TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Conan Tonight

Anyone watch tonight? I was reminded of the awesome chemistry Conan and Andy had. Throw in Marilyn Manson whose always entertaining, Mick Foley (wasn't on enough) and the talking lips with Schwartzennger you had a great show. God, I can't wait until the 10th anniversary show on September 14th.

Guest HHH123007

Foley wasted up all his time with that tired "Pooh" rant.

It was a very good show.

ehhh, nothing special. But I love when they get the tv screen down for the mock interviews, those are usually great.

Andy was so-so, took up way too much time. I'm not a Manson fan, he didn't say anything worth remembering, and Mick didn't have any time to talk.

Goddamn Andy

As much as I love Conan, I HATE the 'talking lips' things, for the most part. Most of the time they're boring and take up way too much time. Especially last night, I mean, you have Andy Richter RIGHT THERE. Do something with him, like taking the desk for a drive, or a staring contest, ANYTHING.

The rest of the show was really good, though.

Conan was very funny in the 10 minutes he was actually on. They opened up the show with Conan already in his seat, so he asked the band to play his song. "You know, for the first time in almost ten years, I actually saw you guys play my theme song. I'm always in the back getting ready, and then I come through the curtain. Well, I gotta say, that was really horrible. It was way too long, and then you've got the zing-zang-zing-zing."

He then had Joel, who was sitting next to him as his 'guest,' do the announcing for the guests that weren't going to be there. "Melanie Griffith..." "Now say 'Will not be appearing." And Joel did just that.

I wish that they would've made tonight special and instead of cutting away to a bland rerun in May, they should've cut to a 1996 show or something. That would've been awesome considering I just got into Conan like two or three years ago.

Did Letterman do an introduction or anything on his show?

Arnold's interview from last week was funnier. Talking about going back and killing the founding fathers, so he can become President.

"I can not tell a lie. Your dead!"

Guest T_Hunt

That Arnold interview last week was the funniest thing i have seen on Conan in resent memory.