TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Suicide King

SWF Storm Card for August 15th.

Guest Suicide King

Um... ok.

Muzz, yo momma so hairy, Bigfoot be takin' pictures of HER.

Muzz, yo mama's sooo hairy that her website is moms.hairy.net.

::cradles his beloved copy of Snaps Volume 4, acquired at Barnes and Noble for the best 4 bucks he ever spent::

I would say no, since you can't no show a promo. It's not like it HAS to be there in most circumstances. Usually, I'll write a promo or the other guy will, we'll let the other one look at it, change anything if need be, then send it in.

Wait? Huh? Frost retured? Why? What? I'm very confused...

And Muzz has low self-esteem and wishes people to verbally assault him? Well, it is comforting to know that some things never change.

Muzz, yo momma so fat, she be on both sides of your family.

...and yo grandmomma so fat, she sits next to everybody.

Da "got the old school momma jokes flyin' " H

Guest Beezel

since ruining continuity is bad: Muzz, your mother is so fat, she's fat.

Thank you.

Having done that, I see no issue with the new rules. And holy flying bricks seems a punishment to be wary of.

Alright Atlas, this time for real, this time for it all. I've got ideas upon ideas for you.

<insert maniacal laughter>

Why do you need the thread unlocked to get your stats out of it? Its not that I have a problem with doing it, I'm just curious as to why it needs done.

I see. I'll open it until tonight. I think I'll be online this evening for a little while and I'll close it back up. I just don't want any confusion. :)

This was the first SWF card thread I showed my mother, not knowing the fate in store for her...

You bastards. You cold bastards.

Hey, it's me!

Yea, I know, I've been neglecting... uh... everything outside of my marking duties, and I wish that weren't the case, but failing remedial math takes a lot out of you. I hope at some point to at least get back into following the fed again, but I'm rambling.

I'm just here to say... well... I understand where the ban on co-writes is coming from, but as was mentioned before, a lot of people choose to cowrite out of time restraints - and when you consider that school will be starting up again soon, limiting time even more, I'm not entirely sure this is the best idea.

Then again, I could be wrong. I'm wrong a lot.

Uh... well... er...

Muzz, yo mama's so fat, when she sits around the house she sits around the house!

... uh... I'll just crawl back in my hole now...

WC, there will be no Cyclone Comet promos on this board. He was strictly IGN-era. I would suggest PMing Raynor, as I know he has one or two...or really, anyone with an IGN Insider account could probably dig a couple up for you.

I sent him Comet's "Survival of the Fittest" promo, Cyclone Comet Dispenses Justice!. Still one of my favorites.

If anyone else needs it, just ask!

Federation Notes:

First and foremost, co-writing is now officially not allowed except for tag matches. This will hopefully prevent no-shows in the future. If you want a certain angle to go down, agree on it beforehand and both write, and we'll choose the better match. Co-writing no-shows have burnt us too many times.

I personally find this to be a little over the top, so, we experience a couple co-writing no shows and then we go straight and ban them outright. I don't like the idea of it at all and I believe that it will eventually end up doing more harm than good. The many times I've been approached to co-write a match, the person has most of the time, requested it due to time constraints (or in Janus' case). As we all know, TIME is what we need to write matches. Sometimes, a few of us just don't have the time to write full matches, and so we're left with two options, co-write or no show. Obviously, a co-write is the better option if the opponent agrees to it because you still write something and you don't have to smite your record with a no-show loss. As a couple people have mentioned before me, if you take away one's right to do this if they choose, it just may result in more no shows because every now and then, people will be unable to write a full match and they will fear being busted for a co-write, they will just no show. What happens if both competitors are unable to write full matches? We're looking at a double no show or two crappy 2000-3000 word matches, I for one, would much rather see a full match, I sure as hell know that.

Regardless, I feel the need to explain my reasons over what happened. On Sunday night (for me), I told my marker, who was good ol' Raynor, that I would need extra time to finish the match since Janus had disappeared from the face of the earth. I knew I would be unable to finish it within a couple hours, because I had more important things like school work to get done, and so I told him to just tell you King, to write in the match thread 'Match to be edited in later'. I thought this was reasonable enough. Since I live in Australia, my clock is obviously different, and when Raynor managed to message me back, it was during the middle of my school day. In this PM, he said that I should just get ANYTHING in, and believe me, I would have fire in the pissy incomplete 4000 word match I had, but I couldn't cause I didn't read the message until I got home from school, which was AFTER the posting of the show. I was kind of angry that you felt the need to write Double No Show in the match thread, even though I explained the situation. That Monday night, I spent hours throwing on an extra 5000 words to make the match somewhat respectable and ignored doing some required homework to do so, this I sent to you that night. Needless to say, I was kinda peeved how it was not posted into the thread by you, and I didn't receive any explanation as to why. It wasn't until I complained to Zed about two days later that he edited it in for me. I for one, am not a bitch to no one, and when I take time out of my life (which has been in the fucking shitter recently due to school and personal problems) to finish off a match I told my marker would be pretty late, I expect it to be edited in accordingly. So to say, I'm kinda a little annoyed.

Thirdly, if you are going to no-show notify your opponent as soon as possible, so they know to write something, anything. please.

Got no problems there, seems logical.

Fourth, I am officially reserving the right to boot double no-showers who do it without notification out of the fed, or bust them down to the JL. This is a warning. No one will be punished this time, and I may never have to do this. That would be nice. If you are going to no-show, let us know before the due time to prevent unpleasantness.

I thought everyone did this. I know I always message my marker and tell them that I'm no showing. It's just common practice. Even though I don't know why the fuck you'd boot people out of fed that's numbers are lowering, but yeah, whatever.

Yeah, I said my piece. All is done. Here's an smilie. :bonk:

It isn't just this time that we have been burnt on co-writes Crow. It has been happening for a while, and it is never intentional. Something always just "comes up".

The worst thing to hear from someone at 1 am when you are trying to get a show up is "so-and-so was co-writing with me and they dropped off the face of the Earth!" As I remember, co-writes used to be (strictly -speaking) against the rules. It is when people started with these 25,000 word PPV matches that they started to happen.

My solution, again, is to find ways to write more effectively. I maintain that a well-written 2500 word match will beat a long "wow! Look at how many words I wrote! It must be a good match" match every time. Why? Wel, to be frank, the wildcard in my point system is a head-to-head, ten point "More entertaining" award. It has turned the tide more than once.

The era of the co-write was kicked off by one of my matches, I think (the over-booked "Regenerate Rules" match), so I feel like I have some knowledge of how they work. I think they can be an asset when used correctly, but more often than not they are just short-cuts for people writing. Besides, a PPV shouldn't be a card full of co-writes.

Guest Goodear

Hey I have a suggestion regarding commentary. Although reading the Cyclone Comet promo that was posted on the board was a hoot and a half, I'm still thinking that he's such a by gone character that most people are going to have issues getting him down. At least until we see what some of the more established people do anyway. So I was thinking maybe we could add a third person to commentary for a few weeks while we get some CC flavor. Personally, I think our recently retired Frost would be a joy to work with and would provide a more serious edge to commentary that seems to be currently lacking. Maybe its just me.

I have no problem with Frost doing commentary. Just play it off as a promotional angle for Frost Brand Enterprises which are still major sponsors of the SWF. You could say that the promotional contract says that Frost, as the spokesman of the company, has to have so much airtime yearly and he needs to do commentary for a couple weeks to round that out.

Guest Suicide King

I've already explained why I instituted the policies I did. To interact with Crow's thread (and I would rather he PMed me, but eh) here we go.

I got Raynor's request from you, to effectively give you a day long extension so that the match could be edited in "later tomorrow." Well, the last thing I want is to set a policy for shows or ppvs that "if it's a co-write we can get it in in the next couple of days." No, I don't think so. The due times are non-negotiable, save, if you ask us in advance for an extension of reasonable time. Not sometime tomorrow. Way I figure it, if between you and Janus you couldn't be bothered to communicate with each other at all for a WEEK (I understand emergencies, but there was plenty of time), you don't deserve to get the extension. I will tell everyone now... better to turn in 2000 words of crap that tie up your plotline on time than to turn in 15000 words of fucking beauty that are a day late.

Then I get your match. Frankly, I was more than a little angry at the time, but I stand by my decision not to post the match. Maybe I am channeling stubby here and making decisions that piss people off, but that's my job, to make the hard decisions. The PPV had gone up already, and the card for the next show as well. I saw no reason to post your match for your plotline that you had dropped the ball on. It added nothing to the show that was again, already finished. I wouldn't have ever posted it, and if I hadn't made it a policy of never overruling another member of CC except on policy issues, I would have deleted it once Z posted it. If you didn't respect the fed's show enough to get a match in on time, than why should we respect it with a place on a well-touted card?

I would ask that in the future complaints about my policies either be PMed to be privately or to other members of CC, so that it can climb the chain of command. If it is something blatant of course (like banning Flesher for misspelling monkey) feel free to call for my public lynching.

i will show every writer as much respect as they show the fed. Guess how much you get if you no-show a ppv?

That said, I will be quiet now and not hold an undue grudge. things happen, I understand. I don't think this needs to blow up.

i am still angry about this ppv though, and I will remain to be. I hopefully will use it constructively to promote respect and a desire to excel in the writing.

Guest Suicide King

Now as to my commentator choice. I think you are all overlooking the most obvious reason I chose Cyclone Comet.

He will never complain about how his character is used. He is solely for the convenience of the writer. You have no obligations to use him any way other than you like, other than remaining true to his gimmick.

With active or present announcers, I get PMs occasionally expressing annoyance or confusion as to the actions of themselves in promos and match commentaries. Not frequently, but occasionally.

So, in part to avoid that but also in part to provide the most vibrant announcer possible, I chose Comet.

Remember everyone, the moment you retire you don't get to announce. I myself didn't get to announce for the JL for 6 months after I retired, and I myself requested my retirement from that announcing position so that we could freshen things up a bit.

Oh, and regarding multiple man teams and rotating announcers... maybe, but I would like to keep it as simple as possible. Besides, who said Comet would be here permanently? Maybe I'll pick someone new to pair with Riley each week. A sadistic side of me wanted to throw Spider Nekura with him. ;)

Yes, yes they do, Atlas. Now, I have to write like crazy just to get this match done. Thank you for triggering a massive power outage, Northern Ohio/Cleveland Area. :angry:

The rest of Ohio, namely Dayton and Columbus; you guys are OK. No anger at them here :)

Edited by Ash Ketchum

Ditto what Atlas said for me as well. Those outages caught me yesterday and work mangaged to get power back before I woke up, which meant I wasn't on my comp until 4. I'll try to get it in as close to the deadline as possible, though.

Mark, King, your replies have been noted. I don't really have anything to say in response, as I feel the best thing to do is indeed "be quiet now and not hold an undue grudge", but I'm just posting this to say I read your posts.