TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

2 news items

Guest Boo_Bradley

Hulk Hogan was a guest on the Bubba the Love Sponge show this morning, and he talked about a new wrestling venture.

Working with Clear Channel as the promoter, Hogan would embark on a nationwide wrestling tour, which he would bill as his farewell tour.

They would tour various arenas for one night-only to celebrate the "red and yellow and red, white and blue."

Hogan described it as a feel good event that he felt the fans deserved.

It was noted that the deal was in the 8 figures, and that a large amount of money was already put into escrow.

Credit: Andrew Marchand PWTorch.com

-----

John Cena will be recording a hip hop CD called "Basic Thugonomics".

It will be worked on in a studio in Lynnfield, MA.

Not much else is known about the project except that it is due out in 2004.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Working with Clear Channel as the promoter, Hogan would embark on a nationwide wrestling tour, which he would bill as his farewell tour.

They would tour various arenas for one night-only to celebrate the "red and yellow and red, white and blue."

How is he going to pull that off? Who else is going to tour with him?

Guest The Old Me

How is he going to pull that off? Who else is going to tour with him?

Beefcake and Kevin Sullivan.

Guest God Junior

Every night he will squash one of the top 10 indie talents, before beating all of them in a 5 minute gauntlet match on the final day of the tour.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

And don't forget, Barbarian, Greg Valentine, the Kiss Demon, Road Warriors, Rick Steiner and Buff Bagwell

Don't forget Brian Nobbs, Horace and Jimmy Hart

...speaking of Brian Knobbs, what ever happened to his partner, Jerry Sags?

Did Scott Hall put him out of wrestling?

I heard something about Hall running over his foot and destroying it...maybe I'm wrong though

:throwup:

John Cena will be recording a hip hop CD called "Basic Thugonomics".

This will be a disgrace to hip hop.

They should just call it wrestlerap or something. Quit disrespecting hip hop WWE, it's disgusting to us hip hop fans.

Guest Choken One

He should just buy TNA if he really wants a company...

It's for sale for like $321 and a bag of doughnuts...

How is John Cena recording an album "disrespecting" hip hop.

The guy has a fanbase, people like his raps-

Why not try to cash in?

The guy sucks at rapping. He's mediocre with a sprinkling of average in there. I am a big hip hop fan and I don't see a Cena album being nothing but trash.

Am I doing some preemptive bitching before I've heard any of the songs? Yeah. But most of the content on this board is preemptive bitching of some kind anyways.

He's got a fanbase. Great. More power to him. I am not hating on WWE trying to cash in. However, I am hating on their music dept trying to butcher hip hop by putting out a mediocre rapper out there with some whack ass beats. And I've heard WWE's music dept and they suck. Cena's entrance music sucks.

John Cena is disrespecting hip hop because he's not a rapper. He's a wrestler. As a rapper, he sucks. I'll just wait for his album to flop and then laugh at another failed WWE music project. And trust me, it'll fail.

Guest God Junior

Aren't there already plenty of mediocre hip hop acts already though? It's not like one more is going to make a difference. If you think it sucks (and you're right, there's no way it isn't going to suck) then fair enough, but it's not like hip hop is going to be damaged any more by this release than by the plethora of other untalented rappers.

True, if you look at every facet music, you'll find untalented fucks who are making albums left and right.

I feel Cena needs to be working on his in ring ability instead of his mic skills as an MC. I'm not sure if Cena knows it, but he's only a half notch better than Randy Orton in the ring and that means he sucks balls.

Stop making albums and start working on how to have a match that is better than **'s.

This will be a disgrace to hip hop.

They should just call it wrestlerap or something. Quit disrespecting hip hop WWE, it's disgusting to us hip hop fans.

Yeah man. It's not like all the songs about prostitution, drive-bys, gangs, drugs, as well as Eminem acting like a monkey in front of a camera for attention AREN'T disgracing hip hop! :rolleyes:

Guest Nobody in Particular

If Cena's album will be a disgrace to hip-hop I shudder to think what Savage's attempt at rap will be.

Guest Choken One
How is John Cena recording an album "disrespecting" hip hop.

The guy has a fanbase, people like his raps-

Why not try to cash in?

The guy sucks at rapping. He's mediocre with a sprinkling of average in there. I am a big hip hop fan and I don't see a Cena album being nothing but trash.

Am I doing some preemptive bitching before I've heard any of the songs? Yeah. But most of the content on this board is preemptive bitching of some kind anyways.

He's got a fanbase. Great. More power to him. I am not hating on WWE trying to cash in. However, I am hating on their music dept trying to butcher hip hop by putting out a mediocre rapper out there with some whack ass beats. And I've heard WWE's music dept and they suck. Cena's entrance music sucks.

John Cena is disrespecting hip hop because he's not a rapper. He's a wrestler. As a rapper, he sucks. I'll just wait for his album to flop and then laugh at another failed WWE music project. And trust me, it'll fail.

SOMEBODY didn't read Cena's Raw interview.

Cena said something along the lines of this

"I'm working a Rap Album with some producers outside of the WWE. It's nothing serious, I'm just doing this for fun...Kinda living out a fantasy...It's just me kicking some stuff around"...

It's not even a WWE produced Album and likely It's going to be in the lines of Fozzy.

While, Fozzy could be a actual band if Jericho wanted to...Cena is doing this for fun and to cash in on his fanbase...

Don't be all serious.

Besides...Cena wouldn't be any more embarassin then Ja Rule has been...

Guest Deviant

I hate hip-hop, so I ignore the fact that Cena is actually a fan of it and pretend that his gimmick is already a slap in the face of hip-hop. So bring on the album, hopefully it will be a comedic effort rather than a bad attempt at bad music.

If Cena's album will be a disgrace to hip-hop I shudder to think what Savage's attempt at rap will be.

Savage's answer to "Hulk Rules?"

Yay!

We have the setup for a rematch now!

Guest whatitistoburn
However, I am hating on their music dept trying to butcher hip hop by putting out a mediocre rapper out there with some whack ass beats.

Murder, INC. What?

Let him go, he's living out a dream and having fun. Hey, it might actually be good.