TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eiker_ir

quick question about unisntalling...

so, i think the only way to fix the problem i have with my mouse and other stuff is to completely uninstall and then reinstall Windows again.

i don't remember ever doing this to my PC in the past, so the question is, when i do this, do i lose any files or programs or do i lose anything at all?

help appreciated

No, it doesn't.

It depends on your configuration. The proper way to have a completely clean new windows is to format the drive that hosts your windows. Everything you have on that drive (that includes stuff in 'My documents' and other windows folders) will be lost. But everything on your other hard drives or partitions will still be there after you reinstall windows.

Im thinking about doing the same thing, and I was going to backup all my programs and stuff to CD-RWs. However, for some stupid reason my CD-RW drive has crapped out on me so Im not gonna get to do it unless I can figure out why my drive is screwed up.

Guest TUS_02
i have two HDs, C: and D:. Windows is in C: so if i format that one, i dont lose anything that's on Drive D:?

That would be correct. Your D: drive is safe.