TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

NBC cancels Just Shoot Me

From IMDB.com

---------------------------------------------

"Just Shoot Me" -- And They Did

Just Shoot Me, which debuted in 1997 and was once one of NBC's highest-rated sitcoms, is being finished off on Saturday night with two all-new episodes including the series finale that will likely draw a tiny audience. "If NBC had set out to kill Just Shoot Me, which I'm sure they didn't, they couldn't have done a better job," producer-writer Steven Levitan told USA Today. "I don't think we ever had a fighting chance this year." Levitan was particularly upset that NBC Entertainment president Jeff Zucker had decided to air a new episode, followed by the finale of the long-running sitcom, on a Saturday night in summer, when relatively few people watch TV. "Jeff had his shows that he wanted to push,

and we weren't one of them," Levitan told the newspaper.

---------------------------------------------

I really didn't know new episodes were still being shown. I liked the show well enough but never made a serious attempt to watch it regularly.

It was a good show (great one for a while), but they had begun to run out of gas, especially by the final season, where they added in the new female character. In any case, I'll look forward to the show landed on DVD sooner or later.

Guest wrestlingbs

That's so damn idiotic, to kill of your own shows just because you don't like them. See Farscape, Futurama, everyshow put on Friday night...

The show was on its last legs. The ratings where none existent. Like Bruiser said the new female character with the thick accent is a sign of desperation.

Farscape I agree with wholeheartedly. That was one of the best, most innovative sci-fi shows to hit TV since Star Trek back in the 60s, and USA pulls the plug on them for no reason other than personal taste.

I'm sorry but I got tired of David Spade's act after the second season, especially after he went into syndication and you saw his smarmy, sarcastic ass on practically every independent station.

Maybe it's just because I'm a very sarcastic person myself and think the likes of Jerry Seinfeld are geniuses in their craft, but I always enjoyed Spade's smartass character (and still do).