TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Booker T's Injury Might Be Career Ending

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Well, if so, he had a good run. 5 world titles & 10+ tag titles are nothing to sneeze at, accomplishment wise. But that does suck. The last memory fans could have would be him getting chopped off at the knees by McMaHHHon.

But the key word is COULD. It COULD be career ending. Same thing was said about Angle not 6 months ago. But on the chance it is, make him an agent. Sure he's not bright, but he's been around 15 or so years.

Not trying to sound naive or anything, but I will believe it when I see it. Some time off/medical treatment may be enough for him to get healthy again, and have one final run. He had a great run, but we still have not heard anything definitive yet. When Booker returns, he will be mega over. This could be a blessing in disguise if he's able to come back: all the time off will make the marks forget about how he was continually destroyed by HHH. There will be a second coming of Booker T. Can you dig that sucka?

I hope he can come back from the injury, have a few music videos dedicated to his rehab, get the sympathy babyface heat, and then come back, win the Royal Rumble or something, and finally reach the top.

If it is career ending...fuck, dont know what to say about that. He's been a favorite of mine since I started watching wcw in 96.

Guest cpac

I hope he comes back better than ever, time off should heal his pain. Didn't Booker T say like a year ago that he only saw him wrestling for another couple of years??????

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Its a pity but I would imagine he would be more prone to injury now he is nearing the end of his career - I believe he will be hitting 40 within the next few years.

Booker has always stuck me as something special in wrestling because he had a good idea of when he was to hang em' up. He didn't want to hang around and pursue more money or success. For this, I admire him greatly and I hope I get to see him light the ring up one more time like he did in 97-98.

Booker's stated he wants to get out of the wrestling business soon so I think this might just be the ticket for retirement. It's a damn fucking shame the WWE dropped the ball with him and then FINALLY gave him the IC title..which should of happened in May.

Oh, let's not even get into the fact of the whole HHH/Mania feud and how nothing came out of that one when Booker should of one.

He's got his store in Houston, he's got a family, and he's pretty much set as far as $$$ goes. What's the point of going back to the WWE, getting misused some more, and possibly hurting your back?

I guess we'll have to see in a month.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Well, it's just a good thing Vince used Booker properly when he was red hot. I'd hate to think that they'd leave some money on the table by not squeezing every penny out of a guy when they had the chance.

:rolleyes:

Guest Quik

Bah, every injury could be career threatening. Rather than get paranoid, keep in mind that posting the worst possible scenario for an injury on a smark-darling like Booker T is a good way to at least slightly boost traffic for a news site.

I say he's out a couple months- tops.

Most likely Booker's injury would keep him out for a few months. But seeing how as he was thinking about retiring anyways he might just let this finish him. But who knows really. He may want to come back and get held down by Triple H some more.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Also, its a big shame considering they brought the IC title back mainly for Booker T.

Guest TheGame2705

Can some of you people hear yourselves? "Fans will only remember Booker losing to Triple H at Wrestlemania". Yeah because that's the ONLY fucking time WWE fans have ever seen him. If anything they'll remember the spinaroonie and sucka. I personally think it'd be good for Booker to get away for a while and possibly work on his in-ring. It's obvious Austin's horrid style that was tailor made for his character and should undeniably be used for everyone else ;) but I think he's not trying much himself anymore either. I was a huge fan in WCW and the crowd was so much more into everything he did. Either it's the dumb WWE fans, he's just not trying to connect anymore, or it might be that WWE gave him nothing to work with much like they do with alot of RAW people.

Can some of you people hear yourselves? "Fans will only remember Booker losing to Triple H at Wrestlemania". Yeah because that's the ONLY fucking time WWE fans have ever seen him. If anything they'll remember the spinaroonie and sucka.

Where do you get this quote from? It appears nowhere in the thread--it's just you rushing to defend HHH. The WM match WAS the LAST MEMORABLE thing to really happen with him, since they dropped the ball with the IC thing and gave it to him way too late.

This could be a blessing in disguise if he's able to come back: all the time off will make the marks forget about how he was continually destroyed by HHH. There will be a second coming of Booker T. Can you dig that sucka?

How's that the same thing? Remember that after Booker disappeared a while before popping up to team with Goldust his horrible stint as part of the Alliance was forgotten. He got over, and got over huge, enough to be in Raw's main event for Wrestlemania.

This is just saying that Booker could be given a clean slate. Sure, WWE may very well fuck it up again, but at least there's that glimmer of hope.

Guest TheGame2705
all the time off will make the marks forget about how he was continually destroyed by HHH.

The last memory fans could have would be him getting chopped off at the knees by McMaHHHon.

Since Booker is probably one of the top five reasons I watch WWE (as far as fave workers go), I'm VERY distressed.

I'm gonna just think about Angle to gain hope.

all the time off will make the marks forget about how he was continually destroyed by HHH.

Yeah, that killed him dead as a main event contender. This may give him a clean slate. Understand?

The last memory fans could have would be him getting chopped off at the knees by McMaHHHon.

Last memory doesn't equal "only thing he will be remembered for."

Booker's done jack shit since Mania. OOooh, he won the IC title on a meaningless Raw only to trade it back and forth with Christian. Does that strike you as memorable?

Guest Ray
smark-darling like Booker T

When did Booker become a smark-darling? :huh:

He's not exactly Benoit in the ring...

It's obvious Austin's horrid style that was tailor made for his character and should undeniably be used for everyone else

What the....?

Austin's style was "horrid" ??

That must be why he had so many great matches. ;)

I hope Booker can have one last match with Goldust- do it in Houston as well.

Do a back and forth match in which Booker wins with the Hangover.

He walks to the back and Goldust says:

Booker T- I want you to get your ass back here NOW!

Booker comes back and looks all confused but then Goldust says: You need to give the one fans one last Spinaroonie.

Booker does a Spinaroonie, hugs Goldust and then says: You fans were the best- now can you dig that

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKA

I think that since he's a cripple now, he should come back, put over Christian and Randy Orton and then leave the WWE forever.

Or at least, that's what you guys would be saying if it was Triple H who is twice as resilient and talented as Booker is.

I think that since he's a cripple now, he should come back, put over Christian and Randy Orton and then leave the WWE forever.

Or at least, that's what you guys would be saying if it was Triple H who is twice as resilient and talented as Booker is.

????

I don't know what sort of tone this is, but HHH doesn't have a possible career ending injury.

And I wouldn't make HHH put over Randy Orton. I don't know any wrestlers I hate that much.

Booker T is the kind of professional that would put over Christian- He just didn't do it on TV since the match would be ass due to his injury