TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

So Who Attacked Brock?

Guest Anglesault
Ah yes, because the EMTs are clearly where the focus is in this angle... Going back to explain a detail so minor would just be stupid. Who cares?

I do.

I'm tired of being treated like a moron with a two minute attention span.

Guest BionicRedneck

I would say the WWE explaining obvious things like this would be treating you like a moron. Oh, and You are a moron if you didn't get that Brock wasn't attacked.

Guest Anglesault
I would say the WWE explaining obvious things like this would be treating you like a moron. Oh, and You are a moron if you didn't get that Brock wasn't attacked.

Well, either the EMT's were paid off, or Brock somehow tricked them using his years of experience in theatrical acting and his wide and uncanny knowledge of the medical field.

Two options=Not obvious.

Guest Anglesault

I guess you know he answer.

Please enlighten this mark.

How did he get by the EMTs?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If Vince McMahon can manipulate an entire tournament for the WWF Title into the result he wants, and be behind countless conspiricies and heel turns, then it's not a stretch to believe that he could bribe a few EMTS to keep quiet for an hour to fake out one guy.

There you go: Simple, logical, believeable. Vince bribed a few EMTs to just shut up for a half hour.

Guest Anglesault

If Vince McMahon can manipulate an entire tournament for the WWF Title into the result he wants, and be behind countless conspiricies and heel turns, then it's not a stretch to believe that he could bribe a few EMTS to keep quiet for an hour to fake out one guy.

There you go: Simple, logical, believeable. Vince bribed a few EMTs to just shut up for a half hour.

Fine.

Now they have to say that on TV and I'll be happy

Guest BionicRedneck

Great. So you want Vince McMahon to come on TV and do an interview about how he bribed some EMTs. Then you will probably complain when he does because McMahon shouldn't be on TV. Why do you need something explaining when you already know the answer, and it isn't important anyway?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If AS writes a column about this, I'll laugh my ass off.

Guest Anglesault
Great. So you want Vince McMahon to come on TV and do an interview about how he bribed some EMTs. Then you will probably complain when he does because McMahon shouldn't be on TV. 

Well, they're gonna have to do an interview explaining why Brock turned

(You're such a nitpicker! Why can't you just accept that Brock turned for no apparent reason?)

Yes, yes, I know. It's one of my pet peeves, I want a REASON for the turn. I don't want it to be left up to us to guess why he turned

Anyway, in the interview, they can explain how they paid off the EMTs.

Why do you need something explaining when you already know the answer, and it isn't important anyway

Because, like I said, I'm tired of being treated like a moron with no attention span who can't think logically.

Guest BionicRedneck

(You're such a nitpicker! Why can't you just accept that Brock turned for no apparent reason?)

Yes, yes, I know. It's one of my pet peeves, I want a REASON for the turn. I don't want it to be left up to us to guess why he turned

I wasn't talking about why he turned. That is less obvious, and does need explaining. What doesn't need explaining to anyone who isn't a retard is that the "injury" was clearly bogus.

Guest Anglesault

I wasn't talking about why he turned. That is less obvious, and does need explaining. What doesn't need explaining to anyone who isn't a retard is that the "injury" was clearly bogus.

Of course it was bogus.

But again, a bogus injury is picked up by competant EMTs.

And they missed it.

I'd like to know why.

But, wrestling fans are stupid, so why bother trying to have it make sense.

Guest BionicRedneck

If it was "of course" bogus then why did you start a thread asking "Who attacked Brock"?

Because, like I said, I'm tired of being treated like a moron with no attention span who can't think logically.

No, this turn was simply left for the viewer to "put the pieces together". If Vince comes out next week and explains that the EMTS were paid off, it'll give us that feeling of "Ooooh, now it makes SENSE.".

Let's see if and how they explain it next week, before we jump to a conclusion that hasn't even been reached yet.

I see no reason for them to explain at all, I thought this was f'n obvious.

Brock got down on the floor himself, after placing a pipe near him, and waited for someone to come around the corner and see him.

Guest Anglesault
If it was "of course" bogus then why did you start a thread asking "Who attacked Brock"?

It was my No-so-witty way of saying that the WWF neglected to tie a loose end.

Brock got down on the floor himself, after placing a pipe near him, and waited for someone to come around the corner and see him

And hoped the EMTs were too stupid to notice he wasn't hurt, right?

Guest Choken One

Why do you Like to punish your brain AS?

It's something so fucking simple and obvious...and yet you have to look for the most outlandish thing to argue it.

Guest Anglesault
It's something so fucking simple and obvious...

How is it obvious?

Either they were bribed or incompetant.

That's two choices, making it the opposite of obvious.

Of course, because wrestling fans can't think ®, a detail like that can be ignored.

Or something.

Plain and simple.....it was really f'n obvious what happened unless you're either (a) a clueless mark who needs an explanation for painfully obvious setups.......or (b) can't think of anything else to complain about the show, so you start nitpicking dumb shit just to see your own posts all over the place..........unfortunately, I believe AS falls into BOTH categories

Guest JMA

I too think it's a valid complaint. And please, no more of this "D00d, letz bash Anglesault so we'll be kewl~!" He's clearly not a mark either. Complaining a lot (two words, remember that) doesn't make someone a mark. Besides, his complaints are USUALLY valid. Not that he needs any defending.

Anyway, I think there's actually three scenarios:

1: Brock was faking and the EMTs were just downright stupid.

2: Brock was faking and the EMTs were paid off.

3: Vince had the FBI (who were at the scene) rough up Brock to make it look real. Brock would have let them wail on him for a while.

Really, this all would have been settled had the EMT's tried to help Brock and Brock refused their assistance.

So before the match it's like "Oooh, Brock is so big and strong, he doesn't need their help" and after the turn it's like "Oooh, that sneaky Brock knew the EMT's would catch him faking"

I too think it's a valid complaint. And please, no more of this "D00d, letz bash Anglesault so we'll be kewl~!" He's clearly not a mark either. Complaining a lot (two words, remember that) doesn't make someone a mark. Besides, his complaints are USUALLY valid. Not that he needs any defending.

Anyway, I think there's actually three scenarios:

1: Brock was faking and the EMTs were just downright stupid.

2: Brock was faking and the EMTs were paid off.

3: Vince had the FBI (who were at the scene) rough up Brock to make it look real. Brock would have let them wail on him for a while.

Bro, I dont think anyone is bashing AS to seem KEWL as you would say. We can easily say that you're defending him as a nice act of brown nosing to get in his good graces.....You see how silly that is? We're bashing the fact that it's PAINFULLY obvious what happened and it needs NO explanation. Whether they paid off the EMT's or Brock fooled them.....the point is that it was a setup between Brock and Vince....nuff said, case closed

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

JMA, shut up. No one is bashing AS to "be cool." No one's bashing him at all, really. We just think it's rather ridiculous that he's being a petulant brat about this. Explaining every little detail of this turn is insulting to the viewer, and takes away from the turn itself. 90% of the people here think it was rather self-explanitory.

JMA, shut up. No one is bashing AS to "be cool." No one's bashing him at all, really. We just think it's rather ridiculous that he's being a petulant brat about this. Explaining every little detail of this turn is insulting to the viewer, and takes away from the turn itself. 90% of the people here think it was rather self-explanitory.

No disrespect to anyone, but this is one of the most asinine threads, topics, and complaints I've ever seen on a Pro. Wrestling message board since I first got on the internet back in 1998. It's like you are just digging, just pulling things out of WWE's ass just HOPEING to find something to complain about, and it looks rather childish from my point of view.

Guest Adrian 3:16

And you wouldn't say needing pointless exposition to explain something as mind-numbingly obvious as this qualifies as being treated as a moron?

I'd think it was a lot more insulting if they did have to explain it.

No, you want a REAL thing to nitpick about, AS?

Why were the FBI there? The FBI, heels, obviously are supposed to be against the faces. Brock is a face. The FBI have beaten down faces several times in the past 6 months. Why would they care if another good guy was down and not just look at him like "oh, haha"?

Guest ManKinnd

Maybe you weren't paying attention, AS. Tazz comes right out and says that the whole thing was a setup, that Brock was never attacked, that it was used to fool Angle. He tells it just like that.

As for Vince looking surprised then smiling, remember that they had to pretend that they hated each other, so Vince just keeps looking scared until he sees Brock smiling, so he can stop pretending then.