TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingDeacon

Two Hit Wonders?

Guest Random Hero
What about Chumbawumba? There was the "I get Knocked Down" song and then Amnesia I believe.

That's another thing I'm unclear on. "Amnesia" could have charted based on the 'residual heat' from "Tubthumping" but I wouldn't go out and call it a true hit.

All the same, from what I hear Chumbawumba could probably give a shit whether they have another hit or not...

I remember seeing an interview with them a little while ago and they said they weren't looking for chart success, they just wanted to make music.

Quite a rare thing for a band nowadays.

That's quite an easy thing to say when your band has zero fans and couldn't buy their way into the top 40.

What about Chumbawumba? There was the "I get Knocked Down" song and then Amnesia I believe.

That's another thing I'm unclear on. "Amnesia" could have charted based on the 'residual heat' from "Tubthumping" but I wouldn't go out and call it a true hit.

All the same, from what I hear Chumbawumba could probably give a shit whether they have another hit or not...

I remember seeing an interview with them a little while ago and they said they weren't looking for chart success, they just wanted to make music.

Quite a rare thing for a band nowadays.

That's quite an easy thing to say when your band has zero fans and couldn't buy their way into the top 40.

Yes, but they're supposedly anarchists so making top 40 charts is probably not high on their list of priorities.

Several Hendrix tracks were release after his death in the states, but none charted in the top 40. As an aside, I love Crosstown Traffic and I think it's one of his better and more overlooked tunes.

Fastball has only two hits that I know of, The Way, and Out Of My Head. They released another single that I remember, entitled You're An Ocean, which I enjoyed quite a bit, but it never did anything.

Guest Greg Valentine

Blues Traveler - Hook and Run-Around were big but I don't think Most Precarious charted.

Guest MissMattitude
Chumbawumba are probably one of my most despised of all bands. Ever. That's all I've really got to add at this juncture.

Oh I dunno, I quite liked them. I have 'Tubthumping' on single.

Reel Big Fish are still kicking so you can't really include them.

Dare I say that Nirvana might actually be a two hit wonder by this absurd definition? The only two songs I know of that they had that hit the top 40 in the pop charts were Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are.

Maybe About a Girl or something else charted after Cobain's death, I dunno.