TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest El Satanico

The ONE and ONLY fantasy football thread

Yeah, there are less than 10 teams, as a matter of fact, there are 8. The limit was 10, but only 8 joined.

3 people showed up for the live draft (I was one of the three) others preranked and had their picks autopicked. There were quite a few silly picks made throughout the draft, and some of the talented players fell to rounds even I couldn't believe they fell to.

I'm gonna end up trading several of those guys as it is.

Edited by Agent_Bond34

What do you think of my current team? I'm also looking to drop Michael Wiley and Anquan Boldin for a couple guys on waiver too

QB's

Tom Brady

Trent Green

WR's

Randy Moss

Isaac Bruce

Kevin Johnson

Charles Rogers

RB

Deuce McAllister

T.J. Duckett

Kevin Faulk

TE

Anthony Becht

Chad Lewis

Bench

RB Larry Johnson

QB A.J. Feely

TE Bennie Joppru

WR Anquan Boldin

RB Michael Wiley

QB Rex Grossman

TE Mark Bruener

WR MarTay Jenkins

K

Adam Vinatieri

Phil Dawson(Acquired in Trade for K Neil Rackers and WR Marc Boerigter)

Bench

John Kasay

DEF

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

The Keeper league has 10 teams currently which, if no one else is interested would work just fine (if 2 more people want to sign up to get 12 then feel free to). Im still waiting on the live draft feature, trying to hold off from having to do an AIM draft as a last resort. the good news is that they recently added individual defensive player option, which was one of their 4th batch site enhancments (as was the live draft). If you want the IDP let me know and I'll set it up. I think with a small league its not really necessary.

Im also working on a site to put up on geocities, although thats kinda been put on the back burner with my computer problems as of late.

Guest El Satanico
WR's

Randy Moss

Isaac Bruce

Kevin Johnson

Charles Rogers

Bench

RB Larry Johnson

QB A.J. Feely

TE Bennie Joppru

WR Anquan Boldin

RB Michael Wiley

QB Rex Grossman

TE Mark Bruener

WR MarTay Jenkins

WRS-

Drop Kevin Johnson and get Quincy Morgan if he's on waivers because he'll be the top Browns WR. Honestly, all Browns WRs will suck for Fantasy Football. They have at least 4 good WRs who will get catches, which hurts fantasy points of all of them

I'd drop Charles Rogers too. Rookie WRs struggle and he has to learn the west coast offense with a second year QB. There has to be a WR on waivers that will provide you with better stability.

Bench-

Unless this is a large league, you should be able to use the waivers to upgrade your bench which is a little weak.

Guest two_tuff_toddy

I just had my fantasy draft and here's my team. What do you think?

QB - Peyton Manning (IND)

QB - Drew Bledsoe (BUF)

WR - Randy Moss (MIN)

WR - David Boston (SD)

WR - Tim Brown (OAK)

WR - Marty Booker (CHI)

RB - Ricky Williams (MIA)

RB - Travis Henry (BUF)

RB - Anthony Thomas (CHI)

TE - Alge Crumpler (ATL)

TE - Randy McMichael (MIA)

K - David Akers (PHI)

K - Paul Edinger (CHI)

DEF - Miami

DEF - New England

I think I'm going to get rid of Edinger to pick up another RB since they are always a necessity in Fantasy Football. I can alwaysd just grab another kicker later if Akers goes down or the Eagles aren't playing that week.

Well I had my work draft today and COMPLETELY forgot about and didn't even get a chance to make up my list but it looks like I got a few good players.

QBs - Chad Pennington, Mark Brunell

RBs - LaDainian Tomlison, Travis Henry, Antowain Smith

WR - Issac Bruce, Laveranues Coles, Ike Hilliard

TE - Todd Heap, Kyle Brady

K - Jeff Reed, Paul Edinger

DEF - Miami, Washington

D - Jimmy Williams

Peyton Manning is useless if you do not have Marvin Harrison to double up the TDs.  Trade Manning for some WRs and another QB. 

It depends on the scoring system. If passing TDs are equal to rushing/receiving TDs in your league, then Manning is the top QB on the board because of better health and better talent around him then McNabb. Otherwise, he is down at #4 (behind McNabb, Culpepper & Vick) but still more consistant than those guys. I wouldn't get rid of him. I assume you are playing with less than 20 teams since you got 4 guys that should have been drafted in the top 20 (Williams, Henry, Moss & Manning). Tim Brown is finished and Adrian Peterson is going to steal A-Train's job. Everybody else is fine, assuming Boston stays healthy this year.

The reason I dislike Manning and think he is overrated is because of his INTs. Manning was 3rd in INTs made in the 2002 season.

If the 4000 yards passing is what you want, go for Bledsoe or Brady or Gannon in non keeper leagues.

If the 4000 yards passing is what you want, go for Bledsoe or Brady or Gannon in non keeper leagues.

How can Brady be mentioned in the same breath as 4000 yard passers, if he has never thrown for 4000 yards in his career?

I just conducted the draft for the keeper league seeing as though we filled the league with 12 teams..

-----

Draft Order Conducted by the League Admin (Marvin) at 1:00 am, August 13th, 2003.

Each team was assigned a number, 1-12 at random. These numbers were imput into

randomizer.org and the draft order was obtained by running their research ramdomizer script.

Which gives us the Smart Marks 2003 FFL Draft Order:

12. Team Bad Ass (DangerousA)

11. Palookaville Psychos (Bps "The Truth" 21)

10. Johnsonville Jumbo Sized Hot Dogs (??)

9. Los Guerreros (razazteca)

8, Roswell Aliens (El Satanico)

7. Woodsville Womanizers (??)

6. Marvin's Madness (MarvinisaLunatic)

5. Metaluna Mutants (Kingpk)

4. Darkside Dominators (Dr. Tom)

3. Tyler's Trogdor Burminators (Tyler McClelland)

2. Pogo the Monkey (AgentBond34)

1. The Whalers on the Moon (the pinjockey)

Good Luck!

(I cant figure out who Woodsivlle and the Hotdogs teams owners are from the owner info and whats been posted here..someone speak up..)

Schedules will be up soon as well ( I have to do them week by week so it will take a while.

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Has the draft time and day been set?

Im holding out for the live draft, but I think that the latest that we should is the 23rd or so. Specific time wise, its any time that we can get the most people on to do it so I'll leave that open to everyone else.

I'd also like to add they would start using the league forum instead of this one for most league discussion (it will be easier to keep track of)

The League Forum (Full Page Size)

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

My Draft from another league earlier today:

4th Pick overall (out of 16 teams)

1 LaDainian Tomlinson (RB-SD)

2 David Boston (WR-SD)

3 Peerless Price (WR-ATL)

4 Drew Bledsoe (QB-BUF)

5 Laveranues Coles (WR-WAS)

6 Darrell Jackson (WR-SEA)

7 Mike Vanderjagt (K-IND)

8 Baltimore Defense

9 Zach Crockett (RB-OAK)

10 Jake Plummer (QB-DEN)

11 Matt Stover (K-BAL)

12 Kyle Brady (TE-JAX)

13 Julius Peppers (DL-CAR)

14 Eddie Kennison (WR-KC)

15 Lance Schulters (DB-MIA)

Aside from the fact that I only have 1 RB (although hes a top 3 RB) and Zach Crockett will score TDs and be a passable bye week starter, I feel my team is good.

Trade one of your 1000 yard WRs for a RB and search the waiver list for better defense players.

I only have 2 1000 yard recievers (last years stats anyway) in Price and Coles. Kennison had 906 yards but only 2 TDs, Jackson had 877 and 4 TDs and Boston had 512 and 1 TD in limited action.

Theres only 1 team in position to trade a RB for a WR (has Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Moe Williams and Tyrone Wheatley at RB, and Issac Bruce, Tai Streets and David Terrell at WR).

I wonder if I can get Jamal Lewis for either Jackson or Coles..?

I'd think about shipping off Coles. I don't think Coles is going to put up the same kind of numbers as he did last year, and he still has "name" value. He might be willing to part for Lewis with that, or maybe in a package with Crockett.

Coles for Jamal Lewis straight up was accepted and Im allready hearing crap about the trade being unfair. As far as I can tell, Coles will have a better year than 2 of his WR (Streets and Terrell) and he's still got Ahman Green as a starter and Moe Williams/Tyrone Wheatley.

Just had my draft earlier tonight, tell me what you think about my team.

QB

Rich Gannon, Tom Brady

RB

Ricky Williams, Charlie Garner, Stacey Mack

WR

Donte Stallworth, Rod Gardner, Isaac Bruce, Darrel Jackson, Dennis Northcut

TE

Todd Heap

K

John Carney, Morten Andersen

DEF

Philadelphia, NYJ

Guest El Satanico
RB

Ricky Williams, Charlie Garner, Stacey Mack

WR

Donte Stallworth, Rod Gardner, Isaac Bruce, Darrel Jackson, Dennis Northcut

RBs are alittle weak:

Garner isn't the focus of Oakland and Mack is useless until Fred Taylor gets hurt. If Ricky stumbles any you'll be in trouble as he's carrying this position

WRs are alittle weak too:

Darrel Jackson is the only #1 WR you have and that could change if Koren Robinson breaks out. This group of players can score good points on any weekend, but they won't be consistent.

Stacy Mack is starting for the Houston Texans now but I have to agree with you that Fred Taylor does suck. Also Charlie Garnder had 900 yard rushing and receiving plus he had 91 receptions, but this preseason he is having leg problems and missed a few games.

The WRs are full of sleepers and if return yardage is counted Northcut could have a big season.

Guest El Satanico

Oh really, hmm I didn't know that about Mack.

Stallworth, Gardner and Bruce can't really be called sleepers. Everyone with football knowledge knows them. Like I said all three of them are very capable of putting up big numbers any week, but barring injury they won't be very consistent. Yes if returns factor into their points Northcutt will be a big scorer most weeks.