TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PLAGIARISM!

Vince doesn't like Ultimo

Guest wrestlingbs
Quote RRR

"I have a feeling that Vince never seen a Ultimo Dragon match until his Smackdown debut in MSG."

Bingo! Remember Mick Foley's book? Vince wasn't even familiar with Mick's work. I also remember some kind of interview with Douglas and someone else where they were talking about how surprised Vince was at how good Benoit's skill level was. Vince wasn't even familiar with him!

That pretty much was the whole problem with the Invasion. Vince didn't watch WCW so he had no idea of how to focus on the positive aspects of the product (different in-ring style, different wrestlers) and no idea of how to recognise the negative aspects (letting "veterans" run the show, idiotic idea after idiotic idea).

I think Vince lets people like Patterson and JR look at other promotions and wrestlers. Thus it isn't what the WWE fans want or even what Vince wants, it's what his scouts want (which is probably why JR hired Nathane Jones).

Guest Blackston
I hate McMahon so fucking much.

That's it. This is the last straw. From now on, I actively cheer AGAINST the WWE signing anyone good, i.e. London / Spanky. Cause it just hurts me too much to see them piss away their careers wrestling on a nothing show like Velocity.

I agree completely. I mean, I am a professional wrestling fan, and all of my favorite wrestlers should be competing in ROH and NWA:TNA only. It doesn't matter if those promotions only get a couple hundred people to come out to their major shows, and have no realistic chance at getting a nationally syndicated television show. At least I will know that my favorite wrestler has a chance of possibly being a world champion of a fake wrestling league, instead of spending the next couple years jobbing to some bum on Jakked (a nationally televised show... BTW). Finally, my favorite wrestler shouldn't have the opportunity to make any money by practicing his craft... Instead of working for the WWE and making a pretty good living, I think that my favorite wrestler should slave away for ROH, and have to live right above the poverty line... And god forbid my favorite wrestler go to the WWE, because then (just like I did to all my favorite wrestlers in ECW) I will chant "You sold out!" at them, because that is what the cool guys that go to the shows do.

I agree completely.  I mean, I am a professional wrestling fan, and all of my favorite wrestlers should be competing in ROH and NWA:TNA only.  It doesn't matter if those promotions only get a couple hundred people to come out to their major shows, and have no realistic chance at getting a nationally syndicated television show.  At least I will know that my favorite wrestler has a chance of possibly being a world champion of a fake wrestling league, instead of spending the next couple years jobbing to some bum on Jakked (a nationally televised show... BTW).  Finally, my favorite wrestler shouldn't have the opportunity to make any money by practicing his craft...  Instead of working for the WWE and making a pretty good living, I think that my favorite wrestler should slave away for ROH, and have to live right above the poverty line...  And god forbid my favorite wrestler go to the WWE, because then (just like I did to all my favorite wrestlers in ECW) I will chant "You sold out!" at them, because that is what the cool guys that go to the shows do.

I agree with you too. It's great seeing those no-talents Spanky and Paul London not going anywhere, along with that other untalented hack Ultimo Dragon getting only 3 minute matches, and, just like all the other indy no-talents, being forced to work the WWE style, while Big Show FINALLY gets his time to shine once again in the main-events. Big Show for WWE Champ, baby!

I hate McMahon so fucking much.

That's it. This is the last straw. From now on, I actively cheer AGAINST the WWE signing anyone good, i.e. London / Spanky. Cause it just hurts me too much to see them piss away their careers wrestling on a nothing show like Velocity.

I agree completely. I mean, I am a professional wrestling fan, and all of my favorite wrestlers should be competing in ROH and NWA:TNA only. It doesn't matter if those promotions only get a couple hundred people to come out to their major shows, and have no realistic chance at getting a nationally syndicated television show. At least I will know that my favorite wrestler has a chance of possibly being a world champion of a fake wrestling league, instead of spending the next couple years jobbing to some bum on Jakked (a nationally televised show... BTW). Finally, my favorite wrestler shouldn't have the opportunity to make any money by practicing his craft... Instead of working for the WWE and making a pretty good living, I think that my favorite wrestler should slave away for ROH, and have to live right above the poverty line... And god forbid my favorite wrestler go to the WWE, because then (just like I did to all my favorite wrestlers in ECW) I will chant "You sold out!" at them, because that is what the cool guys that go to the shows do.

*Yawn*....are you finished yet? Same tired argument. Your act is nothing new kid.

I don't care how they use Paul London. London has said that this is his dream to be in WWE and I'm happy for him

Once he finds out how WWE "uses" him though, he'll be going from "This is a dream come true, I've always wanted to wrestle in WWE since I was 11" to "Damn, I'm jobbing every week to A-Train, jobbing with Spanky in tag team matches, and I've also got some lame gimmick of carrying around a toy Big Ben clock just because my last name sounds like a famous town in the country of England. I hope I can go back to ROH where I can prosper once again."

yeah his finisher will go from the London Calling to being a spinebuster called the "blimey."

It's funny because it's true. Although I've never seen him wrestle, I've heard his shooting star press is better than Kidman's. Who do you think will get to keep it as a finisher?

yeah his finisher will go from the London Calling to being a spinebuster called the "blimey."

More like "The Bloody Spinebuster with a Cup of Regal's Soiled Tea". Hell, why doesn't WWE just go all out and make London speak in a fake British accent.

London:"My wud, wrestling in WWE is awesome, jolly ol' chap!"

It's funny because it's true. Although I've never seen him wrestle, I've heard his shooting star press is better than Kidman's. Who do you think will get to keep it as a finisher?

KIDman(emphasis on kid) of course.

More like "The Bloody Spinebuster with a Cup of Regal's Soiled Tea". Hell, why doesn't WWE just go all out and make London speak in a fake British accent.

London:"My wud, wrestling in WWE is awesome, jolly ol' chap!"

Come on, can't you see Josh Matthews calling a match on Velocity (where else) and saying "But whatever will happen to Stephanie? I think it's a bunch of crap. And he calls that move the Blimey, that'll do it for Johnny Jeter here."

He has a swank finisher that he used in that first WWE match.

I love that finisher but it requires that someone give him a suplex for him to reverse it.

It would seem from a markish point of view that if someone laid off the damn suplexes, he could never hit his finisher.

He has a swank finisher that he used in that first WWE match.

I love that finisher but it requires that someone give him a suplex for him to reverse it.

It would seem from a markish point of view that if someone laid off the damn suplexes, he could never hit his finisher.

Maybe he could move closer to the ropes and push off, but that would be too close to a Sliced Bread #2.

I don't care how they use Paul London. London has said that this is his dream to be in WWE and I'm happy for him

Problem is once Vince decides he doesn't care about the guy he will fade off and eventually be let go like Ultimo probably will.

So once he's let go he not only is the guy who showed up in WWE and did nothing, but he's also the guy who wasn't good enough for WWE in a lot of marks' eyes.

Yay...living your dream...only to have it mess up your credibility.

Posting this on the Smart Marks board may be a dangerous move, but lets face it, Ultimo isn't performing nearly as good as other talent. He botches a few spots per match, something that shouldn't be existant in pro wrestling. He is sloppy, his finisher isn't very realistic because he needs the other guy to help so much. I saw him live, and they gave him a good amount of time for his match, and it really did not impress me. I am not surprised he isn't getting pushed.

HOWEVER

To not push him because he doesn't work the WWE style is stupid. If he wasn't getting pushed because he can't work a match at all, then it would make more sense.

There, I said it, Ultimo sucks.

Kidman's SSP sucks, so I wouldn't be suprised.

Ultimo should've gotten the SS match with Rey. Then he could've busted out some of the real Dragon. Maybe they could have a non-WWE cruiserweight match. Hell he could bust out the Dragon Sleeper...oh I'm sorry that's the Taker Care of Business. Forgot he probably can't use it.

Ultimo should've gotten the SS match with Rey. Then he could've busted out some of the real Dragon. Maybe they could have a non-WWE cruiserweight match. Hell he could bust out the Dragon Sleeper...oh I'm sorry that's the Taker Care of Business. Forgot he probably can't use it.

I hate Taker using it, but he stopped using it, thank God.

Could they have picked a worse name for it? When you have a move that's name is based on a song used in Office Max commercials, IT IS EXTREMELY UNCOOL!

However, I'm not particularly attached to the move. It's still a sleeper--unless they have opponents tap out to it which is just stupid. It's not a unique or cool submission to me.

Guest Kamui
I agree completely.  I mean, I am a professional wrestling fan, and all of my favorite wrestlers should be competing in ROH and NWA:TNA only.  It doesn't matter if those promotions only get a couple hundred people to come out to their major shows, and have no realistic chance at getting a nationally syndicated television show.

Actually, ROH drew over a thousand paid to their last show, Death Before Dishonor in New Jersey (and yes, I know because I was THERE), but thanks for playing.

At least I will know that my favorite wrestler has a chance of possibly being a world champion of a fake wrestling league, instead of spending the next couple years jobbing to some bum on Jakked (a nationally televised show... BTW).

It's actually Velocity now, and isn't TNA kind of shown nationally too, on PPV? Your arguement makes no sense.

Finally, my favorite wrestler shouldn't have the opportunity to make any money by practicing his craft...  Instead of working for the WWE and making a pretty good living, I think that my favorite wrestler should slave away for ROH, and have to live right above the poverty line...

What about the countless reports from former WWE low-carders who have been making almost the same amount of money by doing TNA and then booking their own independant dates? You're acting like the WWE is still at its peak- it's not.

And god forbid my favorite wrestler go to the WWE, because then (just like I did to all my favorite wrestlers in ECW) I will chant "You sold out!" at them, because that is what the cool guys that go to the shows do.

Once again, I was at the ROH show, Death Before Dishonor, that was London's last show, and not a single fucking person chante "You sould out!" at London. In fact, the entire locker room came out to the ring to wish him luck, and the fans gave a STANDING OVATION while chanting "THANK YOU LONDON!". And you can say it was some kind of contrived moment like the Tazz-ECW thing, but you'd be wrong, as they were cheering for him from the beginning of his match to the end of the show.

Show me a WWE event where anything like that has ever happened before, otherwise kindly shut the hell up.

-Duo

KIDman(emphasis on kid) of course.

They should create an angle over that, not unlike the Glacier/Perry Saturn Feud over the Cryonic Kick.

Dragon's held down, London will be held down, damn Vince, Taker's bad for taking a common move like the Dragon Sleeper even though I've seen Benoit use it plenty of times before but that's alright because it's the ALMIGHTY Chris Benoit, workrate good...

*yawn* Heard it all before.

And WWE style is to protect the hosses sure. But what if Dragon does start doing great moves, and the Cruisers all start using more innovative and dangerous moves. Eventually that's all the crowd will want to see. And...eventually someone will try so hard to impress the crowd that he'll damn near kill himself. Don't believe me? New Jack has gradually got more and more crazy with his balcony dives through his career, to the point he nearly killed himself at Living Dangerously. Shane McMahon's the same. King of the Ring 2001, he did crazy shit because he had to upstage his Summerslam jump against Blackman and then against Big Show with the elbow. Not to mention Hell in a Cell, which they've had to tone down...'oh no it's not tone down it's make WWE stlye Vince sux!'

Sure Dragon should be pushed higher. But he's not. So...meh.

I agree with that.

...to a point.

This is that point.

The WWE is down... a lot... there needs to be something to freshen the product. They've done nearly everything creatively to do that and it hasn't worked - it's about fucking time to stop limiting your wrestlers.

Guest croweater

Ultimo should have come straiight in and set WWE on fire in a big feud with Rey. Their WCW matches are some of my all time favourites and I would give one of them in particular the 5* treatment. Ultimo Dragon is awesome and can work great matches but at the moment Vince isn't letting him. Hopefully they are just keeping a feud between him and Rey for Wrestlemania.

Dragon's held down, London will be held down, damn Vince, Taker's bad for taking a common move like the Dragon Sleeper even though I've seen Benoit use it plenty of times before but that's alright because it's the ALMIGHTY Chris Benoit, workrate good...

*yawn* Heard it all before.

And WWE style is to protect the hosses sure. But what if Dragon does start doing great moves, and the Cruisers all start using more innovative and dangerous moves. Eventually that's all the crowd will want to see. And...eventually someone will try so hard to impress the crowd that he'll damn near kill himself. Don't believe me? New Jack has gradually got more and more crazy with his balcony dives through his career, to the point he nearly killed himself at Living Dangerously. Shane McMahon's the same. King of the Ring 2001, he did crazy shit because he had to upstage his Summerslam jump against Blackman and then against Big Show with the elbow. Not to mention Hell in a Cell, which they've had to tone down...'oh no it's not tone down it's make WWE stlye Vince sux!'

Sure Dragon should be pushed higher. But he's not. So...meh.

He doesn't have to do more dangerous moves. He just needs to do what he does best. In WCW when the cruisers were at their height the crowd wasn't clammoring for anyone to kill themselves.

Fans start wanting to see wrestlers kill themselves when you've got Shane jumping off TitanTrons and crap like that.

Edited by LaParkaYourCar

Guest Deviant

I separate my feelings towards guys like London and Spanky personally and as a fan. Personally, it's great to see them with a WWE contract, living their dreams.

But as a fan, it sucks. It is the reason I fear the day I read "Christopher Daniels signs with WWE" or similar headlines for AJ Styles, Low Ki and others. It's because I know that they will debut, have fan support, get two or three matches on SD before being made to look like utter crap as insignificant bystanders on SD, jobber and stars of B-shows. It's selfish, but I don't care. I would prefer to see real athletes actually getting to show it, rather than being ruined on national TV.

Guest Trivia247

Oh so heres the question then for those who also watch Puro. How does the NJPW do it, having a Juniorweight division and a heavyweight division and the two seems to work seemlessly together.

Vince probably doesn't wanna hear the answer