TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Hurricane and S.H.I.T.

I've heard some rumors already that the S.H.I.T. is going to lead to Hurricane leaving the superhero gimmick to Rosie and have a revamped Helms become a strong candidate to win the intercontinental title. I think it could work well by keeping the gimmick alive with someone with less longterm possibilities while leaving Helms a chance at better things. Any comments?

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I don't think it would work.

I think Helms is stuck with this persona for a while yet.

The only thing they can really do is have him be a 'bad' superhero - kinda like the bad Superman...

I heard it on another message board that the poster talked to Rosie at a house show. Normally I wouldn't give much credit to this story but the poster is known for being pretty on the ball, he sends me smackdown spoilers usaully about an hour before Da' Meltz posts them.

I kinda figured Hells being too skinny to be even given a shot with it. However, since Christian had it already, it's not too unlikely. Hurricane's still generally a better worker than him even with his lame WWE Heavyweight Style that he's had since taking up the gimmick, and also he's consisently over even if it is just because of the gimmick.

However, I think S.H.I.T. is just something for Rosey to do until something "better" is devised for him.

Guest Korgath

I'm not even sure WHAT my stand is on this. I'm all for pushing younger workers and all, but on RAW, that's sometimes a signed contract for a major squashing.

I would like this very much... but not yet...

I've been wanting Helms to get out of this character. I think he's got much more potential long term than a lot of the guys on the roster. There is some unfinished Hurricane business however with wasted opportunities to do something with Hurricane and guys like Shark Boy, Nova and Mortis (Mortis as the villain). Perhaps throw Evil Doink in there as well as a nemeis along with S.H.I.T and maybe revitalize bad 80's/90's gimmicks like Papa Shango, etc. Gerwitz could virtually have a comic series on Raw? How has someone on creative not come up with this when they are comic book geeks supposedly? It's some great undercard potential and they could even produce animated promotional videos. It doesn't have to just be campy - it could be cool, innovative and campy...

In the future I do see Shane Helms in an arrogant heel role. Perhaps have him turn on the Super Force Team he creates to become Evolution's fourth setting up a new feud (Triple h vs. Shark Boy, yeah right). Helms will become a star with an eventual heel turn however and the dropping of the Hurricane gimmick.

I seriously see him and Randy Orton as the future of Raw in five years...

pnr1.gif

PITTSBURGH NET RADIO - it's music from Pittsburgh - and isn't that bad - give it a listen!

I really can't see them doing anything else with Helms, so I guess its best for him to still Hurricane it. They can still keep it going. It's just like Raven said in the shoot interview...if they give Hurricane and a few others more TV time they can get themselves over. Rosie's much more over now that he's a S.H.I.T-er than when he was in 3MW. Send Mortis to Raw to feud with them, Nova will be able to wrestle again in a few months (he's out with a knee injury) and you can have the four of them tear it up in the first hour of Raw and on Heat.

Maybe Hurricane can have a personality similiar to Mattitude.

And never speak of 3 Count ever again....unless Jeff Hardy returns with Lita.

Guest Coffey

You know, I hate the Hurricane's gimmick so I wish they would do something else with him. I've hated the gimmick since day one. Sure, he has made me laugh a couple of times because of how silly he is, but that isn't what wrestling should be about.

Man, I would give anything to go back to the days of ranking wrestlers. It just seemed like more of a sport when people where constantly trying to climb the ladder and aquire singles gold.

I remember at one time when I listed what I thought the worst gimmicks in wrestling were. The Hurricane and Kane were at the top of the list. Kane has already ditched his mask and headed in a different direction. If the Hurricane could do the same thing, that would be great.

Of course, the Hurricane doesn't have size on his side...and he still has a speech problem so it'll be tough to get over on the mic...just like Kanyon.

If Hurricane is gonna pass the torch to Rosey to lead the good fight so Shane can move on and win the IC title, I'm all for it! :D

Guest JMA

I'm a big comic fan. And let me tell you--I HATE camp. And that's what this gimmick is. I would give anything to see Shane/Gregory back again.

I've said it before..

Rosie + Rikishi = A.S.S. = Amazing Super Samoans.

Classic. THAT = Ratings.

It actually even has a safety net in place if the gimmick change doesn't work. Let's say Helms does give up his superhero gimmick to his little S.H.I.T. and becomes 'normal' again. If either the Helms push bombs or the Rosie as a superhero push bombs, then you just turn Rosie heel again, as a supervillian. Which would lead to Helms returning as the Hurricane to vanquish the evildoer. It's a shitty feud for someone like Helms (who I really dig as a wrestler) but it's better than the nothing he's doing now.

And never speak of 3 Count ever again

3 Count owns.

....unless Jeff Hardy returns with Lita.

Tell me you did not just say that.

Anyway, I'm all for moving Helms out of the Hurricane gimmick. I'd move him back to SD as Sugar Shane Helms, pretty-boy dick heel in the cruiser division. He could do a promo of how comic books are for losers, and how he had to sign autographs for "snot-nosed kids" while all the other guys went back to the hotel w/ chicks.

Here's where the Hurricane gimmick is going:

Rosie keeps making saves for Hurricane.

They do a few tag matches.

Rosie turns on Hurricane.

It might get Rosie over as a heel, but Hurricane is as high as he's going to go.

edit: I should say "As high is he's going to be allowed to be."

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Rosey will turn on him and get a push.

Kind of off topic, but in the new version of EWR, Rosey marries Linda McMahon's previously unknown daughter and gains creative control. Does this happen to everyone?

Guest Shaved Bear
However, I think S.H.I.T. is just something for Rosey to do until something "better" is devised for him.

So another words...when a WWE ring builder guy quits and a job opens up for him

Guest JMA

I really doubt Helms will get to use "Shane" as his first name again. It'll probably just be Gregory again.

Guest Breetai

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone else want to see Hurricane vs Christian simply for the awsome possibility of an Unprettier/Vertibreaker reversal sequence?

I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Hurricane, and the thought of him actually climbing up the ladder in the WWE makes me happy. xD However... something HUGE needs to happen in the upper card for it to be possible, and not just a squash-fest.