going to lose that match. However, you never know, maybe TNA has plans to do a hair vs hair match with Raven down the line.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Aren't you just waiting for the WWE to try and copy this match as a Watchwork Red Mansion of Hilarity match?...........