TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PLAGIARISM!

Vince doesn't like Ultimo

"Even though it seems obvious, Vince McMahon has reportedly lost faith in the Ultimo Dragon.

Originally Dragon was set to face Rey Mysterio for the cruiserweight title at Summerslam, but McMahon opted instead to go with the current Rey/Kidman storyline.

McMahon apparently feels that the Dragon doesn't connect with the live crowd like he expects, and doesn't work the WWE style."

- torch

Gotta agree, haven't seen a spinebuster yet...

There's a bigger problem than this.

Ultimo's been around for a while. He's really not a fresh face for anyone who watched WCW.

Vince already has Spanky and is getting Paul London and all signs point to him not doing JACK with either of them. I mean, what's the point?

I don't mind the WWE style shit. It's kind of boring, but if you're familiar with the history of this company you'll know that it's nothing new and whining won't make it go away. We've seen this since Steamboat was told to slow it down for Hogan, folks. Any high flyer or technical wizard to get hired knows they're going to be facing this.

The problem is that supposedly even VINCE knows that he needs to push younger guys, and he has all these guys sitting around on Velocity for the most part.

The age of the lucha is long gone...

Edited by Only The Strong Survive

Guest MissMattitude

How in the world does Vince expect him to get over when he doesn't even use him :huh:

As usual, Vince is a fucking idiot. Apparantly, he's deaf also since he can't seem to hear the pop Ultimo gets when he comes out.

As usual, Vince is a fucking idiot. Apparantly, he's deaf also since he can't seem to hear the pop Ultimo gets when he comes out.

To be fair, a lot of that is due to his impressive entrance.

Still, Vince is a dumbass.

So they stick him in 3 minute matches one of which was cut short by interference from Billy Gunn wasn't it? Yeah that will help get him over.

He has a swank finisher that he used in that first WWE match. He also used some pretty nice reversals. Put him in a longer match and watch him go.

This is such crap. Vince seemingly is going to shoot down every good thing that comes into WWE.

Guest Choken One

I don't even recall Dragon being so popular in WCW either...

Sure, he was a heel for his tenure but everyone else was going

"Rey, Jericho, Juvy, Kidman" U didn't hear much acclaim for Dragon...

I seriously must put Dragon as one of *THE* most over rated or over IWC hyped performers around.

Guest wrestlingbs

I find it funny that Rey Mysterio debuts, works a toned down version of his style, and the guy becomes famous. Yet Vinces hates new guys not working WWE style when the one guy who was different got over huge.

Guest Choken One

However...You can make the arguement that at least Vince has not tried to bury Rey. (that two A-Train thing doesn't count)

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I don't understand people who bemoan Vince's 'WWE style' when he has made him so much money over the years.

Plus, I personally haven't been that impressed with Ultmo Dragon since his debut. To me, nothing has made him stand out (although I do like his finisher).

Guest Choken One

Because this people don't care if vince made money...

They care about 'petty' shit like work rate..

Silly goat

"I don't understand people who bemoan Vince's 'WWE style' when he has made him so much money over the years."

Because everything is stale.

Turning a profit is something that Vince has to worry about...not me.

I have to worry about being entertained.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

But surely you (and the masses) being entertained and Vince making money must somehow be linked (in a wider macro-economical sense)?

Plus, I'd be interested to know if people think RVD works WWE style?

I think he doesn't (and as a result, will never be seen as a main eventer).

Guest wildpegasus

Quote webmasterofwrestlegame:

"I don't understand people who bemoan Vince's "WWE style" when he has made him so much money over the years."

Who's to say that a different style wouldn't make him even more money? Quite frankly, the WWE style is horrable. It just seems to be an excuse for wrestlers not to show up Vince's boys.

And what's with the Dragon bashing on the board here? The guy hasn't even been given a chance yet and there are people all over him. Let him at least get a half hearted chance to prove himself if it comes about. Otherwise, you don't have anything to critisize yet.

As usual, Vince is a fucking idiot.  Apparantly, he's deaf also since he can't seem to  hear the pop Ultimo gets when he comes out.

You R soooooo right. First he has WCW and ECW's fate right in the palm of his hand and then throws it right in the trash can :angry: . And now this!!!!!!!!!!! I know these are not one of Vince's creations but WTF!

Guest wildpegasus

Quote RRR

"I have a feeling that Vince never seen a Ultimo Dragon match until his Smackdown debut in MSG."

Bingo! Remember Mick Foley's book? Vince wasn't even familiar with Mick's work. I also remember some kind of interview with Douglas and someone else where they were talking about how surprised Vince was at how good Benoit's skill level was. Vince wasn't even familiar with him!

I thought the WWE talent guys would watch a match of whoever and if they're impressed, they'll call him up for offer. That's how I always it worked. :huh:

Guest Sakura

Is Vince the worst businessman ever or what? I could have told him that Ultimo doesn't work "The WWE Style" before he signed him. What a loser.

Guest BionicRedneck
I seriously must put Dragon as one of *THE* most over rated or over IWC hyped performers around.

With guys like Shawn Michaels, RVD, Edge and Kurt Angle around, Ultimo is not even close to making that list.

I hate McMahon so fucking much.

That's it. This is the last straw. From now on, I actively cheer AGAINST the WWE signing anyone good, i.e. London / Spanky. Cause it just hurts me too much to see them piss away their careers wrestling on a nothing show like Velocity.

Guest Trivia247

the fans....whom wants to see whats left of the dying medium of Pro Wrestling wrestling, wants to see...WRESTLING too, aside the necrophiliac pyromanian mental cases that you put on for goooood tv.