TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

What's so bad about Randy Orton?

Guest JMA

Yes, we know he is being shoved down the throats of the fans. But he's not the first superstar to have this kind of push. I don't see much wrong with his ability to actually wrestle, and he does have charisma. Is it because he's associated with Hunter? Well, look at it this way, would YOU reject a mega-push by the guy who has all the stroke in the company?

I just don't see why the guy gets so much heat from the IWC. Has he done anything wrong backstage? What's the reason he's shat on so much?

I'd say he's too green for the push he's getting. They're trying to recreate The Rock by pushing him too hard and having a backlash. The problem with that is that The Rock had more charisma and was an accident and NOT done intentionally.

Guest Trivia247

Not the first orton to hitch onto a Heel stable of sorts

see Piper, Bob Orton, Orindorf, and Don Muroco.

But Randy is evidently being bibitized as the New Rock..Another 3rd generation Stuperstar.

(Not counting Chavo Guerrero whom is also a 3rd generation.)

Guest Ray
What's so good about him that he deserves an uber push?

Young

Athletic

Charismatic

Guest Anglesault

What's good about him?

He's yet to have a match that has made me say "Wow, push HIM!" while having multiple clunkers. He's not at all over, and his mic skills ae laughable.

Guest Choken One

Charismatic? Explain why those fans were sitting on their hands the other week on raW?

Guest JMA

I don't think they expect another Rock. I think they just expect a credible, charismatic, future main-eventer. And he's far less green than many of the other rookies coming in.

Guest Trivia247
What's good about him?

He's yet to have a match that has made me say "Wow, push HIM!" while having multiple clunkers. He's not at all over, and his mic skills ae laughable.

oooo He can hit that Diamond cutter like RKO reallly well heh as the WWE pays DDP Royalities lol

Then again they had the originators of three Ace Crushers on the WWE Payroll

Johnny Ace

Steve Austin

DDP...

though on a Bio on Austin it was suggested that Pat Patterson actually schooled Austin in how to hit his Stunner.... Interesting ain't it?

Guest Ray
Charismatic? Explain why those fans were sitting on their hands the other week on raW?

They do that all the time.......not just for Orton. ;)

Guest Anglesault
I like him, he deserves it. please dont flame me.

We won't. Just tell us if he deserves it on his lack of heat, lack of ringskills, or lack of mic skills.

Guest Choken One
I don't think they expect another Rock. I think just expect a credible, charismatic, future main-eventer. And he's far less green than many of the other rookies coming in.

Really? Why did they give him the Rocky Push and hope that lighting strikes twice and then give him the HHH TREATMENT?

It's because they are expecting him to be HHH MEETS ROCK.

Guest Anglesault

They do that all the time.......not just for Orton. ;)

Orton's the guy with the largest push who still gets nothing.

Guest Nightscrawler

His uber push is just ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind him in the mid-card slowly getting pushed, but main eventing SS?

That's just fucked up.

Did you say that last week, they weren't reacting to Orton? Actually, when he made that (incredibly dumb) comment about people wanting to see his nipples over Stacy's, he got a reaction. Heat from the guys, pops from the gals.

Guest JMA
We won't. Just tell us if he deserves it on his lack of heat, lack of ringskills, or lack of mic skills.

He not exactly heatless, y'know? He IS over as a midcard heel. And his wrestling skills are not below average.

Guest Ray
I wouldn't mind him in the mid-card slowly getting pushed, but main eventing SS?

That's just fucked up.

Ughh,......stop acting like he's in a main event singles match.

It's a 6-man match! He's in it, big deal.

Guest Anglesault

He not exactly heatless, y'know?

He's not? He seems to get Jackshit everytime the focus is directly on him and not someone named Flair. You could hear a pin drop in the Steiner match

And his wrestling skills are not below average.

Show me the "Wow, Push HIM!" matches, and I'll show you the "Wow, DON'T push him!" matches.

Guest Trivia247

He is still basically a piece of Tattoed White bread beyond the bravado he doesn't seem to got much.

Its not like the Orton Family were real big on Charisma in wrestling. But Orton left the Cowboy Hoss roots to take on this Pretty boy image . And it just seems that beyond the mic play and the poses he doesn't bring much to the table. Other than he is on the fast track to squash every elder wrestler on the roster just to make a name for himself..

but will give him one thing, Orton spent years in OVW to get to this point..

Unlike SOME Nonwrestler who shall remain Goldenly Nameless whom got dragged off the street and thrown into a Powerplant and into a SQUASH stint and World championship Blah.

Who might add is getting a Main event push now after what 4 months of being around the company?

Guest Nightscrawler

That's just fucked up.

Ughh,......stop acting like he's in a main event singles match.

It's a 6-man match! He's in it, big deal.

If he actually did something to deserve being in the match, then I wouldn't mind. But he didn't.

But I also do know that some of the other guys didn't do anything to be in the match, so I guess I see your point.

Guest Anglesault
but will give him one thing, Orton spent years in OVW to get to this point..

Yeah, it's kind of sad years in OVW produced this

If they'd just tone his push down a bit and scrap this "Legend Killer' crap, I'd have no problem with him. Plus, his push gives everyone the feeling that the future of the business/Main Event scene MUST be aligned with HHH. Everyone else are perennial midcarders. Like you didn't know that already.

All I have seen out of Orton is a pretty nice looking drop kick. He is NOT over. If WWE wants another Rock/Austin it is just gonna be dumb luck. Austin/Rock weren't exactly built to be the megastars they became, it just happened because they connected with the fans. Orton has that lame mic style where he says something and then has to pause to wait for the crowd to react, except, the crowd doesn't react because no one cares. If they want another failure as champion then they can go ahead and put the belt on him at SS. The legend killer gimmick is lame because he isn't doing anything on his own, he is playing second fiddle to Ric Flair and Triple H. As long as he is aligned with those two, he probably will ALWAYS be in the shadow, in Flair's because of who Flair is, and in Triple H's because HHH wouldn't have it any other way.

I would rather see Chris Nowinski or Jinjrak get the monster insider push.

RNN was a good start.....then he started to have wrestling matches and promos against real charismatic performers which made him look very green.

Hell, La Resistence can do the arrogent pose better than Ortan.

Guest Trivia247

in the end...the Evolution experiment would never work out because despite what improvement Orton has, his light will never be as bright as Ric Flair and HHH Whom are STILL active in wrestling and are not real managers.

He maybe the Diamond in the rough, but as far as HHH is concerned he is still just a Lump of coal that will take milleniums to turn into a Diamond...just long enough for HHH to...graceful leave wrestling as a wrestler...and become the full time WWE promoter.