TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

An Open Letter

Dear TSM Members, Admins, Mods, and others…

I am The Amazing Rando, M Nyland, whatever…poster since early last year and lurker for even longer. I was a member of the “Mission to 1000” thread and part of it’s great…oh…week or two of true fun, before it degenerated into hellspawn. But that’s not what I am hear to talk about. I am here to talk about…

Us.

TheSmartMarks.

I live in an area where I have very few wrestling fan friends…and those that I do have are quite markish and I find it hard to have a conversation with them without wanting to cause physical harm. So I turned to this forum, where I found people that I can have lengthy conversations about not only wrestling…but also music, movies, television, or whatever else is on anyone’s mind.

This place is a virtual utopia of wit, humor, knowledge, and friendship. Though everyone has their own little feuds and pet peeves, this place mostly operates like a well-oiled machine. If you visit any smaller wrestling forums out there on the net you will see a jumbled mess of bad topics and poor thought processes. Barring certain recently banned posters, this place is LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything else I’ve ever seen.

When I run around this board, chats, AIM conversations…I feel a bit of acceptance…even in the hate. Because even if I get some hate directed at me…I know I must have made some kind of impression if someone else wants to take the time out of their day to try and put me down.

I use quotes and conversations from these forums in my every day life…if I ever need to relay information about new movies, video games, whatever…I know there is probably someone here that has seen it, played it, done it…whatever…and I know that those people would be happy to share their experiences.

“This is only a messageboard”

That quote seemingly defined an arc of time in the history of these forums. I’m sorry…but this isn’t only a messageboard. This is a home for the ideas, thoughts, dreams, hopes, complaints, problems, and lives of so many different people. This is a COMMUNITY. Some days when I run around and I see a Saved By The Bell reference I wonder if Zack Malibu caught it…or if I see a SNL related post…I wonder if Barron has been yapping…or if anything exceedingly witty got tossed around and was instantly forgotten in the sands of time.

“Don’t Fuck With The Dames”

Yeah. Exactly. Don’t mess with him. If it wasn’t him and a few others…this community would have been destroyed. I honestly can not see what I would be doing if this did not exist. Stuck on Rajah and SKeith rants…not having any way to really put my opinion out there…as bad as it is…I know that here…someone will listen.

And this brings me around to the point of all this…I think…

Be proud. Be proud to be a SmartMark here. You are a part of a wonderful community and it doesn’t matter if you take it seriously or not…it means the world to some people (Dames, BPP, others I’m sure) or else they would not have devoted so much time in saving it so that we would have a place to share our warped views.

I am proud to be a poster here.

I am proud to be a SmartMark.

I am proud to say I know a lot of my friends that I never ever would have met without this messageboard. All of those that run around my AIM, MSN, or Yahoo and have to put up with my random comments, idiotic ramblings and ideas, and just have to put up with me………

………thanks.

Remember all of the good times…

…one day they may be gone.

~~The Amazing Rando~~

P.S. There is so much more I could say here......honestly. But I think that everyone has their own intrepration of the forums and of this realm that we all help keep alive. Whether you believe you contribute or not...at least you know that when you do have something intelligent to say......that there is bound to be somewhere here that will listen to it.

Once more...Be Proud. Be Yourself. This is not only a messageboard...this is TheSmartMarks.

Guest El Satanico

You don't know what "love" is until you get "visited" by IDRM.

Well...so I heard

Guest El Satanico

Well aside from me encouraging you to have relations with IDRM. Your post was well written and while I don't feel the exact same way it was well said.

Guest Choken One

wow...That was touching...

it felt like Lifetime special or something

I always had this idea about TSM being like a gigantic gated community...where everyone has their own little apartment/niche where they can be themselves...invite friends over...blah blah blah...

I can only imagine how much fun that would be....

and that's not a lifetime special...that's a Sims experience.

The rules I imagined were:

Everyone would be assigned an apartment...i would cut the limit off at 300 apartments...maybe make some of them 2 and 3 bedroom for the "frat" types...

...and if you fall for a guy or a guy falls for a girl and you want to shack up you can...

...and also that if any TSMer has a significant other they may move in as well (or at least come visit)

Guest El Satanico

If this was a community...I'd want to go to IDRM's parties...no not THAT kind of party.

The rules I imagined were:

Everyone would be assigned an apartment...i would cut the limit off at 300 apartments...maybe make some of them 2 and 3 bedroom for the "frat" types...

...and if you fall for a guy or a guy falls for a girl and you want to shack up you can...

...and also that if any TSMer has a significant other they may move in as well (or at least come visit)

Well with that, I would opt to have my own apartment to share with my boyfriend. Now we have to have a pool or at least a hot tub.

Guest El Satanico

Unless it's an open relationship couples aren't allowed...this is a free love community.

Of course we can't be as carefree about it as the hippies were. We can't be having careless free love in this day and age...so safety first gentlemen and ladies

I am awaiting Dames to ask Popick for the money to buy an apartment complex...

BPP: He saved the Community.

Total Smart Marks - $5 a month/ $50 a year.

50 X 300 = $15,000

$15,000 would buy out one of those rent a garage things for a year.

Guest El Satanico

I'd set up a phone that calls Johnson every 6 hours and leaves the message "Kobe's a rapist" then hangs up.

Guest El Satanico
You are in the Church Of No Ma'am...watch the hippy comments around MrRant.

I never said we'd be hippies, just that we'd practice free love.

I even pointed out that we'd be more careful with free love than the hippies were.