TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

NY Giants, a superbowl pick!?!

Yah, I guess it could be written off as JUST preseason, but starters-on-starters for the first quarter still didn't flatter the Giants Offense which is suppsoed to be so incredible this season. Tiki Barber was up to his usually fumblitis, and Kerry Collins looked to be returning to his form from a few years back......

aw hell, it's just preseason but I am bored and a Skins fan, so naturally my biased will come out.....

Guest nWoScorpion

Giants RULE. They got screwed last year in the Playoffs.

Prediction: Giants v. Jets in SB XXXVIII or whatever, i lsot track.

Of course, I love NY so i'm bias too

Guest Flyboy

The Giants will NOT win the Super Bowl, but they are deep in the playoffs for sure.

The NFC East is going to suck this year. The Eagles will win the division easily, but probably with a record no better than 10-6.

The Redskins and Giants will be lucky to break .500 and the Cowboys might actually finish ahead of one of them.

Guest Flyboy
For sure deep in the playoffs? With what?

Barber, Toomer, Collins, Shockey, and improved defense. I didn't say they would win, but they will get further than they did last year. If the Giants would have beaten the 49ers, the would have got the same fate the 49ers got in the game against Tampa Bay.

First off, the Jets aren't going to the Superbowl. Everyone can forget that idea right now. They aren't even winning the division.

As far as the Giants go, disregarding my more lighthearded Topic starter for this thread, to be more serious, I think the Biggest wildcard when it comes to the Giants is Kerry Collins. This guy had a great year last year, but we know how he can also suck it up badly. He is not a GIVEN at QB. He is not a QB you can take for granted and just automatically assume he is gonna be THE GUY every week. Last year he put up career numbers and had a very uncharacteristic year. He just doesn't EVER play THAT GOOD. You can take the glass is half full opinion and say that is just the start of things to come or you can take the glass is half empty(and IMO more realistic approach) and say, with last year's career numbers, he is do for AT LEAST a mild letdown this year. He didn't look good AT ALL tonight. The best pass play was 100% the reciever adjusting and making a great catch, now I know it is preseason so it "doesn't matter" but when you have been the QB in the same offense for more than 2 years, you shouldn't come out looking flat like that, not even in the PRESEASON. So my prediction that everything rests on Kerry Collins shoulders this season, I also think he NEEDS to nearly match last years numbers for the Giants to be nearly as good as most experts think they are gonna be.

Guest nWoScorpion

I never banked on Collins as being reliable.

Wait, I think i'm thinking off Vinny Testaverde and he's not even a Giant lol. I guess you can say the same for him.

Guest two_tuff_toddy

I personally think the Giants are going to win their division as dallas and washington are horrible and the Eagles are on the decline.

I think Philly still wins the division. But the Giants should be at least a wildcard team. When he isn't fumbling Collins is one of the league's better quarterbacks, and having Hilliard for a full season should only help matters.

What improvements did the Giants make on defense, besides losing Sehorn and drafting Joseph?

NFL SuperBowl XXXVIII will be New York Giants Vs. Buffallo Bills with the same result as NFL SuperBowl XXV, of course I am a Giants fan so I am not the most biased person in the world but that is just my opinion,haha, GO GIANTS!!!

Thanks.

Guest Choken One

Foolish moron.

Bengals Vs Niners III

Seriously?

Eagles/Titans.

I'm feeling the titans for some reason

my secondary pick is

Chiefs/Packers...

Before you say anything about me being a moron, I told my Dad in August of 2001 that the New England Patriots are going to win NFL SuperBowl XXXVI, I live in Connecticut and have access to all their preseason games and see in this years New York Giants what I saw in them!!!

Thanks.

Guest Dillon Likes Bossman

My god, 1 preseason game and "The Giants suck" talk has begun. May I remind you that in the year they went to the superbowl they were 0-4 in the preseason.

The Giants need to work alot on the Offensive Line. In the 1st Quarter with the starters playing they gave up sacks, fumbles, INTs. This team did not look like they were in shape nor a contender for the 2nd spot in the NFC East.

The Redskins went 4-0 last year and ran the score up in the preseason yet did nothing in the 16 games that counted.

Giants need alot of work in order to live up to the usual hype about the New Jersey.....er NYC teams get every year.

Philly still wins the division.

The Giants grab a wild-card spot.

The Jets fail to make the playoffs. In fact, I think they're the worst team in their division.

You heard 'em all here first. I'm going to get in on the Crossfaces when I can, but I also have my own super-deluxe NFL preview coming.* Since this coming week is a light one for school, I should be able bang a lot of it out.

* in two parts, to irritate Flyboy

Didja put money on it?

If you didn't...you're a moron.

No, I should of though, I would have won a lot of money!!!

Thanks.

Guest DonWestMark03
Giants RULE. They got screwed last year in the Playoffs.

Prediction: Giants v. Jets in SB XXXVIII or whatever, i lsot track.

Of course, I love NY so i'm bias too

I agree, GIANTS RULE!!! :headbang:

The Vikings are having the best camp they've had in years. That's the story every year.

Anyone else here this about the local team. This year's different.