TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
brokentusk16

So has anyone seen the HBK DVD?

There's a good review of it over at the Oratory wrestling site. It includes match reviews, extras, and easter eggs. I also have the DVD, myself, and would recommend it. Here's the link to the Oratory review if you want it...

Review

Sounds really well put together and everything but there's just so many more matches they could have put on it. In a perfect world they'd do about 6 volumes of stuff following his career through comprehensively. There were loads of great Rockers matches for a start.

But the MASSES wouldn't buy that. I'd love it but they are marketing towards what I call semi-marks, not quite marks that just watch TV/PPV and not quite smart marks who would buy an archive of every Benoit match ever.

I have the DVD....got it from Best Buy one day, when they had one left. It was $19.99 on sale. Very good DVD and i would recommend it to everyone. Great matches, good promos. There's no filler or fluffer pieces in it....It's very straigh forward with action. Awesome DVD!

Guest DVD Spree

Th ereason nobodiy's reviewed it is that there's nothing to review.

There's six matches, one of which is an AWA Midnight Rockers match, and the other three are **** and ***** HBK matches that have already been reviewed to death. There are a couple of cute extras, but to be honest, this could've been SOOOO much better. Think of the missed opportunity with the nWo disc, and this is the SHawn Michaels version of that.

Get it cheap, but I wouldn't pay top bill for it.

The only complaint I have is the poor sound-mix on most matches, it's not 5.1 Dolby or nothing like that.

Other than that it's an awesome DVD from my favorite wrestler. Highest recommendation.