TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

I invented a new cage match

I was watching Uncensored '96 today and they had that cool tower cage match. Because I think the elimination chamber is ghey, I thought of a new Survivor Series-esque cage match.

I call it Vertical Violence. I do because it's alliterative. It's a ring in cage, with a cage above it, and one above that, and one above that. Two teams of four face off, with one team on offense and one on defense. The team on defense puts a man in each cage. The team on offense puts one man in the top cage to start off. At any time, teams can substitute men from one tier to another, or from a cage to the sideline, provided they have not lost a fall. The first cage is won by a simple 3-count or submission. If the offense wins, they advance to the next cage, where pinfall wins, with weapons included in the cage. If the defense wins, another man from the offense picks up where the last man left off.

To sum up means of winning:

1)Pinfall/submission

2)pin + weapons

3) pin/submit + weapons

4)surrender only

In the fourth cage at the bottom, all remaining members who have not been eliminated join in the match at once. A surrender loses the match for the whole team.

I thought this would be a cool stipulation for Survivor Series. Thoughts/comments/complaints

Guest Eagan469

I always thought a match with water either in the ring or around it would be cool.

Like in order to get to the other side of the ring you'd have to go underwater, but it would all be see-through so we could see what was going on.

Guest Choken One
I always thought a match with water either in the ring or around it would be cool.

Like in order to get to the other side of the ring you'd have to go underwater, but it would all be see-through so we could see what was going on.

well WCW did that every spring break...

The drinking game was "WHO GOES IN THE WATER?"

I had a crazy idea for a cage match as well.

There's a metal cage around the ring, with two men being locked in, and aren't allowed to leave at any stage. The win comes from either a pinfall or submission, and there is no interference.

Guest Trivia247

back in those early mid 90's the WCW was always trying to come up with something goofie..

ahem chamber of horrors

Guest Choken One

What happened to that Thunderdome cage?

Where it was like a HIAC but only with a opening in the ceiling...they had a good Tag match with that at Havoc 1989 (?)

Where it was like a HIAC but only with a opening in the ceiling...they had a good Tag match with that at Havoc 1989 (?)

They just stopped using it. It did return in the form of the "Chamber of Horrors" and was lasted used at Halloween Havoc '97 for the Hogan/Piper match.

Guest JRE

I think the Elimination Chamber is the most gimmick-y thing I can tolerate. And that's only because they already built the thing. I figure I might as well wait and see if something awesome can be pulled off in the Chamber....BUT I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MORE STEEL STRUCTURES.

Guest wildpegasus

The thunderdome was also used for the Clash of the Champions in early1993.

Guest Dmann2000

Man someone needs to do a Battle Royal surrounded by a POOL.

Man someone needs to do a Battle Royal surrounded by a POOL.

how about a vat of acid, for our less-liked superstars?

two men entered. one man left.

That made me laugh out loud for the first time here at TSM in about a week. :D