TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChick

Edgeucation of Adam Copeland -- Aug. 12, 2003

Welcome Edgeheads to an abbreviated version of the Edgeucation. Before I get e-mails complaining, there is a reason. I'm leaving for the airport as soon as my big ol' fingers type this bad boy out. I have an appearance in Toronto, followed by 10 days with my mom, and my buddy Mike's wedding. This means no Edgeucation next week. I know, I know, like Lance Storm would say, I'm slacking, but fear not, I'm home for quite a while after that.

Moving on to not-so-important matters, my summer of rock continues. On Tuesday night, Bubba Ray Dudley, his better half and I attended the Skid Row, Vince Neil and Poison concert. Hey, I still enjoy good, fun rock 'n' roll, and I've always been a Skids fan. During Skid Row’s set, it was relayed to me that the band wanted me to sing the shouting chorus on one of its new songs, "Thickskin." CHEAP PLUG ALERT: It’s a song which is on Skid Row’s new CD, of the same name, released last Tuesday. I pulled it off and, surprisingly, actually got a pop from the crowd.

From there, I went to the side of the stage to watch the rest of the set. They closed with "Youth Gone Wild," but not before guitarist, and buddy, Dave "Snake" Sabo handed me his guitar and pushed me back on stage. OK, I've only been playing four months. At first, I was the proverbial deer caught in the headlights, or a crowd watching a La Resistance match. I quickly snapped out of it to hear Snake tell me they were in G. From there, I was a Pete Townsend wind-milling machine (OK, maybe not quite, but it's a cool visual). I also just realized that three-fourths of the people reading this will have no clue who Pete Townsend is, but oh well. Suffice it to say, the Edger had a great time on stage. I can definitely see why Chris Jericho enjoys Fozzy so much. It's a completely different rush from what we do, while still sharing so many similarities.

After the show, the fun continued on the Skids bus. Now, for those of you who know me, you realize I'm not much of a drinker (except during the hockey playoffs). Between my trip to Calgary and this week, I think Bradshaw would have been proud. The Skids had a beer funnel, and this was a new experience for me. It was also a last experience for ye olde Edgemeister. After two, I tapped out quicker than Doink to a Crossface, or quicker than I did to Lance's. This was followed by Chris' baby shower, which once again ended with your faithful leader somehow slightly inebriated (maybe more than slightly). After some intense games of drunken Balderdash, it was time to leave and get some rest at my mom's this week, where I'm sure she'll fatten me to immense proportions. Thankfully, my weight is back up to 245 pound, which I have not sat at in a while. Mom should get it to 250.

Time to hit the ol’ Edgesack (not literally). A lot of the female demographic seem to be interested in who I would pick for a Diva for a manager, if I felt the need. While Stacy Keibler and I would be very tall and very blond, I somehow see Trish Stratus and I doing some cool things (get your minds out of the gutter). But I think I'd have to go with my girl, Lita. I believe we could do some cool, innovative stuff together (once again, minds out of the gutter) and we look like polar opposites. Actually Gail Kim would work too, what with the matching PVC trench coats, and it doesn't hurt that I find Asian women beautiful. But to be honest, I like flying solo. That way, if anything goes wrong, it's my responsibility, no one else's.

Once again, according to my very unofficial poll, it seems SmackDown! is the show that I should return to in the eyes of the fans. I have to admit, I see my opponents, who right now would be Eddie Guerrero, Rhyno, Big Show, and now Brock Lesnar, and that excites me (in a manly way, of course). Plus, it looks like Kurt Angle needs some serious help.

Well, every time I take an extended break I ask for feedback, so I can return to thousands of e-mails. My query this week involves little ol' me writing a book. Would you read it, especially if yours truly actually wrote it? No ghostwriters. Or is it too soon? Let me know.

Until next time, you have been Edgeucated.

Are they going to start having Edge use his real name when he comes back?

I assume he'll get a push towards the top...and I don't want to see the day that a guy named Kurt Angle or Brock Lesnar loses the title to a guy named "Edge".

It's so 80's like Taker

Guest JudasSault
At first, I was the proverbial deer caught in the headlights, or a crowd watching a La Resistance match.

heh heh heh

I hope they stick with the Who Attacked Edge angle, it worked for Austin. I'd love to see Edge Vs. Brock Lesnar again, that was a badass match.

Edge's Edgeography:

"Hey Edgeheads, I hope you enjoy reading this book by yours truly.

I recall the time when I made funny phrases on the back of Kurt Angle's pictures with one of them saying 'I have no testicles' during our feud last year. Needless to say, poor old Kurt didn't know about the phrases and ended up being the laughing stock in our feud, and even got his head shaved by me. To top it off, in another part of the feud, I edited his debuting T-shirt that year and he ended up getting pissed at me about it."

Holy shit, I'm starting to sound like Anglesault! :o

Guest Ray
I see my opponents, who right now would be Eddie Guerrero, Rhyno, Big Show, and now Brock Lesnar

*shudder*

Didn't they learn anything from Edge/A-Train? ;)

I see my opponents, who right now would be Eddie Guerrero, Rhyno, Big Show, and now Brock Lesnar

*shudder*

Didn't they learn anything from Edge/A-Train? ;)

Guess not. I like Edge, but he's only marginally better than an RVD, and he can't carry. Especially not a hoss.

i remember seeing an edge/big show match on smackdown, and it was good for what it was worth (i.e., an imitation of the standard "shawn michaels v. big man" formula). edge bumped around a lot, and had a nice little babyface comeback, with the 3 spears in a row(~!), i had no complaints. of course, it might just be because i don't hate edge.

Uh, hello. He was just listing off the main event/upper midcard heels on Smackdown. It doesn't mean he's actually going to feud with them.

And if anyone was wondering, that Edge/Big Show match was the Smackdown after Survivor Series last year. Wasn't bad, and that was before Big Show started consistently pulling off *** or higher matches.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

Is it just me, or are people actually starting to like the Big Show around here? Madness, I tell you.

Edge's book would read exactly like Have A Nice Day, except without anything very interesting in it. Shit, he even jokingly(?) bashes other wrestlers just like Mick did.

Actually Gail Kim would work too, what with the matching PVC trench coats, and it doesn't hurt that I find Asian women beautiful. But to be honest, I like flying solo. That way, if anything goes wrong, it's my responsibility, no one else's.

That's a S.C.T.N.M.T.B.A.S.C if I've ever read one (Shoot comment that's not meant to be a shoot comment . . . Duh)

I can't wait to see Edge back in action. I really think he should be WWE Champ in about a year and a half. So sue me, I like the guy.

I can't wait to see Edge back in action. I really think he should be WWE Champ in about a year and a half. So sue me, I like the guy.

:lol: No worries. I want the guy as World Champ.

He will get there though. He's pretty much of the WWE breed, so he'll get it sooner or later.

After being squashed by Triple H once or thrice.

I can't wait to see Edge back in action.  I really think he should be WWE Champ in about a year and a half.  So sue me, I like the guy.

He will get there though. He's pretty much of the WWE breed, so he'll get it sooner or later.

Not if he stays on Smackdown.

I can't wait to see Edge back in action.  I really think he should be WWE Champ in about a year and a half.  So sue me, I like the guy.

Not if he stays on Smackdown.

You do remember that Edge keeps refering to the WORLD title right?

Besides, how many credible babyfaces on RAW do they have? ...credible in terms of how WWE sees them.

Guest TheArchiteck

Edge didn't even like mention my birthday.

He sucks!!!!

Nah, but I agree. Raw is in need of top name babyfaces. Nash and Micheals can only do so much.

It worked for Austin?

Austin got attacked, was gone for almost a year (because of neck surgery), came back and immediately went on to try to find out who did it which ended being Rikishi who was in cahoots with HHH.

For them NOT to go on with the Who Attacked Edge when he comes back would be ghey, but then again Edge didn't get hit by a car. :P

It worked for Austin?

Austin got attacked, was gone for almost a year (because of neck surgery), came back and immediately went on to try to find out who did it which ended being Rikishi who was in cahoots with HHH.

For them NOT to go on with the Who Attacked Edge when he comes back would be ghey, but then again Edge didn't get hit by a car. :P

And it was...

RIKISHI! HE DID IT FOR THE PEOPLE!