TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Booker T's Injury Might Be Career Ending

Guest Askewniverse
I hope Booker can have one last match with Goldust- do it in Houston as well.

Do a back and forth match in which Booker wins with the Hangover.

He walks to the back and Goldust says:

Booker T- I want you to get your ass back here NOW!

Booker comes back and looks all confused but then Goldust says: You need to give the one fans one last Spinaroonie.

Booker does a Spinaroonie, hugs Goldust and then says: You fans were the best- now can you dig that

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKA

I wouldn't mind seeing this, but do you really think that Booker should use the Hangover, considering that his back is injured?

I hope he doesn't retire. Not yet.

And if he does, FUCK YOU HHH for ruining Booker's WM glory!

Guest RollingSambos

This kinda sucks, but on the other hand:

a) He was never as good in the ring in WWE as he was in WCW

b) He's never going to get past the I.C. level as long as HHH is around

c) He was going to retire in a year or two anyway

Guest TheGame2705
It's obvious Austin's horrid style that was tailor made for his character and should undeniably be used for everyone else

What the....?

Austin's style was "horrid" ??

That must be why he had so many great matches. ;)

So you're telling me that WWE style is great then?

Tell me Austin's great matches in your opinion. I'm not saying any of them or really bad or really good until you list them.

Austin didn't start punch,kick,finisher offense but he sure never changed it and undeniably Vince imposes this style thinking it'll make money for every other person who uses it.

Id hate to see Booker retire now, it would really be a sad day for me and heaps of fans. He has been a great competitor for a decade, a great Tag Champ, a great singles competitor, and, especially in the last two years, a terrific entertainer. He also is a good person, and that analogy stems from interviews and things that I have heard down the grapevine. If he does retire, I would like to see him come back for one last run, culminating in him winning the World Title and retiring it, putting it in a Tournament. It would be a fitting way to end his career.

But I still don't want to see him retire.

Guest Ray
So you're telling me that WWE style is great then?

No, I'm telling you Steve Austin is. ;)

Tell me Austin's great matches in your opinion. I'm not saying any of them or really bad or really good until you list them.

You need me to tell you Austin's great matches?

Where do I begin?

Hollywood Blondes vs. Steamboat/Douglas

Hollywood Blondes vs. Steamboat/Douglas

Hollywood Blondes vs. Flair/Arn Anderson

vs. Bret - Survivor Series 1996

vs. Bret vs. Vader vs. Taker - Final Four 1997

vs. Bret - Wrestlemania 13

Candian Stampede 10-Man Tag

w/Shawn Michaels vs. Owen and Davey Boy - Raw 1997

vs. Shawn Michaels - KOTR 1997

vs. Owen - Summerslam 1997

vs. Dude Love - Over The Edge 1998

vs. Rock - Wrestlemania 15

vs. Rock - Backlash 1999

vs. Chris Benoit - Raw 12/2000

vs. Triple H - No Way Out 2001

vs. Rock - Wrestlemania 17

vs. Benoit - Raw 5/01

vs. Benoit - Smackdown 5/01

w/HHH vs. Benoit and Jericho - 5/01

vs. Angle - Summerslam 2001

vs. Booker T - Smackdown 1/02

That's just off the top of my head.

Austin didn't start punch,kick,finisher offense but he sure never changed it and undeniably Vince imposes this style thinking it'll make money for every other person who uses it.

If you think Austin was just "punch kick stunner" you're sadly mistaken.

Read this........ALL of it. They explain Austin much better than I can.

Austin = god.

Guest Dynamite Kido

what a shame.....hopefully this isn't true and we will see the bookerman agaiiiiiin!!!!!!!!!!!11

Guest TheGame2705
Where do I begin?

vs. Bret - Survivor Series 1996

vs. Bret vs. Vader vs. Taker - Final Four 1997

vs. Bret - Wrestlemania 13

Candian Stampede 10-Man Tag

w/Shawn Michaels vs. Owen and Davey Boy - Raw 1997

vs. Shawn Michaels - KOTR 1997

vs. Owen - Summerslam 1997

vs. Dude Love - Over The Edge 1998

vs. Rock - Wrestlemania 15

vs. Rock - Backlash 1999

vs. Chris Benoit - Raw 12/2000

vs. Triple H - No Way Out 2001

vs. Rock - Wrestlemania 17

vs. Benoit - Raw 5/01

vs. Benoit - Smackdown 5/01

w/HHH vs. Benoit and Jericho - 5/01

vs. Angle - Summerslam 2001

vs. Booker T - Smackdown 1/02

That's just off the top of my head.

If you think Austin was just "punch kick stunner" you're sadly mistaken.

Read this........ALL of it. They explain Austin much better than I can.

Austin = god.

I should have said WWF/E because that's the only place where I was talking about.

Tell me who else is in those first three matches? Hey, isn't he the guy who's had good matches with like EVERYONE? The guy who made WORLD TITLE defenses against SKINNER seem credible? The first one was definitely good, I'll admit that. The second one, there's 3 other people so you couldn't place blame or glory all on him and at WM 13, the match was really good (only thing is, again he's in there with Bret).

The 4th is the 10 man tag and I think most people will tell you it wasn't the ringwork that it made it really great (although it wasn't bad) but the emotion and the storyline that made the match. Either way, he's in their with 9 other guys so you can't place all the fault or all the glory on him.

I can't argue with the tag match on RAW. Definitely a good match but still a tag.

KOR '97 I saw live and I was expecting better from those two and I wouldn't call it good. Wouldn't call it bad, but I wouldn't call a match where it was finisher attempts, finishers, and a million ref bumps galore a classic.

SS 97 was a good match. I can't deny that.

(Now here's where it goes downhill and he has the bad neck. So IMO, we have 2 matches with Bret and one with Owen to which he can take credit for because he wasn't spending anytime not in the match)

The next match is with Foley and I thought it was a good match. No problems there.

I guess WM 15 was alright but I think it helped the match that it was Rocky vs. Austin.

Backlash 99 with Rock vs. Austin I haven't seen but I can imagine it's like WM 15.

We have 3 free TV matches with Benoit, one which I thought was only rated good based on the fact that Benoit gave Austin 10 germans, which I thought was pointless.

Triple H vs. Austin at NWO O1 was primarily a garbage match because of the cage, weapons, etc.

WM 17 was ok but it was pretty much the same Austin/Rock crap that they did at 19 with finishers, each other's finishers, etc. This also had the cheap ending. When big matches like this don't have a clean finish especially at WM it makes me wary on how good the match should be rated because a finish is a big part.

The Power Trip vs. Canucks was pretty good. I liked the match.

He had good matches with Angle and thankfully you chose this one as they faced way too many times and if it's the Booker T I'm thinking of Booker I think blew about 2 or 3 spots in the match.

In the end he's had two great tag matches where his supporting cast was Owen, Bulldog,Shawn Michaels, Benoit, Jericho, and HHH. He of course spent some time on the apron so you can't give him all the credit for the matches being good. His good singles match were with Bret Hart, Benoit, Angle, and Foley and Rock but to be honest who hasn't had good matches with Benoit,Bret, and Angle? The Foley match was a special referee where they fought onto a car and other stuff like that. Who hasn't had a good match with Foley where he bumps for you? His matches with Rock weren't good because of the in-ring but because it was Austin vs. Rock.

All in all, I know this wasn't exactly backed up in the best way but I just wanted to put it in a way where it was easy to see Austin's best matches were with top caliber athletes. If you think Austin post-97 was anything but spinebuster-sleeper-punch-kick-finisher then you like him way too much. He's the personification of WWE style which everyone hates because everyone gets restricted to it.

Guest BionicRedneck
We have 3 free TV matches with Benoit, one which I thought was only rated good based on the fact that Benoit gave Austin 10 germans, which I thought was pointless.

Benoit-Austin on SmackDown was the best WWF match of 2001. It was pretty much all Austin, too, due to Benoit being injured etc.

Triple H vs. Austin at NWO O1 was primarily a garbage match because of the cage,weapons, etc.

Overrated.

His good singles match were with Bret Hart, Benoit, Angle, and Foley and Rock but to be honest who hasn't had good matches with Benoit,Bret, and Angle?

Lots of people haven't had good matches with Angle. Plus, the good Austin/Angle matches in 2001 were ALL Austin. As I said above the Benoit match was mainly Austin. Austin 98-00 wasn't spectacular in the ring (although he did manage to get decent brawls out of some slugs) he made a big time comeback in 2001 and was easily the WWF's wrestler of the year.

Guest RollingSambos
Benoit-Austin on SmackDown was the best WWF match of 2001. It was pretty much all Austin, too, due to Benoit being injured etc.

STRONGLY disagree. I thought that Austin v. Angle at SummerSlam, Austin v. Rock at X-7 and Rock v. Jericho at No Mercy were all better matches and stronger MOTY choices.

You're right about Austin v. HHH from No Way Out though...that was disgustingly overrated. I give it *** 1/2 tops.

Guest nikowwf

Anyone who is not appreciating Austin's matches and thinks its due to his opponents should seriously get the hell off the board because to not appreciate Austin is to not appreciate how great WWE can be - period.

niko

Guest BionicRedneck

Yeah, if you actually watch the matches you can see Austin isn't being carried.

Anyone who is not appreciating Austin's matches and thinks its due to his opponents should seriously get the hell off the board because to not appreciate Austin is to not appreciate how great WWE can be - period.

niko

I've seen some of the Stunning Steve stuff and it looks like he was good back in the days when he could move and sell.

Stone Cold the babyface getting the God Push, no-selling, is horrible. Huzzah, thank god our match was interrupted so Austin could come out and stunner all four guys in the ring, two of the cameramen outside, and five of the audience members by mistake.

I've been watching WWF/E since 99 and I've never cared for SCSA's matches from that time period to today. Punch, Kick, FU Elbow, mudhole stomping, stunner, finish. Maybe he'll throw in a suplex or two or the million dollar dream if it's a big match. Whoo. :boxing:

It's better than Fuck Goldberg's TWO MOVES OF DOOM, but that's not saying much.

Guest BionicRedneck

I hate this "Small moveset = bad wrestler" shit that keeps going around. Seriously, what kind of fool judges a wrestler on the size of their moveset? If the larger the moveset the better the wrestler, AJ Styles would be better than Stan Hansen. Think about the absurdity of that.

Guest Ray
I hate this "Small moveset = bad wrestler" shit that keeps going around. Seriously, what kind of fool judges a wrestler on the size of their moveset? If the larger the moveset the better the wrestler, AJ Styles would be better than Stan Hansen. Think about the absurdity of that.

Someone give this man a prize!

Best post I've seen in a looooong time.

It's so very sad to see so many people not "get" Austin.

I guess if he did a dozen pointless suplexes in every match like Angle he'd be loved. ;)

Benoit-Austin (10 german match) is overrated, so he gave bhim 10 german suplexs...big deall..other than that..it was completely boring..gee..Austin and Benoit boring..noo..I'd never figure they be boring..Benoit oozes entertainment. <_<

Guest Ray
Benoit-Austin (10 german match) is overrated, so he gave bhim 10 german suplexs...big deall..other than that..it was completely boring..gee..Austin and Benoit boring..noo..I'd never figure they be boring..Benoit oozes entertainment. <_<

Please tell me you are joking. ;)

Guest BionicRedneck

Am I the only person who didn't understand this. I think I got "other than the 10 Germans it was boring". The 10 German suplex spot is easily the worst part of that match, and is one of things that drags it down.

Benoit-Austin  (10 german match) is overrated, so he gave bhim 10 german suplexs...big deall..other than that..it was completely boring..gee..Austin and Benoit boring..noo..I'd never figure they be boring..Benoit oozes entertainment.  <_<

Please tell me you are joking. ;)

No, I'm not joking, that match is boring.

Guest TheGame2705

niko

I should get off the board because I don't agree with you? Maybe you should get off because you're not too keen on letting others have differing opinions.

It's not that. Or else I'd think Flair sucks for doing so many of the same spots over and over.

The problem is that SCSA's moves are nothing special. Jesus, with the exception of bumps and suplexing a heavy sack of shit like HHH, I COULD DO ALL THAT SHIT.

I can't believe you guys who bitch about WWE Main Event style go on about how great Austin's matches are. He friggin' personifies WWE Style.

Guest BionicRedneck

Austin's moves "aren't that special". Were Flair's? Windham's? Dibiase's? Hansen's? Jake's? Bret's

I suppose RVD's moveset is special, huh?

Basically, it doesn't matter. It's not really about what you are doing, more when and how you do it. Austin was a great wrestler. Plain and simple.