TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Ted Williams' Body Decapitated

NEW YORK - Ted Williams was decapitated by surgeons at the cryonics company where his body is suspended in liquid nitrogen, and several samples of his DNA are missing, Sports Illustrated reported.

The magazine's report, appearing in the issue that hits newsstands Wednesday, is based on internal documents, e-mails, photographs and tape recordings supplied by a former employee of Alcor Life Extension Foundation.

After Williams died July 5, 2002, his body was taken by private jet to the company in Scottsdale, Ariz. There, Williams' body was separated from his head in a procedure called neuroseparation, according to the magazine.

The operation was completed and Williams' head and body were preserved separately. The head is stored in a steel can filled with liquid nitrogen. It has been shaved, drilled with holes and accidentally cracked 10 times, the magazine said. Williams' body stands upright in a 9-foot tall cylindrical steel tank, also filled with liquid nitrogen.

The procedure, approved by Williams' son, John Henry, and daughter, Claudia, carries a $136,000 bill. Alcor claims it is still owed $111,000.

The magazine said that according to a taped conversation between former Alcor chief operating officer Larry Johnson and a board adviser, eight DNA samples among 182 taken from Williams are missing without explanation.

Spokeswoman Paula Lemler, wife of Alcor chief executive officer Jerry Lemler, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that company officials had not seen the article and would have no comment.

It has been shaved, drilled with holes and accidentally cracked 10 times, the magazine said.

....eight DNA samples among 182 taken from Williams are missing without explanation.

:unsure:

This all sounds like some bad sci-fi movie. That being said, it's very entertaining. How the hell has it been 'accidently cracked' 10 times? Do they take it out bowling, or something?

This all sounds like some bad sci-fi movie. That being said, it's very entertaining. How the hell has it been 'accidently cracked' 10 times? Do they take it out bowling, or something?

Will I go to hell if I laugh at that?

This is fucked up shit, and SOMEONE should pay dearly for it.

Guest El Satanico

So was the decapitation part of the surgery or was it an accidental decapitation?

So the future will be like Futurama, with the reanimated heads of famous people in a museum.

What sick bastard broke this story? John Henry Williams should rot in somewhere worse than hell.

Edited by DerangedHermit

Guest undisputedjericho

Isn't the Red Sox owner named John Henry, or is that a different John Henry?

This all sounds like some bad sci-fi movie.  That being said, it's very entertaining.  How the hell has it been 'accidently cracked' 10 times?  Do they take it out bowling, or something?

Will I go to hell if I laugh at that?

This is fucked up shit, and SOMEONE should pay dearly for it.

If you do, then I'll be roasting weenies down there with you!

You'd think this story will not get weirder, but I'm sure John Henry injected himself with half of the samples hoping to make something out of his shitty career, or he's going the DNA cloning route.

But think about this, rouge doctors, man still owes Alcor $110,000

Guest El Satanico

So does anyone know the surgery in question called for decapitation?

The article made it sound like the decapitation was part of the surgery. It's kinda strange for the media to make headlines about him being decapitated if it was part of the surgery. Well, ok nothing is too strange for the media.

It's overreacting to say his son should burn in hell for making a controversial decision about what to do with with his father's corpse. We can make Ted Williams clones now...wooo.

Silly humans and putting way too much value into how a corpse is handled. It's not alive, it has no feelings...it's just piece of rotting meat. Having an emotional attachment to rotting meat is simply insane.

Actually, Satanico beat you to the punch with the Futurama reference, Marvin. Anyway, I think my stance in this issue is "Don't freeze 'em unless you're going to eat 'em." Just take some DNA and maybe some brain stem cells to preserve and that's it. Everything else is just taking up space.

I also heard before that Williams's corpse shares the same room with a bunch of other cryogenically frozen chaps. Can anybody confirm that one?

Bastard John Henry Williams. He should be beat with a rubber hose!

If Ted's corpse gets to hang out with some other corpses, then what about his head? Is that just in a ziplock bag in deep freeze behind a frozen pizza or does it get to hang out with some other heads.

I know I'd get damn lonely if there weren't any other heads to hang out with. And pretty hungry if I was behind a frozen pizza

Just in case John Henry Williams needed something else to make him look like a complete fucktard, this story comes out. With the DNA samples missing, I wonder if someone's already gotten around to cloning old Teddy. :ph34r: