TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Angle vs Lesnar, 6man elimination

Guest Choken One
It was a photo shop job...Rico (I think) posted it.

Damn it! I've been HAD! BY RICO of all people no less!

Interesting...

Look at the Elimination Chamber Picture...

Just which three men are the most focused on?

Yeah...THOSE THREE...

ec.gif

To me, it just looks like Orton and Goldberg are slightly in the backround.

Guest Choken One

Actually...Nash, HBK and HHH are more "outward" in the picture...with Goldberg and Orton clearly in the background with Jericho in the middle..

It just seemed to me that the Clique were more foucused upon..

Notice HHH and Nashes Shoulders are in front of Jericho...

I dunno if this means something or I am just reading into it too much per usual...

Guest Choken One

When HBK and HHH took up 90% of the page? and left the other four with head shots?

I'd perfer an BOX set type deal...

Guest Choken One

Why is that?

They did the Heel turn...the Dynamic is right there for a rematch...

Angle accepted...Why wouldn't Vince want his *monster* to have a match?

Although WWE has done Tag Matches with the World Champions before what can they do?

Vince/Brock Vs Angle/Taker?

Yeah, it was me. =P

But hell, when was the last time a TAG match was the ME of SS? 1989?

For WWE NOT to do the Angle / Lesnar rematch would just be...ghey.

Guest Askewniverse
But hell, when was the last time a TAG match was the ME of SS? 1989?

SummerSlam 1991 had a handicap match as the main event, if you want to count that

1998 and 1997 had reasons...

The hometown HBK...

and

The Taker/HBK blowoff with the huge ending...

1996 well...Who knows why...

1996- to set up Diesel vs. UT

1998 and 1997 had reasons...

The hometown HBK...

and

The Taker/HBK blowoff with the huge ending...

1996 well...Who knows why...

1996- to set up Diesel vs. UT

Yeah, I was just going to post the same thing. The Rumble came first, and Diesel was eliminated last. He was all pissed and even beat on the Bulldog into the back. The Rumble loss kind of motivated his confrontation with Undertaker.

For anyone who cares, here's last years EC picture... compare and contrast...

elimination.jpg

You know, a match like this would have been the perfect way to re-form the nWo, or some other sort of group, in WWE.

We have Nash, HBK, HHH all in there, Orton as their new buddy, Jericho is obviously warming up to HHH, and then the outsider in Goldberg. I dunno, it just seems like it would have been, interesting.

Angle should beat Lesnar, so they build up to a bigger match with a gimmick on it.

And Orton is my pick for the Chamber. I don't care who's shoulders are in front of who's in a photo because that shouldn't mean anything. But it's funny how Goldberg's gone from main event singles spot, to just another guy going for the belt.

As far as the Elimination Chamber goes, I think you guys are missing the boat...

HHH has had documented injuries over the last couple months and he is definitely not 100% now. His latest injury was made public AFTER the originally announced SummerSlam match (HHH-Goldberg). They realized with the injury that HHH probably can't wrestle a full PPV main event-length match, so they needed some way to cover. Hence, they throw everybody else in and make it an E.C. match. This whole thing is an elaborate cover for HHH's gimpy leg.

One of three things happens in this match:

1. HHH retains by being one of the last guy or second-to-last guy to enter the match, wrestle as little as possible and gets a cheap win over Goldberg to finish the match.

2. HHH comes in late, but still loses the belt to Goldberg and they are the last two left. (And given the situation, if they were planning on giving the belt to Goldberg originally, this is the best way to do it. HHH still jobs to Goldberg and the other guys can carry the rest of the match.)

3. Goldberg wins by pinning Jericho to finish after HHH gets eliminated early by HBK or Nash.

I'd say No. 3 is most likely because it allows HHH to lose the title by getting pinned by one of his buddies and then he can drop the "Goldberg didn't actually pin ME" card and get a September rematch.

But bottom line, if you think any of the other four have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the title, you're nuts.

Guest Choken One

I'm banking that HHH does the old "Injury" job here...

He'll suffer a CRIPPLING groin injury and try to fight it like the man he is but is FORCED to leave the match...

Hey...Hogan did it...

Hey...Hogan did it...

Spring Stampede 1999?

Always wondered WHY they did the injury angle, especially since Hogan wasn't the champion going in, so there'd be no reason for Hogan to play his "creative control" card.

Guest Choken One

Hogan didn't want to job...even though it was a 4 Way Dance...and it ended with Page pinning Flair (I think) anyways...

It was Hogan being Hogan...Unless the injury was legit but I don't recall that being the case...

But it wouldn't be a shock to see HHH pull that one off...