TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Smackdown rating

I enjoyed the Basham/ Noble match more than the Brock/ Vince screwjob cage match, and that was all I caught of Smackdown.

3.0... WWE's doing wonderful huh? Heh heh...

Guest Ghettoman

Your under-estimating the NY market. Add that in and it looks on-par with previous weeks.

Guest Ghettoman

So Meltz is under-estimating the NY market. Whatever works for you....

Guest Boo_Bradley

Blame Eddy/Beniot

They were the lead in to show...

/quote more than likely heard at titan Towers

Guest Trivia247

maybe stop putting your best matches at the very beginning of the Show there vince.

Guest Ghettoman
Yes.

Because all those years of work have taught him nothing.

Years of cred ruined because Ghettoman said so.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out a 3.0 minus one major market such as NY is on par with the 3.4's of recent weeks. I don't care if his name is Jesus and my name is "Guy who doesn't know ratings", it's quite an obvious equation.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

Is it just me or does it seem like the "good" shows seem to get poor ratings but the "bad" shows get high ratings??

I thought this past week's Smackdown was one of WWE's better broadcasts in some time.

You can't really judge shows on a scale of good to bad on just ratings. If you liked it, hell, its a good show, and the only opinion on the show that matters is your own. There ya go!

Yes.

Because all those years of work have taught him nothing.

Years of cred ruined because Ghettoman said so.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out a 3.0 minus one major market such as NY is on par with the 3.4's of recent weeks. I don't care if his name is Jesus and my name is "Guy who doesn't know ratings", it's quite an obvious equation.

Someone who covers the ratings every week of every year including when they are preempted in NYC, And many other places knows what said preemptions do to ratings.

I'll take his analysis over your opinion

Guest Ghettoman

Ever try your own thinking?....

Don't you think it's possible about .3 -.4 loss from last week came from one of the biggest markets not airing it? Is it maybe even more possible that a guy like Meltz would sensationalize a bit when dealing with something that he has a little more leeway with when it comes to adding his opinion? I mean whats more interesting, a rating that hasn't done anything or one thats falling or climbing? Think beyond Meltz for a second....

10% of TV/Radio the US is in the New York City Market. BUT, that is 10% of all ALL TV. So shows like Friends, CSI, Survivor, ect. ect. chip away from the WWE's market. So really it comes out to a loss of .07 viewers from last week. So by rounding you can go for a .1 added. Thus a 3.5 last week and the new 3.1 is still a drop none of the less. And even with the main being promoted, it shouldn't be an issue because more people would know what to expect and that generally covers market losses. And even if New England is McMahon's best ticket sell market. It doesn't always mean it is McMahon's best TV viewing market. So that can factor in as well. It isn't as cut or dry as you try to make it. But still, with Vince promoted in the main event screwjob(which everyone saw coming), then it still looks bad, no matter which market it not showing it.

Before trying the smartass comments on ratings, atleast KNOW people in the business and know about them.

Guest AfricanAmerican

Smackdown is going to be on UPN in about 15 minutes, starting at 8:00 for the New York area. Will anyone be able to find out the ratings?

10% of TV/Radio the US is in the New York City Market. BUT, that is 10% of all ALL TV. . . . And even if New England is McMahon's best ticket sell market. It doesn't always mean it is McMahon's best TV viewing market.

To be nitpicky, New York is not part of New England. If you're talking about where he sells the best, you can just say the Northeast in general: New York, the Meadowlands, Philly, Boston, Hartford, Providence. Then there's Long Island, and I don't know WHAT the deal is with those people.

Guest Ghettoman

LI has a rather large wrestling market in relation to it's size.

If tonight draws a rating over or way under 1.0, which would just be the WWOR market, then there's cases to be made, until then you can't say the ratings taken a dive when a major market didn't get the show.

LI has a rather large wrestling market in relation to it's size.

You wouldn't know it from watching a Raw in Uniondale. Paul Heyman actually reprimanded those people for their apathy. Nobody ever got on the house mic at MSG and told the crowd to stop sitting on their hands.

Guest Ghettoman

I never said they were good fans I just said they were....and hey I cheer when I go.

And off topic I really like the direction there taking the Matt/Gowan fued.