1. 1. Team (GB)

• Marlins
    • Phillies (0.5)
    • D-backs (1.5)
    • Cardinals (3.0)
    • Cubs (3.5)
    • Dodgers (4.5)
    • Astros (N/A)

I included the Astros in the poll because that division is still pretty wide open and the Cardinals and/or Cubs could still overtake them. I'm think I'm safe in saying the Giants and Braves will win their divisions.

Ok, everyone here probably knows by now that I am a Marlins fan and I started a topic on them winning the wild card the first week of July (when it looked improbable), BUT here is why I truly believe it will happen...

Al you are right, the marlins are playing over their heads right now, but that's the best thing for them. That might sound crazy, but they, as a team, are at that magical place right now where they think they are unbeatable. Ramon Castro, 13th inning walk-off homerun Tuesday. Mike Mordecai, 11th inning walkoff homerun Wednesday after Urbina blew the save in the 9th. No matter what the situation, I think this team is so young that they feel they can win. That's half the battle right there. They won't give up, quit, or die until the last out is recorded. You would think you'd be able to say that about all teams, but it's not always the case.

This is the Marlins year, I can feel it.

Well, I'm still hoping for the Expos (so I won't be voting in the poll), but their horrible road record is hurting them. I'll be happy, though, if anyone but Florida wins it, but I'll probably be pulling for either the Phillies or the Cubs.

It took the Marlins playing over their heads and the Phillies playing like shit for them to take over, so I am still going to guess Phils recover and win.

And in the next two months Chase Utley becomes a Philadelphia legend.

I'm going to be cheering for the Marlins, they seem to be another young team that is succeeding like the Royals are. Plus, they just won two games in a row on a HR.

And Jack McKeon was a former Royals manager in the 70s.

Go Marlins!

My sentimental pick is the Marlins because I love everything that Dontrelle is doing but I think the Phills are going to get paste them in the long run. Pat Burrell and Placido Polanco are absolutely red hot right now, as well as Thome with that HR he blasted a few nights ago.

The main problem with the Phillies is their bullpen. Jose Mesa has looked like a train wreck recently, which brought back freightening memories of Wild Thing Mitch Williams. They did get Mike Williams from the Pirates but his ERA is astronomical too.

The Marlins have the same issue though with Urbina the other night blowing a save. If Dontrelle doesn't get out of his small slump that he's been in the past couple of games, than the rest of the team might follow suit with him.

I have no fear about the Phils bullpen. While their ninth innings have been interesting, the rest of the bullpen has been terrific all year.

Pleasac (1.44 ERA, no ER allowed since June 4th)

Wendell (2.01 ERA)

Cormier (1.43 ERA, take out his first outing of the season he has a 0.73 ERA)

Adams (2.28 ERA)

They will be able to pick up the slack. And Mike Williams has been solid since his first shaky week with the club (1 ER in his last 7 appearances, 7 1/3 innings).

They need to use Mike Williams instead of Jose Mesa then because lately its been over 50% chance that he's going to give up somewhere between 1-3 runs. I'm all for the Phills I just hope that Mesa doesn't cost them to many games that they should've won because they had him in when they should have had Williams in.

Well, I'm still hoping for the Expos (so I won't be voting in the poll),

Yeah, I forgot to put the "other" option. My bad