TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
notJames

JR's back 11 Aug because Coach Sucks

It sucks that the Brain isn't healthy enough to come back.

Bobby the Brain with ANYONE is better than what we have every week now.

I liked Coach because he paid attention to the matches and tried really hard to make each match seem important and/or good.

I've yet to see Coach pay attention to a match besides saying "... and Spike Dudley goes for a cover... and he gets a two-count..." between talking about anything else but the match.

He's corny, un-hip, talentless, and embarassing to listen to. Golf announcers probably beat him up at broadcasting school.

Guest The Old Me

Brain would probably be better than what we have, but I'm sure his humor is now dated.

I wish Vince would get back on commentary and get the hell out of all these angles. He and Bischoff to me were incredible announcers, and I think if you used Bischoff, Vince or Heyman on Raw with JR, the announcing would pick up. JR sucks donkey balls right now because he seems bored and cliched, but I think it is from the lack of ANYTHING from that idiot King forcing him to just sit back and do nothing. Lawler should be FIRED RIGHT NOW.

Guest Bricks

I don't like Coach at all, but at least he didn't have orgasms whenever Austin appeared on screen. They should experiment with the wrestlers they don't use on Raw to commentate. I mean Tazz has worked out so far.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Schivonie's problem was that he treated the audience like they had the intellegence of a paper hat. He was always yelling insanely obvious things like "THAT'S STING'S TRUCK."

JR may have deteriorated, but he'll always be better then Schivonie. The man who calls everything Sidewalk Slam... except Sidewalk Slams... he calls those Gutwrench Suplexes.

Guest The Old Me
I wish Vince would get back on commentary and get the hell out of all these angles. He and Bischoff to me were incredible announcers, and I think if you used Bischoff, Vince or Heyman on Raw with JR, the announcing would pick up. JR sucks donkey balls right now because he seems bored and cliched, but I think it is from the lack of ANYTHING from that idiot King forcing him to just sit back and do nothing. Lawler should be FIRED RIGHT NOW.

I don't think we EVER need Vince back on commentary.

"1 2 3...he got him, no he didn't, come on ref."

Guest T®ITEC

If Schiavone wanted to come back, I think that he could recover from those last years in WCW and return to his old form. Isn't he doing baseball in Atlanta these days, though?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The worst I can accuse Vince of was trying to do a Howard Cosell impression. He had a ton of enthusiasm, and he tried hard to build suspense in matches.

The way he handled Bret/Owen at Mania X was a perfect example of what Vince was capable of.

Guest The Old Me
If Schiavone wanted to come back, I think that he could recover from those last years in WCW and return to his old form. Isn't he doing baseball in Atlanta these days, though?

I thought he was doing Braves radio or something.

Guest The Old Me
Why the hell haven't they kicked King out of the booth?

They think he's hip. And many bitched when they let him go and replaced him with Heyman.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I honestly don't know. He still has chemistry with JR, (that is undeniable) but at this point he's become a total cariacture.

I'd send King down and have him help Cornette run OVW and have Heyman take over. Heyman was GAWD.

Guest Choken One

I still think as a Measure of Punishment...

Bischoff should be sent to the Broadcast booth for like two weeks or something...

Anyways...They were willing to try Tazz out...Do it with WWE un-used wrestlers.

DDP is getting friendly again with WWE and I seriously think he could be a Jesse Ventura type announcer.

Cornette is good but I'd imagine he'd turn it down anyways...

U know what wwe did randomly in 1996? They put active roster wrestlers on the booth for a night every once in a while..

Any one remember Owen at KOTR1996? Jesus, He was amazing.

I'd love to see them put someone like Stevie Richards on Commentary just for the randomness of it...

Brain would probably be better than what we have, but I'm sure his humor is now dated.

Not really. Heenan often came up with fresh material.

Plus when King actually says something funny once in a while it's a ripped-off Heenan line. Back when JR and King were great King was trying to be as much like Heenan as he could.

They think he's hip. And many bitched when they let him go and replaced him with Heyman.

How the fuck is King hip?

And what shit-for-brains bitched when Heyman replaced him?

They need to get rid of Lawler, because it seems that JR is brought back to his classic announcing form when there is a credible color commentator next to him (Heyman).

Well, they bickered a bit, supposedly because they don't really like each other in real life, but that didn't hurt the quality in the least.

Besides, isn't King supposed to be a heel announcer, but he isn't and hasn't been in a long time? Worse yet, when it comes to the women's division he always cheers on Trish.

Guest The Old Me

How the fuck is King hip?

And what shit-for-brains bitched when Heyman replaced him?

*I* don't think he is, but I think Vince is sometimes under the assumption that all we want to hear about is puppies.

I can recall reading a few columns, saying "WWE will never be the same"..."This is the end of the great WWF era" and things like that. I LOVED when Heyman stepped in. His chemistry with JR owned.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
They need to get rid of Lawler, because it seems that JR is brought back to his classic announcing form when there is a credible color commentator next to him (Heyman).

Besides, isn't King supposed to be a heel announcer, but he isn't and hasn't been in a long time?

Yes he has. Listen to any match with HHH, Y2J, Christian, Vince or most of the heels on RAW.

Besides, isn't King supposed to be a heel announcer, but he isn't and hasn't been in a long time?

Yes he has. Listen to any match with HHH, Y2J, Christian, Vince or most of the heels on RAW.

HHH: Doesn't count because both announcers verbally blow HHH anyway.

Y2J: You mean like saying HBK is right and Montreal should "get over it" despite HBK being a complete prick about the situation? And he seems more neutral to Jericho than supportive.

Christian: Okay, I'll give you that one.

Vince: Vince isn't really a heel on Raw.

No other examples?

King is also vehemently anti-Storm and I think he bashes La Resistance.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

HHH: Doesn't count because both announcers verbally blow HHH anyway.

Y2J: You mean like saying HBK is right and Montreal should "get over it" despite HBK being a complete prick about the situation? And he seems more neutral to Jericho than supportive.

Christian: Okay, I'll give you that one.

Vince: Vince isn't really a heel on Raw.

No other examples?

Rodney Mack?

Randy Orton?

Eric Bischoff?

Oh and it's not standard HHH love, with King. Listen to the Mania match. He's ALL OVER Booker T. The Wendy's incident etc. etc.

Oh and if you'd LISTEN to him during a Y2J match, he usually defends Jericho. (And Fozzy) The Montreal thing was King towing company line, it doesn't count.

Guest TheGame2705

Tony Schiavone is a great announcer. Sure he was forced to shill everything like it was the best thing on the earth but if you've ever watched WCW PPV's from about 1996-1997 he brings his A-Game. I loved Tony, Dusty, Brain, and Tenay. Tony would talk about all these storylines going on, Tenay would comment on all the moves, Dusty would say stupid shit but it was usually funny for the wrong reasons, and Heenan would say stupid shit period and get told off by Tony or Dusty.

To anyone who thinks Styles is a better announcer than JR..

"OH MY GOD!!!!" "THIS IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU'LL SEE IN WWE" and "I do much better commentary than Vince. Repeat that about say 25 times throughout the show and you have Styles.

Rodney Mack?

Randy Orton?

Eric Bischoff?

He's been pro-Mack? News to me.

Orton gets his ass kissed by both announcers, doesn't count.

King was anti-Bischoff when JR was fired, because he's a pathetic lost puppy without his buddy JR. What the heel kind of heel announcer is that?

Oh and it's not standard HHH love, with King. Listen to the Mania match. He's ALL OVER Booker T. The Wendy's incident etc. etc.

Okay, I suppose so in that case.

Oh and if you'd LISTEN to him during a Y2J match, he usually defends Jericho. (And Fozzy) The Montreal thing was King towing company line, it doesn't count.

Pardon me, Jericho wrestles 1-2 times a month tops?

And he hates Storm.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Rodney Mack?

Randy Orton?

Eric Bischoff?

He's been pro-Mack? News to me.

Orton gets his ass kissed by both announcers, doesn't count.

King was anti-Bischoff when JR was fired, because he's a pathetic lost puppy without his buddy JR. What the heel kind of heel announcer is that?

Okay, I suppose so in that case.

Pardon me, Jericho wrestles 1-2 times a month tops?

And he hates Storm.

He's always yucking it up with Long and calling JR a "hata." Don't you listen?

He was anti-Bisch for a few weeks, but it was business as usual afterwards. He's always sucking up to Eazy E.

Oh and both announcers suck up to Orton, but JR "DAMNS HIM TO HELL" and King condones his interference and cheating. THAT'S a heel announcer.

For what it's worth, I liked Vince as a commentator. While he didn't know all of the holds, he was always excited and didn't seem to take himself too seriously, as he would poke fun at himself every now and then. Plus, I mark for the "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK BODY DROP!" :)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

He doesn't HATE Storm BTW, he's furthuring the "boring" angle. He makes fun of him. Plus, Storm just turned face anyway.

Oh and he LOVES Nowinski. (When Nowinski was on RAW. Damn you Molly Holly)

I don't get the Coach hate. he's not bad when he's allowed to call a match. The problem is that heat is basically the hard sell for the next night's Raw, and even Gordon Solie couldn't call a match if he were working with Lawler today

He doesn't HATE Storm BTW, he's furthuring the "boring" angle. He makes fun of him. Plus, Storm just turned face anyway.

Oh and he LOVES Nowinski. (When Nowinski was on RAW. Damn you Molly Holly)

Not Molly's fault she didn't know where that angle was going ahead of time.

Storm was a heel, so he should have supported him, rather than ripping him apart. That angle was pointless and they're trying to rescue it with Goldust.

And being so attached to JR isn't heel-like. Changing his mind a week later is even worse because it's inconsistent.

Bottom line--he's a face announcer who acts like a heel announcer sometimes. He's inconsistent, and is pathetically a JR kiss-ass. JR sucks too for kissing the ass of Evolution when he should be ripping into them for being jackasses.