TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Jeff Weaver for sale on Ebay

Jeff Weaver

Description

For sale is Yankees starting pitcher Jeff Weaver.

Pitcher is in fair-to-good condition; hardly used. Shows minor wear. Hair freshly feathered.

Acquired by mistake in an attempt to keep him from wearing red socks.

Must sell ASAP. Will take best offer from qualified bidder.

Talent not included (missing talent might be located in Detroit; buyer's responsibility to procure; no guarantees)

(NOTE: will sell only to the Boston, USA, region. See: solditems.ebay.com/mendoza.ramiro.html)

Extra gold chains added upon buyer's request.

Accepted forms of payment (winning bidder's choice):

Option 1—U.S.($) currency, via PayPal only

Option 2—One new white turtleneck (XXL) and one bag of batting practice balls.

Current bid: US $1,059.99

i-1.JPG

Guest Eagan469

When the Bills were having a shitty season in like 1997, some guy took out a classified ad in the local paper saying:

Wanted: Offensive Line that can block

Show up at 1 Bills Drive this Sunday

Hey if you bid now for an extra $200 dollars they'll throw in Jesse Orosco! :lol: Now its upto 72 bids and is $15,000. I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff show up to the Cubs. That'd get Shawn Estes the hell out of here. And he can get shipped back to New York.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff show up to the Cubs. That'd get Shawn Estes the hell out of here.

As a Cubs fan, I both agree and disagree with you. Yes, Estes hitting the road would be a good thing. Bringing in Weaver? Not so much. Hell, just give Juan Cruz a chance; he's no worse than Weaver, plus it could finally be a chance to see what he can really do.

Anyway, this whole thing is hilarious. Maybe the Mariners can put Jeff Cirillo up for bid as well.

Weaver was a fairly promising pitcher when he was with the Tigers. Once he got to NY though he was just horrible. I'd take a chance on him reverting back to his Detroit Tiger form by just entering in the Cubs clubhouse. It has to be a more laid back clubhouse then in NY with guys like Roger Clemens and Mike Mussina walking around and your supposed to live up to your greatness.

You're right Juan Cruz is a pretty good pitcher. I'd sooner see him in the bullpen though because god knows the cubs need someone good in the bullpen. Hell if they got Weaver throw him in the Bullpen.

I've only seen Cruz pitch a couple times, twice as a starter, since he was filling in for Mark Prior during his abscence. He did a nice job and personally, think he'd do better than Estes, who never really seems to have good stuff when he pitches. He's not horrible, but he's got a ways to go before he can be a true threat. As for Cruz, I got a bad first impression when I first saw him pitch. He came out of the pen during a game against the Phillies in late June and was just terrible. He had no control and walked in several runs. Even the apologetic commentators weren't defending him. But since then, he's shown he can be good, the problem is, getting him to pitch on a regular basis. They rarely go to him when they need a relief pitcher, and I think it's been some two weeks since he's even pitched in any capacity.

Say what you will about the Cubs, but you can't deny that they have one of the best young starting rotations out there. They've got some growing pains to take care of (Clement with his occassional troubles against lefties, settling down after giving up several hits, and his fielding), but once they do, they should be one of the more unstoppable rotations out there. They're usually pretty solid (aside from Estes), but the problems have come from the lack of Cubs offense at times.

I saw Cruz pitch last year. They started him off in the starting rotation at the beginning of the year. He wasn't bad at first but got really bad as the season went on.

The cubs do have a great young staff but I think the A's have them beat. Barry Zito, Mark Mulder, Tim Hudson, and Rich Harden. All potential 20 game winners as long as there offense produces. The weak link would be Ted Lilly but he's not exactly horrible either.

I don't know where the cubs and A's are finding these kids at because the Cubs had Dontrelle in their farm system at one time.

Its a close match up between the staffs and I'd love to see both squads square off in a series.

The bidders are overpaying for Weaver. Though I'd like to see what he can do outside of New York. Some guys can't play when the pressure is on, and Weaver seems to be one of those guys. He was good in Detroit, where he didn't recieve a lot of publicity or have a lot of pressure because of Detroit sucking. Maybe they can send him to Tampa Bay or something to resurrect his career.

Guest Anglesault

Did they take it down?

I have box seats to see him pitch on Monday.

When you see the game program go flying across the field and into his head, think of me.

Guest Anglesault
And when I watch homer after homer and run after run score, I'll think of you then too, AS. :P

I think the two go hand-in-hand.

Guest El Satanico

Of course ebay took the auction down. Ebay's rules state that you can't auction humans or human body parts.