TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The One and Only TSM NFL preview thread!

Just a little idea I had to keep the NFL talk from going into 7 threads

First, check out our Crossface discussing the Eastern divisions.

Here is your chance to take us to task over what we said in the article and add your two cents.

They don't go into depth enough on why they have certain opinions. All they did was repeat shit I heard out of "experts" last year, they have nothing to add.

I wish I could have made it to the CF.

Anyway, my picks as I see them now:

AFC EAST

New England

Buffalo

Miami

NY Jets

NFC EAST

Philly

NY Giants

Washington

Dallas

Staley's departure is going to make less of an impact then people think. He is a mediocre runner. And he can catch the ball out of the backfield, but they added Jon Ritcie who can catch it and Bryan Westbrook is seeing more reps and he can catch it.

And I think if he had his druthers Reid would like Staley to just stay away. He is pissed at Duce at this point. The players want Duce back, but this is pissing off Reid even more because Duce is starting to become a cancer. I think Reid would rather be able to tell his players "Duce is done, let's move on" as opposed to keep having this drag on then bring in a malcontent. That is the biggest thing, even if Duce comes back the Eagles aren't going to give him an extension so he will just become a miserable pain in the ass.

I think the Cowboys will surprise alot of people, they are at least better than the Redskins. Yes, the Cowboys have issues at QB and RB with the competition for starting spots just like the Redskins but what makes them better is the coaching. Bill Parcells is in town to establish a winning attitude, its his way or the highway. Unlike the last coach, Parcells will not be a puppet for the owner and will not take crap from players with attitudes.

Bill Parcells has already hand picked players that he feels could have a breakout season. Players like Antonio Bryant, who is on Parcells good side for having minor surgury on his hand and still went to participate in practice, watchout for the end around play. Roy Williams and Dexter Coakley on the defense side will be big factors in the Parcells system. And then there is Hambrick who is not the perfect RB but in a time position system he does not have to be, all he has to do is not fumble the ball or catch a screen pass.

Redskins suck, the owner wishes he was Jerry Jones.

Not bad for Around the Horn article but can I ask the Disembodied Voice to mute Bryan for overuse of the ...

I think the Cowboys will surprise alot of people, they are at least better than the Redskins

Are you on fucking crack?

The Cowboys are horrible, and Bill Parcells has all but admitted that he is using this year to see who needs to be replaced next season. Hear that, he has already packed the season in. I'd say cowboys can attain 5-7 victories.

Parcells will get a team of bad players to give great effort, but sorry TALENT wins.

Washington's two biggest question marks are QB & D-Line. D-line should still be able to stop the run, but pass rush is a question. As far as QB goes, Ramsey is a hell of a lot better of a prospect than Quincy/Hutch.

Guest Choken One

AFC EAST

-------------

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets

NFC EAST

-------------

Philly Eagles

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Washington Redskins

Not bad for Around the Horn article but can I ask the Disembodied Voice to mute Bryan for overuse of the ...

Woody Paige: "like the disemboweled voice was saying..."

Bill Plaschke: "It's disembodied, Woody. Do you know what you just said??"

I love that. Had to bring it up.

As far as QB goes, Ramsey is a hell of a lot better of a prospect than Quincy/Hutch.

Is Ramsey going to start every game or will the Redskins change the QB every game?

Better Coaching = Better Team

You can have the best WRs in the league but it does not matter because the QB is so inconsistent.

As far as QB goes, Ramsey is a hell of a lot better of a prospect than Quincy/Hutch.

Is Ramsey going to start every game or will the Redskins change the QB every game?

Better Coaching = Better Team

You can have the best WRs in the league but it does not matter because the QB is so inconsistent.

Ok are we gonna play this game again? Look, last season QBs were pulled because they were SHIT. Just like the way ANY OTHER COACH goes about it. If any of them would have been worthy of being a starter, they would have stayed in there. As far as coaching goes, yes if we are going to judge every single coach by their FIRST year, then Spurrier is a medicore coach, however it takes more than one year until any type of blame or credit can be put on a coach. Are you telling me Jimmy Johnson should have been canned the his first year because the cowboys went 1-15, and/or that Aikman was not a great QB because his first year in the league he played like absolute shit? If you HONESTLY think the Cowboys are finishing anywhere besides the bottom, then you must be saying they are winning 10 games, which is a joke in itself.

*Clears Throat*

*Clears Throat Again*

YOU SIGNED ROB JOHNSON

Check and mate.

Rob Johnson is terrible, terrible, terrible. Seriously, there must have been someone better than that. I find it shocking that Gruden once thought Rob would be the starter in Tampa. Yikes.

Anyways, I actually think the Skins could do ok this year. If Ramsay actually plays decently, they'll probably do better than the Cowboys.

Good job with the Crossface, guys - I'm definitely looking forward to this season.

Predictions

AFC EAST

-------------

Miami

Buffalo

New England

New York Jets

NFC EAST

-------------

Philadelphia

New York Giants

Washington

Dallas

Bryan Staeball > Rob Johnson

Everything you need to know about the NFC East is this. The backup QBs for Philly & New York are better than the starters for Dallas & Washington. Give me Jesse Palmer anyday over the likes of Hutch.

The third stringer in Philly is better than everyone playing QB in Dallas or Washington.

::refers to pop-culture tie-in::

Tony Danza? :huh:

I'm not saying the Cowboys will go over .500 but they will have a better season than the Redskins, and defeat them when they play.

So how many games will Ramsey play this season?

Ramsey>Rob Johnson>Wawful

NO.

Rob Johnson is better than nobody.

Ryan Leaf>Rob Johnson

Wow.....that's......that's just COLD man.

I'm not really sure who will suck more this year. But if Johnson gets any playing time, the suck momentum will swing quickly to the Redskins side.

Rob Johnson will be #3 on the depth chart or off the team by the time the season starts. I am not sure what other free agents were available at the QB position this offseason that wouldn't demand #1QB pay.

Brad Banks was let go because he sucked in training camp. Barring injury, there should be no reason to Ramsey is not playing the entire season. No point in arguing this point any further, because everyone continues to make arguments from something that was done last year because there was not a #1 Qb here. Ramsey is considered "the man" by the organization. Last year Matthews & Wuerfull were clearly not. Ramsey was obviously rushed into his role last year because Matthews/Wuerful sucked. Ramsey did not know the offense very well and the offensive line was horrendous and offered no protection. I will conceed Spurrier's one big mistake in the QB carousel last year was pulling Ramsey after he had 2 bad games. He should have just left him in the rest of the season and let the season ride out. However criticism of pulling Matthews/Wuerfeull is just pure Chris Berman nonsense. It's not like I don't realize that if Rob Johnson has to play then the season is over. Of course I know this. Rob Johnson sucks, Wuerfull knows the offense but he is a noodle-arm. I honestly believe though that Ramsey has what it takes to be a franchise QB, I don't expect people to take my word for it, nor do I really care. If he shows it on the field then that will be the proving ground, and if I am wrong, well serve up some nice hot steamy crow and I shall eat it all and make the plate look spotless.

Guest MD2020
The third stringer in Philly is better than everyone playing QB in Dallas or Washington.

He also bangs a hotter girl than any of those guys are currently banging.

(She's probably also the reason Pat Burrell sucks so much this year).

How will Trung Candidate fit into the Fun & Gun and will Kenny Watson be getting more playing time as the all purpose RB in the backfield?

Trung will fit in fine, depending on how the O-Line helps him. He is a better recieving RB than Stephen Davis and that is what Spurrier wanted. Trung brings speed to an already superfast offense. We also have Betts/Cartwright in the backfield to get the 3rd&1 yards.

It sucked that the Skins had to let Davis go, but wasn't as much of a Spurrier decision that everyone wants to make it seem. He would have accounted for approx 10 million against this years salary cap, and that was unacceptable. He also made it clear he wasn't gonna take a pay cut. Skins would have never been able to sign Coles/Morton/Thomas/Hall and work on an extension for Champ if Davis 10 million was looming over their heads this season. It was a tough player to drop, but the four we added, plus being able to resign Champ(and Lavar eventually) to a long term contract makes it a good decision in the long run. Plus the Skins would have been holding down cap hell for a player that has approx 2 years left in him barring injuries.

Predictions

AFC East

1. Miami

2. New England

3. Buffalo

4. NY Jets

NFC East

1. NY Giants

2. Philadelphia

3. Washington

4. Dallas

While Wash. made a HUGE mistake in signing Rob Johnson, the jury is out on Pat Ramsey and Spurrier as a coach. If they at least show some promise this year, then a head or two may roll because Snyder don't play that shit.

Oh and for any of you Cowboys fans, while our QB's do suck dog's cocks, your QB's suck dead dog's cock's.

Ramsey > Hutchinson/Carter combined