TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
res37618

WrestleMania DVD Box Set

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get your opinion - do you think, if ever, a WrestleMania DVD Box Set will be released? Has anyone heard any possible news about it, or if/when it may be coming? I feel certain that it will happen sooner or later, but I want it NOW!

What do you think something like that will cost, and is it even feasible?

One more thing - needing to blur out the WWF logos from WM 15-18 - do you think that will make a huge difference, or will they even attempt to blur it on the DVD's? I know it's kind of a miniscule thing, but I would think watching WM X-7 with the WWF logo blurred out all the time would be a little annoying to say the least.

Just wanted to get some thoughts. . . .

Guest JRE

I already bought the Legacy Boxset for the VHS of Wrestlemania through Wrestlemania XV. And I have the video for 2000 and the DVDs for the last 3.

But, what the hell. I'd buy a Wrestlemania Boxset.....preferably if it included Wrestlemania through Wrestlemania XX. I'm a Wrestlemania freak. I attend them (started with XIX, and I plan on going to as much as I can).....I buy them on video or DVD, and I get seriously hyped around Wrestlemania time. I start watching all of the videos in order leading up to Mania every year. I even bought the obesely expensive "Insiders Story." So yes, I would buy it.

As for the logos....is it required that they change the logos even? Maybe they can get some kind of allowance for the DVDs. it would be annoying. But I'd only have the DVDs for collection purposes....so it wouldn't matter to me

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I don't see why they can't spare time to re-edit the logos. Or just black them out completely. Besides it's only 15-18 that the logo was in use, so why not?

You're damn right i'd by it. My current plan is copying all my tapes to DVD then giving them away, but i'd gladly pay for the WM series by itself. All i wanted was the WMs on DVD anyway. Gotta have Doink/Crush with optimum technology!

It would be a must buy if ALL the WMs were on DVD. Just imagine what the extras might be like? I'd get it whatever the cost maybe.

Guest LatinoHeat

There's no way they'd sell 20 dvd's in one package.

The price would be insane.

I forsee see 4 seperate releases. 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, and 15-20.

Maybe around $80 each set?

That would be what, 300 dollar set? For 300 bucks, they better stuff the shit out of that set. I mean all the major angles leading to the matches, major title changes leading to matches, extras of good promos around the time of it. All but 4,17, 18, 19, and 20 would have plenty of room for this shit. This would be a 25 DVD set. That is just fucking crazy.

I'd think that the DVD's in a WM box set would be like the "Attitude Collection" series they put out a couple of years ago - the DVD's will have NO extras on them, each one would just have the PPV itself and that's it.

I'm thinking what they might do, instead of a box set, is a 2 or 3 DVD set of the "greatest matches" and extras like interviews, promos leading up to the WM's , and so forth. That would sell as well, but I'd love to have some of the older WM's (like 3, 8, and 10) on a perfect quality DVD.

There were way too many good PPV's back in the day (cheezy as some may have been) to ignore a DVD market for them in some form or fashion. But it's probably damn near impossible to make everyone happy with DVD releases.

I've a;ways wished they'd make a DVD for each the past 25 years in 2005. Maybe release 2 or 3 at a time in limited circulation to gauge how much demand there really would be for each year. Include the greatest matches, angles, and current interviews regarding the times back then. Release more for years like 1985, 1987, 1992 (Lots of Flair stuff to draw people in), 1997, 1998, and I'm sure the more current it'd get, the more that would get put on the shelves.

I'd definitely buy a WM DVD set. I'm still missing I, II, V, & VI for my collection. I never got around to buying the Legacy versions. Now, most video stores around me don't even carry anymore WWF videos... only WWE videos. Having match histories and other extras would definitely be a plus, but I wouldn't be too upset with just the PPVs.

I just hope that if they release the WrestleManias on DVD...they don't cut out things like they did with the Attitude collection tapes.

You know...like the WrestleMania 5 Piper's Pit, or WrestleMania 12's pre-show matches (Tag Titles and Huckster vs. Nacho Man.)

It would be better if they sold the WrestleMania's individually at $20 or less.

That would be the best way to do it. And have a limited run so retailers aren't overstocked.

Guest Coffey

I own Wrestlemania I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XVII, & XIX on VHS and Wrestlemania XVIII on DVD. That means that I'm only missing Wrestlemania's IX, XV & XVI all of which sucked.

I don't think that it would be worth my money to get the box set. It would be wiser to just buy Wrestlemania XX when it comes out on DVD.

On the other hand, having all the Wrestlemania's on DVD would be better than having most on VHS.

The individual DVD's with loaded extras is a good idea, because if they come out with box sets, they will probably be bare bones to keep the prices down.

The best bet would be to release the box sets but make them available individually for those who refuse to have two copies of the same show.

Quite honestly, with so much potential for extras they'd be absolutely stupid not to release a complete DVD set. Especially for the earlier WrestleManias. I'd love to have the Hogan-Piper match from MSG that set up the main event for WMI, and you've got the Women's Title change from the same MSG card, the Studd/Patera-Andre haircut angle, possibly Santana regaining the IC Title from Valentine, and all of that just for WMI.

If the extras were there, I'd definitely pick it up.

I would definetly buy the WresteMania DVD box set. I've been waiting for this for a long time because I'm just sick of seeing them in VHS and those tapes are starting to wear out anyways. It's going to really expensive though. It'd probably end up being around $300 maybe more.

Because I am only 16, I really haven't been following wrestling for that long, I only know what I read and watch, so Hell yeah Id buy this.

That means that I'm only missing Wrestlemania's IX, XV & XVI all of which sucked.

Uhh....no.

Wrestlemania 2000 had THREE matches that were ***3/4 or better.

In terms of quality and effectiveness, 2000 stands behind:

• Wrestlemania III
  • Wrestlemania V
  • Wrestlemania VII
  • Wrestlemania VIII
  • Wrestlemania X
  • Wrestlemania X-7
  • Wrestlemania XIX

Guest Ray

Doesn't interest me. I've already seen the big matches anyway.

Why buy Wrestlemanias (which usually have a few classics and the rest is crap) when I can spend money on tapes FULL of high quality wrestling?

Why buy Wrestlemanias (which usually have a few classics and the rest is crap) when I can spend money on tapes FULL of high quality wrestling?

Proposed Wrestlemanias on DVD.

High-quality wrestling on VHS.

The quality of the VHS tapes we own are slowly degrading as we speak. I'm looking for methods of putting all of my tapes onto DVD, to "save" them from their impending death.

Guys, the only WMs with the old logo, WMs 15-18, are all avialable seperately.

The need to make a 1-14 box and leave empty space for the others. Because you have to buy so many additions, it shouldn't be MSRP'd too expensive. Most people buying one will buying about 6 others as well, and that's $$$$$$$$.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
That means that I'm only missing Wrestlemania's IX, XV & XVI all of which sucked.

XVI wasn't that bad at all. Angle/Benoit/Jericho, three-way ladder match, Foley's last match.

I don't think WWE is producing merchandise with the old scratch logo anymore.

I would love a WM DVD Box Set and it would be a must buy for me. Even though I already own 15-19 on DVD, I'd still get the set because I could probably sell the others.

The extras would be nice, but I would just consider them a bonus.

Dames

It's on my Wrestlemania legacy version.

I've seen the Wrestlemania V that comes in the I-XV collection- and it's on there

Weird...it's not on the one I got.

...I WAS SCREWED! :firing: