TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

Triple H as world champ

Guest Crux

I like long title reigns--with *good* title holders. Triple H is the epitome of a bad one.

Guest Anglesault
They made us laugh? well...not you.

Most of it was moron humor.

"I have no Testicles" on te back of a picture. Gufaw. Or something.

And my definition of a good feud is one that had a valid reason to start (Benoit and Edge had NO reason, others were weak ) a good pay off, and it helps both guys (Kane/Angle kept things status quo, as did Hogan/Angle and Benoit/Angle. Edge/Angle fucked Kurt and Angle/Rey hurt Rey.)

All disasters

And my definition of a good feud is one that had a valid reason to start (Benoit and Edge had NO reason, others were weak ) a good pay off, and it helps both guys (Kane/Angle kept things status quo, as did Hogan/Angle and Benoit/Angle. Edge/Angle fucked Kurt and Angle/Rey hurt Rey.)

All disasters

One argument about the Edge/Angle feud...

Remember, Angle and Edge used to be buddies back in the Team ECK days.

Guest Anglesault

All disasters

Which causes them to seemingly randomly start a (godawful) feud six months after Kurt's heel turn?

All disasters

Which causes them to seemingly randomly start a (godawful) feud six months after Kurt's heel turn?

I look at it this way..

Which would you rather have...Kurt not on TV at all, or at least him having a steady spot.

No other choices.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

It really is a good thing most of you guys weren't witness to some of Flair's looooooooong ass title reigns. :D

Guest Anglesault

All disasters

I look at it this way..

Which would you rather have...Kurt not on TV at all, or at least him having a steady spot.

No other choices.

April and May of this year were very relaxing.

Ideally, I'd like for him to take injury time off every time they suggest a godawful idea and return when they have something passable.

So, in conclusion, off TV rather than unspeakably bad shit.

exactly, i mean most of you will probably refuse to look at things fairly...but Tripper is about as good as Ric Flair was, is as over as he was and Flair used just as much backstage politics as HHH.

Guest Trivia247

The Days of Bruno Sammartino's title reign is long gone for the basic fact that the wrestling events of any magnatude was stretched out over great time.

Title reighs of the Hogan's being a max of 3 year straight was done while also giving the viewer the idea of Hogan taking on every wreslter in the promotion. And in fact they did it actually pretty well.. Hogan didn't get stuck with just one wrestler for years he actually wrestled other people in between of his big feuds.

Problem with the HHH title reign is that especially on raw HHH beats an opponent and that guy is made to look so below title contention that he shouldn't dared wrestle him again for the belt. You may get one or two PPV matches against HHH to tell a story, but beyond that the wrestlers get stuck in mid or lower card crap sometimes not even given a ppv match while on this after HHH exile.

Hogan faced some wrestlers more than once, but each time he faced them they still seem contender material because they hyped the battles as being titanic.

plus a dynamic of a Face champion defending himself vs a horde of Heels is also a basic concept people understand.

Hogan's early 2nd WWF career, vs Iron Shiek, then Piper and his group then the whole of Heenan's stable etc etc

SCSA had similar on air problems when he held the World championship against Wrestlers chosen too take him down by McMahon.

HHH is a Heel champion, whom sits alone atop the mountain.... any possible contenders he could have in the roster he take on and defeat them, and they get systematically discredited.

Let's not compare Triple H to Flair.

Flair is considered a god by many because he makes his competition look good. How good was Booker T looking at WrestleMania when he played dead for 30 seconds before being pinned?

When Flair defended the title, the fans were witnessed to a match in which the outcome was not overly obvious. Nuff said.

Yeah we wanted long reigns.  From someone who deserves it, but sadly everyone has had their credibility flushed down the toilet on RAW.  Leaving Kliq buddies left, except Nash whom the fans just don't seem to care about.

I guess HHH got what he wanted.  He's in a position where no one can argue for someone else as champ because everyone else has no credibility left.

HURRICANE FOR WORLD CHAMPION!

...wait...

Aw hell, I don't care if he doesn't have credibility in most people's eyes

HURRICANE FOR WORLD CHAMPION!

Seriously though...Credibility can be restored. Think of this...HHH was fighting in Hog Pen Matches and having Ultimate Warrior no sell his finisher. Look where he is now. Kurt Angle was in rediculous feuds for most of 2002 (horrendous if you ask Anglesault)...and look where he is now.

Credibility can be restored. Hell, if they do things right, Kane's getting his restored.

It CAN be restored, but there has to be the actual ATTEMPT at restoring it and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

All disasters

Well, the Angle feuds helped Edge. He moved up the card alot. He went from Regal to Angle, which is a huge jump. And Angle, um, got a nice hair cut. Win-win!

A 9 month title reign now is like 3 or 4 years back then. Hell, the Savage/Hogan storyline that stretched over an entire year from 1988-89 would be done in about 2 or 3 months now.

Why? Because there's more TV, and no more jobber matches. People back then were conditioned to only seeing matches between two "names" either on the big televised shows (Clashes or SNMEs) or on PPV, which was generally once every 3 months. Now that there's what amounts to one or two of those big televised shows every single week, and a PPV every month, feuds are shorter, and so must title reigns be.

That's why it feels like HHH has been champ forever...because in those terms, he HAS.

Well considering Triple H's title reign has been a failure on every level besides Triple H being champ, I'd say it is time for a change.

Guest Memphis
What are you talking about? HHH, you mean Hunter Hearst Helmsley? What a match he had with Bob Holly at Summerslam, eh? I propose the WWF start a feud between him and Henry Godwin immediately!

There was once someone here called 'That 1996 Guy'. He did your gimmick before you, and it sucked then too.

Go away.

Like it matters. Whoever wins the title from him will just lose it back in a month or two. It is HHH's belt. He had it brought back because he felt the IC belt was beneath him.

As long as HHH is the champ, WWE is headed to the grave.

Errr not quite as the belt he holds is the #2 belt in the company and was handed to him without winning a damn match. Now if was holding the title Kurt Angle is holding, the true World Title, then it'd be a different story.

Triple H can't draw! His title reign is KILLING the company! He's the reason that Smackdown is so much better than Raw every week! The WWE will NEVER acheive a decent rating with HHH as champion! If he was on Smackdown the WWE would be in the GRAVE!

Raw ratings the three weeks before HHH became champion: 4.0, 3.9, 3.7

Smackdown ratings the last three weeks: 3.4, 3.4, 3.4

Raw ratings the last three weeks: 4.0, 4.2, 4.2

But.....but.....that doesn't make sense. Does the antichrist draw?

Triple H can't draw! His title reign is KILLING the company! He's the reason that Smackdown is so much better than Raw every week! The WWE will NEVER acheive a decent rating with HHH as champion! If he was on Smackdown the WWE would be in the GRAVE!

Raw ratings the three weeks before HHH became champion: 4.0, 3.9, 3.7

Smackdown ratings the last three weeks: 3.4, 3.4, 3.4

Raw ratings the last three weeks: 4.0, 4.2, 4.2

But.....but.....that doesn't make sense. Does the antichrist draw?

Yeah, HHH is God. Even though it's Kane who's drawing in big numbers. But I see your point.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Now that HHH has a sane amount of air-time there's no way he's the source of the company's problems. He's pulling his weight and my only real complaint is that he needs to take some time off and get healthy again.

Guest Korgath

Trips is the Honky Tonk Man of our generation.

He's the Heel champion that everyone wants to see taken down.

So naturally, once we see him go over AGAIN, we get pissed and look forward to seeing a Main Event face win cleanly, so that we can all go home happy.

What? Show's over? Already? Dammit.