TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest El Satanico

The ONE and ONLY fantasy football thread

Bruce had a dissappointing season last year and is playing with Tory Holt who is the #1 WR for the Rams. Garnder plays for the Redskins, nuff said, he suffers the same fate of playing for a team with a questionable QB and with good WRs. Stallworth has injury problems and plays with Joe Horn. Out of the 3 only Garnder is considered the #1 option in passing plays. Also I think Stallworth is the best receiver of the bunch, if he can play the full season.

Just finished the WDI league draft, here's my squad:

QB - Rich Gannon, Tommy Maddox

RB - Priest Holmes, Amos Zereoue, Warrick Dunn, Lamont Jordan, Zack Crockett

WR - Hines Ward, Peerless Price, Ashley Lelie, Curtis Conway, Drew Bennett, Bryant Johnson

TE - Bubba Franks, Christian Fauria

K - Adam Vinatieri

DEF - New England, New Orleans

Guest Flyboy

Here's how mine win:

QB: Peyton Manning, Jay Fielder (Bench)

HB: DEUCE~ McAllister, Garrison Hearst, James Mungro (Bench)

WR: Jerry Porter, Marty Booker, Andre Johnson, Dennis Northcutt (Bench), Laveranues Coles (Bench), Marc Boerighter (Bench), Antonio Bryant

TE: Jeremy Shockey, Ernie Conwell (Bench), Mikhael Ricks (Bench)

K:: John Carney

DEF: Pittsburgh, Chicago

Just finished the WDI league draft, here's my squad:

QB - Rich Gannon, Tommy Maddox

RB - Priest Holmes, Amos Zereoue, Warrick Dunn, Lamont Jordan, Zack Crockett

WR - Hines Ward, Peerless Price, Ashley Lelie, Curtis Conway, Drew Bennett, Bryant Johnson

TE - Bubba Franks, Christian Fauria

K - Adam Vinatieri

DEF - New England, New Orleans

I hate this team. Gannon is good, but you probably wasted a pick on him when you could have had someone else. Maddox is sufficient as a starting QB. Holmes is injury-prone and you didn't handcuff him to backup Larry Johnson. Your other WR could be riding pine for much of the year. Price & Conway are due for a setback, and Hines Ward (your top WR) may not even be the best WR on his own team production-wise. Lelie is useless unless he starts. Shannahan rarely uses his third WR. Plus you committed the #1 sin in fantasy football, you drafted a Cardinal. Franks will lose TDs to Walls, and Fauria isn't good enough to start weekly. The kicker and defense are fine. Honestly, I would be extremely pissed if I came out with this team. Your only sure thing is your QB, and even there you shouldn't expect him to repeat last year's numbers.

....and my WDI team, the Hawaii Warriors -

Brees, Drew (QB-SD)

Griese, Brian (QB-Mia)

Plummer, Jake (QB-Den)

Dillon, Corey (RB-Cin)

Green, Ahman (RB-GB)

Johnson, Larry (RB-KC)

Williams, Ricky (RB-Mia)

Boston, David (WR-SD)

McCaffrey, Ed (WR-Den)

Pinkston, Todd (WR-Phi)

Rogers, Charles (WR-Det)

Walker, Javon (WR-GB)

Becht, Anthony (TE-YJ)

Johnson, Eric (TE-SF)

Elam, Jason (K-Den)

Longwell, Ryan (K-GB)

DEF - Baltimore

DEF - Jacksonville

Please evaluate if you wish.

Guest El Satanico
....and my WDI team, the Hawaii Warriors -

Brees, Drew (QB-SD)

Griese, Brian (QB-Mia)

Plummer, Jake (QB-Den)

Boston, David (WR-SD)

McCaffrey, Ed (WR-Den)

Pinkston, Todd (WR-Phi)

Rogers, Charles (WR-Det)

Walker, Javon (WR-GB)

Your QBs could be weak. With Marty Ball in town, even with Boston it's hard to tell if Brees will get to pass enough to make you good points. Plummer may struggle at first and barring injury Griese is useless.

Your WRs could be weak as well. Boston's production relies on how much Brees is allowed to pass. Javon Walker needs to win the #2 spot to be worth starting. McCaffrey will lose his starting job to Ashley Lelie. Can't expect too much from Charles Rogers given his situation. Todd Pinkston could be your only consistent WR and that's not a good situation to be in.

Well I am SCREWED~ now that my #1 pick has a broken leg :angry: why must the Ravens break Micheal Vick's leg? I am stuck with Kordell Stewart and the Falcons backup Johnson which I just picked up. My team went from average to crap after one preseason game that meant nothing.

I filled in tonight in my friends league and think my team turned out pretty good this time around.

QB - Daunte Culpepper, Tom Brady

RB - Deuce McAllister, Priest Holmes, Anthony Thomas, Deuce Staley, Antowain Smith

WR - Eric Moulds, Marty Booker, Jerry Porter, Chris Chambers, Santana Moss

TE - Todd Heap, Billy Miller

K - John Carney, Joe Nedney

DEF - Philadelphia

For the keeper league, it looks like they are close to adding the live draft feature so Im optimistic that we will be able to do a live draft. It might be cutting it a bit close to the start of the season, but that might be a good thing considering potential injuries in the upcoming preseason games.

Here's my picks from my 14 team keeper league. Bear in mind that, for the most part, all the starting RBs have been kept from the previous season.

* indicates kept from last season

QB - Steve McNair*, Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer

WR - Amani "It's not a" Toomer, Santana Moss, Dennis Northcutt, Brian Finneran, Az-Zahir Hakim, Bryant Johnson

RB - Amos Zeroue*, Tiki Barber*, Michael Pittman

TE - Alge Crumpler, Eric Johnson

K - Mike Vanderjagt*, Phil Dawson

D - Green Bay*, Jacksonville

O - Philadelphia, San Francisco

Special Teams - Oakland, California

Anyways, this is not a top tier team by any stretch of the imagination, but I've got some guys that should be pretty decent next year (Palmer, Zeroue, B Johnson). Of course, I can only protect 1 QB, so if I still have McNair and Palmer by the end of season I'll have an interesting dilemma.

And if the Giants don't do well I'm kinda screwed. It wasn't intentional on my part, but I needed a backup QB and Collins happened to be the best one available at the time.

Offensive Line? Who does that work?

Basically it's where you lose points for giving up sacks, and that's about it.

Not surprisingly, Houston was not chosen in the draft...

Guest El Satanico

Here's my latest yahoo 12 team league team.

I was the commish and I got the league set up late and had to do an autopick draft.

QB: Kurt Warner, Jay Fieldler

RB: Edgerrin James, Travis Henry, Amos Zereoue, Onterrio Smith, James Stewart

WR: Joe Horn, Chad Johnson, Marty Booker, Chris Chambers, Antwaan Randle El

TE: Doug Jolley, Daniel Graham

DEF: Philly, San Diego

K: Martin Gramatica, Josh Brown

TE is my weak link and I can live with that, unless I can find someone with two good TEs to trade with.

I may release the second DEF and K if I find good players in FA.

EDIT: I've just offered one team a trade of James Stewart, Antwaan Randle El and Daniel Graham for Billy Miller. To another team I offered a trade of Stewart, Randle El and Doug Jolley for Alge Crumpler.

Edited by El Satanico

Are you saying that you are giving up 3 players for 1 TE? The Tight End spot is not worth giving up 3 players for, you might be able to find a decent TE on the waivers Campbell of the Cowboys, the new Steelers TE Jay Reindoeiruaow, Or whoever is the Patriots TE.

Guest El Satanico

Well I'll probably replace Randle El any way and the TE i trade for will replace the TE i sent packing in the trade.

So basically, I'm just trading James Stewart for a TE. James Stewart despite being a starting RB isn't that great. Besides I currently have 6 RBs.

I also cut the extra kicker and defense and picked up Dennis Northcutt and Thomas Jones.

Edited by El Satanico

You should keep Randle El as he did well in the recent preseason game and looks to be a starter. Just trade a Def, Kicker or TE or James Stewart for another TE.

I think your overrating the TE position, you really do not need 2 TE to begin with........unless its Jermany Shockey & Tony Gonzales.

Guest El Satanico

I'm really not overrating the TE position. I know it's not an important position, but I had some expendable players so figured I'd just attempt to upgrade. I'm not out much either way so figured why not.

I know that Randle El did good last year, but since i now have 6 WRs chances are I'll never start him.

There's another reason Randle El is expendable to me. Robert Ferguson(named Green Bay's #2 wr) and Ashley Lelie are FAs and both have more potential to put up starting WR numbers this year barring injury.

Ferguson or Lelie > Randle El. Of course, if Randle El goes crazy on returns, you'd be losing the points he'd put up there, but the other two receivers are better. Lelie should start over Easy Ed, who should move into the slot and ply his trade there. I personally think your receivers are solid, but your RB are questionable. Edge needs to prove he can play at the top level again, Zero needs to prove he can do it over a whole season, and Travis Henry is allergic to hanging onto the football. I'd try to get a solid RB and a decent TE, but since only 6-8 TEs are really worth owning, I wouldn't mortgage too much to get one.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah I know my rbs are full of guys with questions surrounding them. Unfortunaly no one in this league is going to give be a rb who's more stable. Also almost every top RB has questions surrounding them.

If they deliver I've got a great lineup, but they do have a chance of exploding in my face leaving me with headaches.

Guest El Satanico

How do you guys feel about Joey Galloway and D'Wayne Bates?

Both were just released in my league. Would either of them be better pickups than Robert Ferguson or Ashley Lelie?

Joey Galloway is a bum, yeah, he will get 6 TDs but he drops the ball too much and look at the offense he is playing for, the Cowboys is not a passing powerhouse.

QB: Peyton Manning, Kerry Collins

WR: Eric Moulds, Donte Stallworth, Derrick Mason, Ashley Lelie, Robert Ferguson

RB: LT, Jamal Lewis, Stacey Mack, Corell Buckhalter

TE: Alge Crumpler

K: Jason Elam, Matt Stover

DEF: Atlanta

Guest El Satanico

QB: Aaron Brooks, Brett Favre

RB: Deuce, Edgerrin James, Brian Mitchell

WR: Joe Horn, Chad Johnson, Derrick Mason, Chris Chambers, Ashley Lelie, Robert Ferguson

TE: Todd Heap, Dallas Clarke

K: Olindo Mare, Jose Cortez

DP: Chris McAlister, Takeo Spikes, Dwight Freeney, Michael Strahan, Warren Sapp

Now I know what you're thinking..."Brian Mitchell as backup rb". Well this league only starts one RB so after drafting two good backs RB wasn't that important. When I finally drafted a third RB Mitchell was the only point scoring option I had. There's three starting spots for WR/RB.

I took Brooks too early(round 4), but I'm happy with this team.

QB: Daunte Culpepper, Tommy Maddox

RB: Alexander, S. Davis, Mack, Barlow, Kevin Faulk, Willis McGahee (it's a keeper league)

WR: Chad Johnson, Jerry Rice, Josh Reed, Marc Boerigter

TE: Shockey

K: Jeff Wilkins

Def: New England

I could use a better 2nd WR but overall I am happy.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah you'll have a weak 2nd WR slot, unless Josh Reed steps up this year as the replacement for Price

I just traded Buckhalter for Zereoue (must be an Eagles fan).

Anyways, I start 3 WRs in my league and am thinking about starting Ferguson over Mason in Week 1. Mason is playing the Raiders, while Ferguson is playing the Vikings whom usually gets torched by the Packers passing game. Should I do it?

Guest Crazy Dan

I organized a fantasy football league amongst my college buddies, and this was my team I drafted (we only did seven rounds and then a free agency draft of 8 players)

My team:

QB: Maddox and Hasselbeck

WR: Buress, Jackson (sea), Hilliard, Northcutt

RB: McAllister, James, George, Williams(Minn) Duckett

TE: Gonzalez, Polard

K: Andersen

DEf: Atlanta

In my league you only get to start 1 QB, 2 RB and WR, 1 utility, TE, K, and DEF.

Ok, I finally realized that I had the option of setting up the live draft without it being officially released, so were are going ahead with the LIVE DRAFT in the keeper league. Im tenatively scheduling it for this Saturday at 6 pm, but if thats not doable for more than half the league (6 teams) I can change it to whenever suits the most people. If you still wont be able to make it to the online draft, I would advise you to fill out a wish list by clicking the online draft button on the draft page and checking out the players who you want. Not as good as the yahoo predraft function, but its out of my hands. I think I've either given each person 2 minutes per round as well.

Draft order refresher:

12. Team Bad Ass (DangerousA)

11. Palookaville Psychos (Bps "The Truth" 21)

10. Johnsonville Jumbo Sized Hot Dogs (??)

9. Los Guerreros (razazteca)

8, Roswell Aliens (El Satanico)

7. Woodsville Womanizers (??)

6. Marvin's Madness (MarvinisaLunatic)

5. Metaluna Mutants (Kingpk)

4. Darkside Dominators (Dr. Tom)

3. Tyler's Trogdor Burminators (Tyler McClelland)

2. Pogo the Monkey (AgentBond34)

1. The Whalers on the Moon (the pinjockey)

Im also going to tidy up the scoring a bit and the schedule for at least the first week will be up before the draft..