TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Another dumbass Jeremy Shockey quote

Apparantly Shockey goes off on Bill Parcels about his wishy-washy (I'm done with football, err, no I'm not) ways, but also he went off on Parcels apparantly knocking his talent, though he wasn't specific about what the Tuna said but in that dig Shockey called Parcels a "homo"

Don't want to start a flame war or anything but I'm sure there have been rumors about the guy in that vein, (married to his job, not much is known about his family life despite being close to senior citizen age, very private, ect) of course Shockey is a known homophobe so I wouldn't put it past him calling anyone he doesn't like a homo. (makes you wonder if there is a little "Banky" (see the movies "Chasing Amy" and a deleted scene in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" in Shockey but thats another story)

Actually I have heard one joke in the "Parcells is gay" variety, a New York City sports radio host is well known for being great friends with Parcells (they own race horses together, their families have vacationed together, ect) well he recently got married and when he got back a caller asked him where he and Bill were going for their honeymoon. Intrestingly enough the guy actually found the shot funny

Anyway its a whatever issue that should just stay with Parcells and Shockey, its not as bad as Rocker, yet but Shockey is getting close to that level

Steve

The Tuna is going through a divorce with his wife of 30 + years, so that's a long time to remain in the closet, but it has happend. As for

'Shock'ey, shut the hell up. What the hell have you done in the NFL that allows YOU to take shots at BILL PARCELLS? You've appeared in what? ONE playoff game? The Tuna's been to 3 Super Bowls, walking away with two victories. Oh, and the Pats owned yer ass last night. Nice seven yard reception. Don't expect too much more in week 7. I sincerely hope that Lawyer Milloy seperates your shoulder so we don't have to listen to every single announcer around the NFL juggle your nuts in their mouth.

The Tuna is going through a divorce with his wife of 30 + years, so that's a long time to remain in the closet,

Well I was saying how I could see whispers could be created about The Tuna... Or at least I think there must have been some

I sincerely hope that Lawyer Milloy seperates your shoulder so we don't have to listen to every single announcer around the NFL juggle your nuts in their mouth.

There is a part of me that wonders if Shockey isn't the "Great White Hype" of the NFL considering he seems to be the only non-QB caucassian offensive star and therefore gets more hype than he deserves (see also Churbet, Waye) but thats a bit of social commentary for another day

Steve

Oh, and the Pats owned yer ass last night. Nice seven yard reception

Yeah, because how he performs in the 1st preseason game is indicative of how he'll preform in the regular season.

It's funny how a player can have a really good preseason game and people say how it bodes well for their regular season, but a player can have a really shitty preseason game and it doesn't offer any indication of their upcoming season.

That's because people put far too much emphasis on good preseason games, without looking at things like performances against third-string defenses.

Guest Choken One

Shockey calls ESPN Fave Parcells a Homo and espn treats it like Watergate.

Shockey calls ESPN Fave Parcells a Homo and espn treats it like Watergate.

I'll give you that, however, this is a guy that already has a history of mouthing off and being an all-around jerk with not much of a resume to back it up.

I guarantee that if this was say the 3rd string tight end with San Diego it wouldn't have gotten this much pub

Its getting play in NY obviously I don't know how big nationally its been and yeah I can see ESPN backing an ex-coach who did some time in their studios/booths to the point of riddiculousness

Steve

Guest El Satanico

Like everything said by a :gasps: controversal figure...this will get way too much press and they will make it a bigger deal than it is.

Guest Flyboy

Shockey just set up a great rivlary between the Giants and the Cowboys. We have Parcells going to Dallas and I'm willing to bet the New Yorkers aren't to happy about that. In week two (I believe), look out for Roy Williams Vs. Jeremy Shockey. It's going to be nasty.

Could Shockey found other ways of setting this up? Yes. But, what do you expect. He's Shockey.

Guest Deebo

Nobody would give a shit about what that hick had to say if he didnt play in NYC.

I think Shockey himself's a bit overrated. Yeah, he had a great rookie season but he only put up 2 TD's. Also his arrogance really irks me as he makes a big deal about a lot of normal catches. In my opinion, unless it's a Touchdown or a big catch in a tight game(EX: 23 yard gain in a 24-21 game with 4 minutes left in the 4th) then you can showboat otherwise just play and stop being so full of your hype.

Guest Choken One
Shockey just set up a great rivlary between the Giants and the Cowboys. We have Parcells going to Dallas and I'm willing to bet the New Yorkers aren't to happy about that. In week two (I believe), look out for Roy Williams Vs. Jeremy Shockey. It's going to be nasty.

Could Shockey found other ways of setting this up? Yes. But, what do you expect. He's Shockey.

They already Had a great rivalry...

It didn't need Jeremy "Country" Shockey to cheapen it with Tabolid low tactics.